PDA

View Full Version : Master Zongxian Wu

Xin Yi Liu He
12-18-2007, 02:00 AM
http://www.masterwu.net/bagua.htm

Anyone trained with this master before? I see he practices Dai Xin Yi Chuan, his teachers name is Zhao Shourong, who was taught from Gao Shengzhen (高昇禎) who was a disciple of Dai Kui (meaning Wu is 7th generation).

He looks like his forte is Qi Gong and there is a lot of people in the US vouching from him, so he maybe could be the real deal. I want to know if anyone here has any contact him or members of his organization?

JB.

scholar
12-19-2007, 10:41 AM
I wonder if you are talking about 4th generation Wu style taijiquan master Wu Dakui? In Cantonese his name is pronounced Ng Tai-kwei. A student of a studen of a student of his would be 7th generation Wu.

You may be speaking of another Dai Kui, because there isn't anything on Wu Zongxian's website linking him to Wu Dagui.

I've studied with Wu Dagui's son (Eddie Wu), cousin (Wu Daxin) and sister (Wu Yanxia), and have seen martial demos by Wu Dagui's #1 disciple Tony Chan and his school. They mostly involved hitting the floor over and over, really hard...

The mystical/magical photos on Wu Zongxian's website don't match much that would have come from Wu Dagui's lineage.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wu_Dagui

Xin Yi Liu He
12-19-2007, 03:39 PM
I wonder if you are talking about 4th generation Wu style taijiquan master Wu Dakui? In Cantonese his name is pronounced Ng Tai-kwei. A student of a studen of a student of his would be 7th generation Wu.

You may be speaking of another Dai Kui, because there isn't anything on Wu Zongxian's website linking him to Wu Dagui.

I've studied with Wu Dagui's son (Eddie Wu), cousin (Wu Daxin) and sister (Wu Yanxia), and have seen martial demos by Wu Dagui's #1 disciple Tony Chan and his school. They mostly involved hitting the floor over and over, really hard...

The mystical/magical photos on Wu Zongxian's website don't match much that would have come from Wu Dagui's lineage.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wu_Dagui

Look at the name of my post, Wu Zongxian, type that into google and tell me what you see. Below I have listed his lineage as posted on his web site.

18th generation lineage holder of the Mt. Wudang Dragon Gate style of Qigong (Wudang Longmen Pai)

8th generation lineage holder of the Mt. Emei Sage/Shaman style Qigong (Emei Zhengong)

7th generation lineage holder of the Dai Family Heart Method style of Xin Yi (Dai Shi Xinyi Quan)

12th generation lineage holder of the Wudang He style of Taijiquan.

There is only one Dai Kui, who is 4th generation of Dai Xin Yi Chuan, 3rd being his father Wu Chang, 2nd being Dai Wen Xun (Dai Er Lu) and 1st generation being Dai Long Bang.

I actually managed to find out some real information regarding his teachers, they are bonafide, though something on his web site seemed to me a little off. Below is one of his students interviewing Wu.

“Xin” means heart and “yi” means mind. In China, we call it Dai Shi Xin Yi Quan. I began studying Xinyi in1997 and became a lineage holder in 2000. It was my Xinyi teacher, Master Zhaoj Shou Rong, who encouraged me to teach Xinyi style in the United States.

Xinyi is a martial arts style. I think the true meaning of martial arts is not widely understood, nor is how to attack and defend. The term “martial arts” in Chinese is Wu Shu. The Chinese character “Wu” translates into English as “martial” and its original meaning is “to stop fighting.” “Shu” means “art” of “method.” The most skilled martial artists not only find it unnecessary to kill, but will also stop others from fighting. All of the traditional martial arts methods were developed by observing and imitating the universe and the natural world. The ancient sages discovered that the function of Heaven is to protect and preserve all life and to give birth to the ten thousand things, so the spiritual goal of the martial artist is to follow the Heavenly way, the way of peace. The methods practiced in martial arts are designed to help us understand the Dao.

In Xinyi style, the same form can be expressed in different ways, sometimes soft and sometimes hard. The important first step is to learn standing practice where you unify yourself with the universe and return to the Dao, to the emptiness, or to what we call in Qigong and internal alchemy the “prenatal state.” You focus on storing energy in your lower dantien in this style; the theory is the same as the teachings of the internal alchemy schools.

You are the lineage holder for four different schools of Qigong and martial arts. Could you explain how the Chinese lineage system works?

Yes, I carry four different lineages. China’s traditional arts and disciplines continue to be passed on within the time-honored discipleship system, wherein the acknowledged master of a given discipline instructs a close-knit circle of chosen students. Near the end of the master’s life, the master selects the next “lineage holder” who will be responsible for the preservation of the entire system of knowledge.

Now I can understand being a non initiated student (casual) for 3 years and then doing bai shi (ceremony to become tudi) after some time. But the way it was written was that he inherited this line after only 3 years of training. In Dai Xin Yi for the first 5 years you are usually only doing, dun hou shi and yi zi bu (jibenkung).

JB.