PDA

View Full Version : Sip Pal Gi

langdon0555
12-15-2007, 05:31 PM
I have always been interested in learning kung fu ever since i was younger. I live in Indiana where there is basically no schools at all but i did find this school which actually is very close to my apartment complex...it says they teach authentic kung fu but i think its korean kung fu passed to them from chinese immigrants. Is this for real?...anybody familiar with this style or train in it now? I ask because i would love to learn and this seems to really be the only option since Indiana obvisouly sucks as far as selection...here is the website with background info, etc.
http://www.ltkfa.com/index.cfm?
Please any and all feedback is greately appreciated.
casey

doug maverick
12-15-2007, 07:03 PM
i never heard of them looks like northern shaolin. doesn;t matter if it came from korea via china it looks like its untainted northern shaolin.try them out

RD'S Alias - 1A
12-15-2007, 08:56 PM
Sip Pal Gey (or it's various other spellings) is Shandong area Long Fist taught in Korea. There is also Northern Preying Mantis and Bagua found in the Korean Kung Fu lines.

So long as the school is not a John C Kim lineage, it should be good Kung Fu. John C Kim seems to be the only hack that came out of that general family of Kung Fu....probably because he was only partially trained beginner who faked the rest of his credentials. All the rest of those guys have really good reputations.

MasterKiller
12-16-2007, 07:11 AM
I have always been interested in learning kung fu ever since i was younger. I live in Indiana where there is basically no schools at all but i did find this school which actually is very close to my apartment complex...it says they teach authentic kung fu but i think its korean kung fu passed to them from chinese immigrants. Is this for real?...anybody familiar with this style or train in it now? I ask because i would love to learn and this seems to really be the only option since Indiana obvisouly sucks as far as selection...here is the website with background info, etc.
http://www.ltkfa.com/index.cfm?
Please any and all feedback is greately appreciated.
casey

James Theros is legit. I know him and he's very skilled.

The style is N. Mantis blended with Shandong Long Fist and comes through some very high-skilled Chinese masters that immigrated to Korea in the 1940s.

langdon0555
12-17-2007, 02:06 PM
Anybody else practice or know of this?