PDA

View Full Version : 8 Diagram Pole Question - Help Me Figure It Out?

Humble Disciple
12-14-2007, 05:31 PM
I learned the "5th Brother's Rod 8 Diagram Pole" from my Sifu some time ago and I am still in the process of trying to understand it. While searching for the answer I came across a short clip of the form. You can find the video at: "http://www.hungkuen.com/video/3_T1.mov."

The Dialogue from the video goes as follows:

"One Dozen motions? for external attack, internal strength. Wu Long's eight quick/trig? stick, catches the 8 essential frozen? or throws and? motions of the thrusting spear. From armpit to extremity, collapse the four corners, the miracle of motion overwhelms."

I have put the words I wasn't sure I heard correctly in bold and followed them with a question mark.

I was hoping that my fellow hung gar practitioner's out there would be willing to help me in deciphering the meaning of this narrative and hopefully we can all get better at "5 Brother's 8 Diagram Pole."

yaoli
12-15-2007, 07:09 PM
one colleagues was discussing the bot kau kwun a bit earlier but no longer can find thread:(

Laukarbo
12-15-2007, 07:16 PM
one colleagues was discussing the bot kau kwun a bit earlier but no longer can find thread:(

because a thread with a nice toppic became another victim of thread rapists..some fools always have to post there internal flame wars on good threads..the original poster deleted this thread which was only right..

yaoli
12-15-2007, 07:28 PM
ah yes.:mad:

it's a pitty. it seems too often these flames.

thank you
Laukarbo

ngokfei
12-15-2007, 11:45 PM
www.plumpub.com
has a nice book on this set (not quite the Hung Ga version though)

Humble Disciple
12-16-2007, 10:22 AM
www.plumpub.com
has a nice book on this set (not quite the Hung Ga version though)

I have been through Plum Publication's website several times and I have yet to find the book you speak off. I found a book on the Dragon Staff from Wing Chun and a couple of eyebrow height staff forms form Choy Li Fut, but little else. If you have a more precise link, I would appreciate it. If not, thanks for the attempt.

On another note does anybody out there have any information either from their teacher's or their own experience regarding the 5th Brother's 8 Diagram Pole? I was hoping we Hung Gar students could come together and discuss this form.

yaoli
12-16-2007, 10:52 AM
I have been through Plum Publication's website several times and I have yet to find the book you speak off. I found a book on the Dragon Staff from Wing Chun and a couple of eyebrow height staff forms form Choy Li Fut, but little else. If you have a more precise link, I would appreciate it. If not, thanks for the attempt.

On another note does anybody out there have any information either from their teacher's or their own experience regarding the 5th Brother's 8 Diagram Pole? I was hoping we Hung Gar students could come together and discuss this form.

i have just been informed that beginning discussion here. it seems alot of southern systems here:

http://www.hungkyun.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=7

i have also been informed of another forum, but unfortunately it is entirely chinese writing unless you can comprehend the chinese literature.

cheers!:)

Humble Disciple
12-17-2007, 01:54 PM
Thank you for pointing me to that thread. I appreciate it. Does anybody want to continue this discussion here?