PDA

View Full Version : What do you think about this site?

hindoshima
12-18-2007, 05:30 PM
http://www.dangerofchi.org/

I used to practice internal arts for 40 min a day, but after reading this I got kind of creeped out and stopped. So what do you think of it? Should I just ignore it?:confused:

Thanks.

hindoshima
12-18-2007, 09:10 PM
All right I'm over it. I spoke with my friend, who is an avid internal arts practitioner, and he told me that was a load of crock. Of course that could just be the demon speaking........

cjurakpt
12-18-2007, 09:17 PM
oh please - that is the biggest piece of crap i have ever read

look - good qigong works with the inherent properties of human physiology to bring about changes which are beneficial to health; forget the hoo doo voo doo bit, there is nothing that qigong does that can't be explained via contemporary anatomy / physiology / biomechanics; like anything that has the capacity to impact the human organism, you can have different responses depending on how you do things - so if you do certain things "incorectly", you may get some kind of autonomic response as a "kickback" to how you stimulated the system; and that's about it, pur and simple

but that guy is a looney tunes!

The Xia
12-18-2007, 11:12 PM
If that website convinces you to quit Tai Chi, then maybe this one will convince you to go back.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkHZ_E9N42M :eek:
Note: I'm joking. The point is that if you believe one piece of crap (the link in the opening post), you might be inclined to believe another (the above video). lol :D

MASTERforge
12-19-2007, 12:39 AM
:D

Oh come on! Am I the only person out there that didn't actually need to read the website to realise it was made by right wing extremist Christians?

I didn't even bother to read the article. I just read these posts and a few lines of the conclusion. I had suspicions straight away and the website immediately confirmed it. In fact I would say Hindoshima is either a representative of their group trying to promote their rubbish here in the forums or he/she is incredibly impressionable or too young to recognise cheap propaganda.

It just baffles me why these people cannot except a diversity of faith so they have to spread lies. If they are so convinced that theirs is the only true faith, why are they so terrified of other faiths and religion that they have to slander it?

These are the sort of people who start wars in the name of Jesus, Allah or whoever they believe is master of the universe at the time.

:DPersonally I think only He-Man is master or the universe with skeletor a close second :D

Keep your bible bashing away from me thanks

Eric Olson
12-19-2007, 08:25 AM
If that website convinces you to quit Tai Chi, then maybe this one will convince you to go back.
Note: I'm joking. The point is that if you believe one piece of crap (the link in the opening post), you might be inclined to believe another (the above video). lol :D

Uh...that video is pretty much totally wrong. Its confusing physical "whole body" with functional "whole body."

EO

Scott R. Brown
12-19-2007, 09:54 AM

Sniff, sniff...I miss happeh....;)

The Xia
12-19-2007, 02:30 PM
Uh...that video is pretty much totally wrong. Its confusing physical "whole body" with functional "whole body."

EO
I was joking.

Not enough insanity in your life? :D

Eric Olson
12-19-2007, 07:45 PM
I was joking.

I know. I was just throwing in my 2 cents.

Cheers

EO

SaintSage
12-20-2007, 02:23 AM
:D

Oh come on! Am I the only person out there that didn't actually need to read the website to realise it was made by right wing extremist Christians?

I didn't even bother to read the article. I just read these posts and a few lines of the conclusion. I had suspicions straight away and the website immediately confirmed it. In fact I would say Hindoshima is either a representative of their group trying to promote their rubbish here in the forums or he/she is incredibly impressionable or too young to recognise cheap propaganda.

It just baffles me why these people cannot except a diversity of faith so they have to spread lies. If they are so convinced that theirs is the only true faith, why are they so terrified of other faiths and religion that they have to slander it?

These are the sort of people who start wars in the name of Jesus, Allah or whoever they believe is master of the universe at the time.

:DPersonally I think only He-Man is master or the universe with skeletor a close second :D

Keep your bible bashing away from me thanks

This person spoke of Djinns, an Islamic idea. He also said this, "At the latter point the only means of redress then becomes undergoing a religious Islamic Exorcism."

Sure, that makes the author a right wing extremist Christian. :rolleyes: Not judging something on face value is usually a good thing to do...

Scott R. Brown
12-20-2007, 10:38 AM

What!!!

Do I look like RD or his Alias??:cool:

cjurakpt
12-20-2007, 08:31 PM

that's because masturbating has made your memory asymmetrical...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsXMszBtzuk&NR=1

MASTERforge
12-21-2007, 08:55 AM
My guess was Christian but any fundamentalist faith could have been referred to.

Either way, its still a load of trash put out there by religious fundamentalists.

This sort of dirty propaganda normally only works for the feeble minded. But I guess thats what sort of people they want :D

'lets all drink this blue fizzing drink and go to 'heavens gate'. No questions please.......Just drink.....'

Gulp

Gulp

Royal Dragon
12-21-2007, 09:22 AM
What do I think of the site? Well, I think he used a poor choice for his background and that really makes the site hard to read. It gives me a headache trying, so I didn't.

All his links are no good too.

Over all I gave it a -3 on a 1-10 scale.

AJM
12-22-2007, 10:53 AM
Ooooh! Ten years of chi gong. He must be a master. Cutsey little drawings too.

Mas Judt
12-24-2007, 05:27 PM
Apparently the site requires an exorcism - if idiocy can be removed from a fool.

taijiman7777
01-21-2008, 04:39 PM
That web site might as well have been about "the dangers of blood" or "the dangers of science" or "The dangers of medicine." or "the insideous evil of ballroom dancing."

How about "the demonic influence of intelligent thought"

Web sites like the "http://www.dangerofchi.org/" are one reason why so many people think Christians are at war with anything that doesn't support their own fear and hate. How ironic.

:)"Jesus was a Qigong Master!":p