PDA

View Full Version : Can meditation do this for me?

Scott
03-03-2001, 11:04 PM
A few times in my life, I can recall an unusual circumstance. I felt really .. strong, together, focussed mentally. Unusually so. Freakishly so =)

I could feel my center of gravity, and had a ton of energy.. Felt like I could have ran a mile or two without losing my breath. Also felt really balanced, and like every part of my body was covered in muscle. My thoughts were clear and together.. it lasted about 15 minutes or so, I guess. Can meditation do this for me all the time?

-Scott

"Life is hard, but so am I." -- The Eels.

o
03-04-2001, 03:20 AM
Try some Zen meditation (known as Zazen). With practice, you will increase your joriki or this concentration/awareness ability.

Oh yes, I've had the same feeling you were describing (during a tennis match). I felt like I was all over the court (and I easily won, when normally with that specific partner we usually tie).

monkey mind
03-10-2001, 10:16 PM
Hi. Meditation can produce many powerful experiences, such as the one you described. I'd only add that many poeple would say that to meditate in order to produce these experiences is missing the larger point of meditation. That's not to say it isn't worth pursuing.

Also, people's reasons for continuing and deepening their meditation practice may be very different from what got them involved in the first place. One of my teachers first learned meditation to get rid of migraines, but he soon found more compelling, spiritual reasons to practice. Peace.

masterroshi100
03-12-2001, 05:31 PM
I had that feeling about the third time I ever meditated. It's the most awesome feeling, isn't it? I believe that this type of feeling can become permanent with the more advanced and time-consuming types of meditation. The next time you feel this way, do me a favor and attempt to release this energy inside of you. Throw out your hands and attempt to release it. And then e-mail me and tell me what you felt.
masterroshi100@hotmail.com
It may take a couple times, but with more meditation you can feel the energy leave without losing the awareness feeling. Every time I meditate I have the feeling you're talking about and I have an overwhelming warm tingly feeling that I can move around in my body and release through my hands. I suppose this is Chi?
Well, anyway, good luck.

prana
03-13-2001, 04:24 AM
Just a suggestion, perhaps just watch the sensation, and not crave or celebrate it.
I do not know want to know the results of this but perhaps u will then understand why :)

What is occupying that corpse you call 'I' ?

Nexus
07-25-2001, 08:09 PM
Might be implying some sort of blissful state that is pronlonged and becomes what some call the "beautiful breath".

That state is worth watching and enjoying each moment of, and it is recommended to set an alarm if you wish to return from this state or forever be caught in the meditation! (Just kidding, its nice to have an alarm so you don't miss appointments if you intend on doing long sessions of meditation).

Freedom is what you do with what is done to you. - Sartres

prana
07-26-2001, 03:19 AM
Nexus...

Hmm we might be talking on two different levels, in fact I suspect so..... My reaction to these experiences is to just let them be, like passing beautiful signs on the freeway. Some people like t put it as "Take one step forward and one step back", "Gain it but free it"...

Is this what you meant ? Pardon my comprehending your last statement....

Recognise the vivid blue lights of Lord Vairochana.
Recognise the blinding white lights of Lord Aksobhya.
Recognise the brilliant yellow lights of Lord Ratnasambhava.
Recognise the fiery red lights of Lord Amithaba.
Recognise the pure green lights of Lord Amoghasiddhi.