PDA

View Full Version : The Dark Knight

PangQuan
07-23-2007, 06:09 PM
http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=15813

Sounds good. I like the fact they are bringing The Joker back to the screen. Never shoulda died in the first place :mad:

But YAY for more of The Batman.....although I would be partial to Frank Millers The Dark Knight Returns.

sanjuro_ronin
07-24-2007, 04:41 AM
http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=15813

Sounds good. I like the fact they are bringing The Joker back to the screen. Never shoulda died in the first place :mad:

But YAY for more of The Batman.....although I would be partial to Frank Millers The Dark Knight Returns.

One step at a time bro, one step at a time.

PangQuan
07-24-2007, 04:12 PM
http://bifsniff.com/images/franks-blog/heath-joker.jpg

what do you guys think?

@PLUGO
07-24-2007, 05:14 PM
That's not even close to what the finished "JOKER" will look like.

Zenshiite
12-19-2007, 12:29 PM
The Dark Knight (http://atasteforthetheatrical.com/deathtrap/default.htm)

In case you guys haven't seen it yet.... here's the first official trailer from the Dark Knight.

The Joker is going to own this movie.

sanjuro_ronin
12-19-2007, 12:38 PM
The Dark Knight (http://http://atasteforthetheatrical.com/deathtrap/default.htm)

In case you guys haven't seen it yet.... here's the first official trailer from the Dark Knight.

The Joker is going to own this movie.

Nice link :rolleyes:
Must be some plot by the joker to not let anyone see the trailer...

Zenshiite
12-19-2007, 02:47 PM
try again.

doug maverick
12-19-2007, 11:53 PM
i just came in my pants. that was ****ing beautiful can't wait to see the full thing. well jethro you said you couldn't see heath ledger as batman you were wrong.

Zenshiite
12-20-2007, 09:28 AM
^You mean as Joker, and yes... he was wrong. So was I, quite frankly. It blows me away that dude goes from gay cowboy to insane ****cidal clown flawlessly.

sanjuro_ronin
12-20-2007, 10:40 AM
^You mean as Joker, and yes... he was wrong. So was I, quite frankly. It blows me away that dude goes from gay cowboy to insane ****cidal clown flawlessly.

Its not that much of a jump :D

doug maverick
12-20-2007, 11:29 AM
what you guys to forget. is that heath ledger is a phenomenal actor and that's what phenomenal actors do they act.

sanjuro_ronin
12-20-2007, 01:03 PM
what you guys to forget. is that heath ledger is a phenomenal actor and that's what phenomenal actors do they act.

Quite riding his nuts.
Guess we are back to the broke back mountain thing again...:D

jethro
12-21-2007, 12:07 AM
Geesh Doug, you are talking about me on 2 different threads? What's up with that? Like I said, I will believe it when I see the movie. You seem to be convinced he will be great as The Joker, but I like to wait to make a judgement after I have actually seen a movie in its entirety.

Shaolinlueb
12-21-2007, 09:37 AM
heeth looks great as joker. i wish his regular voice was more higher. but thats just me.

Nebuchadnezzar
12-21-2007, 04:43 PM
i just came in my pants. that was ****ing beautiful can't wait to see the full thing. ....

You need help! Arkham awaits. :eek:

banditshaw
12-24-2007, 12:40 AM
heeth looks great as joker. i wish his regular voice was more higher. but thats just me.

Heath as Joker should talk like he did in''Lords Of Dogtown''

Shaolinlueb
12-24-2007, 01:08 PM
Heath as Joker should talk like he did in''Lords Of Dogtown''

that would be kinda cool!

CLFNole
12-24-2007, 01:18 PM
He was pretty funny in Lords of Dogtown, I liked that role a lot.

Wood Dragon
12-25-2007, 01:41 AM
Supposedly, they are using Keysi Fighting Method (an offshoot from JKD) as Batman's H2H style. They did so in B:Begins as well, but most fights were obscured for dramatic effect.

jigahus
12-27-2007, 10:54 PM
Why so serious?

doug maverick
12-27-2007, 10:55 PM
Supposedly, they are using Keysi Fighting Method (an offshoot from JKD) as Batman's H2H style. They did so in B:Begins as well, but most fights were obscured for dramatic effect.

it was obscured because the director was being a ****ing idiot A. or the fights looked like **** B.

Wood Dragon
12-28-2007, 05:35 PM
Hopefully, the third movie will have Lady Shiva*, and we can get some legendary fight scenes.

*-the deadliest martial artist in the DC Universe.

Lucas
01-02-2008, 11:40 AM
Any of you seen that short batman film Dead End?

Go to youtube and do a search for:

Batman Dead End

IMO< the guys that made it did a pretty good job.

Best scene, when bats drops into the pool of water and stands up, so frank miller its scary.

GeneChing
01-22-2008, 03:21 PM
How tragic.

Actor Heath Ledger found dead (http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/Movies/01/22/heath.ledger.dead/index.html)
NEW YORK (CNN) -- Actor Heath Ledger is dead, the New York Police Department said Tuesday.
art.ledger.gi.jpg

Heath Ledger was found dead in his Manhattan apartment.

The Academy Award nominated actor was 28.

Ledger's housekeeper found him dead in his Manhattan apartment, New York police said.

He died at 3:26 p.m., they said.

The New York Fire Department received a call at 2:27 Tuesday responding to a "cardiac arrest call" in New York.

They found an unresponsive male dead at the scene.

In 2005, the actor played Ennis Del Mar in "Brokeback Mountain," about two cowboys who had a secret relationship.

The role earned him the Oscar nomination.

Ledger was born in Perth, Australia. E-mail to a friend E-mail to a friend

doug maverick
01-22-2008, 03:45 PM
How tragic.

beat u to it gene. but yea very tragic, considering that he wasn't a party boiy or a crazy star. he was a chilled laid back dude that would be skateboarding around brooklyn.

Zenshiite
01-22-2008, 04:17 PM
What's the word yet? Drugs? That's the rumor I read. Sucks man. I feel bad for his little girl.

doug maverick
01-22-2008, 04:22 PM
What's the word yet? Drugs? That's the rumor I read. Sucks man. I feel bad for his little girl.

it was more then likely an accidental overdose of perscription sleeping pills. ambian sleping pills are extremely powerful one of these little pills will knock you the hell out i'm a diagnosed insomniac so i occasionally take half of one of these pill and i'm down for the count. and i'm 6'3'' 245. he was found by his muessuese and house keeper. he probably took the pills before his message and died he was in the middle of shooting a film actually. this guy was at the top of his gamne and wasn't a junkie or anything.

banditshaw
01-22-2008, 05:04 PM
Most people that overdose on pills aren't known as junkies. Pills you can buy over the counter. And if your a star, meds come fast and cheap.
I agree that he wasn't the hard partier in the public eye but after his split with his ex, he was depressed and went on numerous benders. Radar magazine did an interesting piece on his relationship a few issues back,
Either way its unfortunate. He was one of the few very promising young actors who IMO would have gone on to do greater things in his career.

doug maverick
01-22-2008, 05:33 PM
well there's no note. and i thought he would kill himself without leaving a note for his little girl at least. and he was waiting on a massage and i no people who take ambien befor going to get a massage so they can sleep through it. but those pills are so super powerful.

冠木侍
01-22-2008, 07:02 PM
beat u to it gene. but yea very tragic, considering that he wasn't a party boiy or a crazy star. he was a chilled laid back dude that would be skateboarding around brooklyn.

Unexpected indeed.

BTW...It looks like Gene beat you to it by three minutes. :)

It's all good anyhow.

Nebuchadnezzar
01-23-2008, 04:04 PM
Sad. Child will grow up without her father. Let us not forget though, that we don't know when any of us will leave here. I doubt that he was planning on dying when he took the sleeping pills.

I don't take sleeping aids as I don't want to become dependent on them to get my zzz's. When I can't sleep, I turn on the television and lay down on the sofa with the lights off.

Eventually, the combination gets me relaxed so that even if I don't get more than three hours sleep at least I've rested.

GeneChing
07-16-2008, 04:41 PM
THE DARK KNIGHT: Christian Bales Out Batman (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/ezine/article.php?article=777) by Dr. Craig Reid, free access on our e-zine. Tell your friends. ;)

sanjuro_ronin
07-17-2008, 04:37 AM
May I just say that, The Dark Knight sets a new standard for superheros movies.
Scratch that, for ALL action/thriller movies.

MasterKiller
07-17-2008, 09:52 AM
May I just say that, The Dark Knight sets a new standard for superheros movies.
Scratch that, for ALL action/thriller movies.

I'm going at midnight tonight. Woo-Hoo!

sanjuro_ronin
07-17-2008, 10:01 AM
I'm going at midnight tonight. Woo-Hoo!

You'll enjoy it, the fighting is much better than the first, though still the same style of editing, but it didn't feel as "messy" as the first one was.

Lucas
07-17-2008, 10:51 AM
You'll enjoy it, the fighting is much better than the first, though still the same style of editing, but it didn't feel as "messy" as the first one was.

Hopefully in this one I can actually see his arm move when he punches, rather than some cut sceney skippy stuff that makes it seem they forgot to hire a correographer...

sanjuro_ronin
07-17-2008, 10:58 AM
Hopefully in this one I can actually see his arm move when he punches, rather than some cut sceney skippy stuff that makes it seem they forgot to hire a correographer...

Dude, he's Batman, you can't see cause he is faster than the human eye !!

Lucas
07-17-2008, 01:27 PM
Dude, he's Batman, you can't see cause he is faster than the human eye !!

lol,

they should bring back the old POW and BANG effects then.

that way i know what kind of attack hes using. hes just too fast.

GeneChing
07-17-2008, 04:16 PM
A friend just forwarded me this (http://www.batmania.com.ar/paginas/serie_onomatopeyas.htm). For your avatar-ing pleasure.

MasterKiller
07-18-2008, 06:05 AM
Best sequel ever. This is the Empire Strikes Back of superhero movies, and Ledger nails the Joker.

@PLUGO
07-18-2008, 09:27 AM
agreed,

PLUS TWO-FACE!!!

MightyB
07-18-2008, 10:29 AM
KFM
Keysi Fighting Method
http://atlantamartialartcenter.net/pageKeysinavAdult.html

They have video at the bottom of their site.

Thoughts?

sanjuro_ronin
07-18-2008, 10:38 AM
KFM
Keysi Fighting Method
http://atlantamartialartcenter.net/pageKeysinavAdult.html

They have video at the bottom of their site.

Thoughts?

A bit of over endulgence in the kali "defang the snake" principle.

jethro
07-18-2008, 11:31 PM
SPOILER ALERT

I just got back from the theater and I was really disappointed. Good movie, but I had so many problems with it. Stupid ending (Batman wanting to be chased:rolleyes:), they don't even spend a second trying to make us believe Gordon dies, so there's no effect when he comes back, and they can't get the voice right. First of all Bale's dark voice sounds incredibly stupid, but worse than that the director doesn't know what he's doing with the voice. The dark voice is his normal voice. He became mad at the world and became the dark knight. When he's around people who don't know he's Batman he uses the nice voice, which is fake. When he's around people who knows he's BAtman, he uses the dark voice, which is his normal voice. Now if the voice thign was my only problem with the movie, then I probably would have love it, but unfortunately the movie is riddled with holes. I liked the first movie A LOT more. Now I'm not even looking forward to the third. Am I the only one that noticed that Two-Face looks like the Terminator when it's skinless? Ugh. I will never go into a movie with high expectations ever again.

doug maverick
07-19-2008, 12:11 AM
SPOILER ALERT

I just got back from the theater and I was really disappointed. Good movie, but I had so many problems with it. Stupid ending (Batman wanting to be chased:rolleyes:), they don't even spend a second trying to make us believe Gordon dies, so there's no effect when he comes back, and they can't get the voice right. First of all Bale's dark voice sounds incredibly stupid, but worse than that the director doesn't know what he's doing with the voice. The dark voice is his normal voice. He became mad at the world and became the dark knight. When he's around people who don't know he's Batman he uses the nice voice, which is fake. When he's around people who knows he's BAtman, he uses the dark voice, which is his normal voice. Now if the voice thign was my only problem with the movie, then I probably would have love it, but unfortunately the movie is riddled with holes. I liked the first movie A LOT more. Now I'm not even looking forward to the third. Am I the only one that noticed that Two-Face looks like the Terminator when it's skinless? Ugh. I will never go into a movie with high expectations ever again.

the voice is my only problem with this new batman. that an the ****ty editing on the fights.

jethro
07-19-2008, 12:25 AM
The editing actually isn't that bad in the new one (at least compared to Batman Begins), but unfortunately the fights are one of the many many problems I have with this movie. I liked the first fight, but all the fights seem to have the same choreography.

TenTigers
07-19-2008, 11:42 PM
still no sign of Scarecrow and all the inmates from the asylum. Joker may have been one of them, but in the first episode the entire asylum was released and set upon Gotham. Would have liked to see more of that. Heath Ledger's Joker was great. It's funny, just when yu thought he was giving you a glimpse into how he got that way, he kept changing his story-which made it all the better. A total maniac. I wonder who's going to replace Ledger. They should get Johnny Depp.

SPJ
07-21-2008, 08:18 AM
just saw the movie yesterday.

It is too much for a kid or average people.

social justice, fair, right or wrong--

Joker had to justify his actions.

1. burned the crime money (half of it).

2. toying with good and bad people on two boats.

3. blowing up an evacuated hospital

---

most people just want to see a hero rescue the innocent and beat up the bad guy.

--

stresses from our daily life are enough, so we go to a theater to relax or fancy ourself the superhero and do the impossible to believe in good, and to feel good

not to sympathize the bad or evil.

yes rob the bank of mobs are not bad, but kill robbers as you go long

what a long and winding tale to justify --

--

so the DA put away half of the criminals, he also fell for his evil side due to loss of the loved one. as a revenge, he took away other's love one, too?

--

oops spoilers

--
:D

MasterKiller
07-21-2008, 10:13 AM
still no sign of Scarecrow and all the inmates from the asylum. Joker may have been one of them, but in the first episode the entire asylum
uh, Scarecrow was caught at the beginning of Dark Knight.

A total maniac. I wonder who's going to replace Ledger. They should get Johnny Depp. No actor in his right mind is going to try play Joker after Ledger.

banditshaw
07-22-2008, 01:50 AM
Just saw it Sunday.
I have to agree with MK. No one can follow that performance after Ledger nailing like that.
Good stuff though overall except I thought the editing was rushed in some places and it was a bit long.
Definitely a thinking mans superhero movie by far.

And the voice is kind of silly at times... it's like why pick that voice. A Barry White baritone would of been much better.:cool:

Lucas
07-22-2008, 09:58 AM
IMO the joker cannot be brought back to the screen for years.

The joker in this film is definately stand alone. Its a crazy legacy to leave behind.

RIP

SAAMAG
07-22-2008, 10:14 AM
A bit of over endulgence in the kali "defang the snake" principle.

Reminded me of sort of a close range JKD. I liked it.

sanjuro_ronin
07-22-2008, 10:30 AM
Reminded me of sort of a close range JKD. I liked it.

Yes, if the arm just hangs there for no reason :D

MasterKiller
07-22-2008, 10:44 AM
IMO the joker cannot be brought back to the screen for years.

The joker in this film is definately stand alone. Its a crazy legacy to leave behind.

RIP

It's my understanding that Joker was to be a pivotal character in Batman 3, so unless they change course, they may be forced to bring in someone as Joker to tell the story they want.

Either that, or have Harely Quinn (JOker's girlfriend) act as a surrogate.

Nolan only wants to make 3 films, so he's got to wrap it up in the next one, hopefully much better than X-Men or Spiderman tried to.

Lucas
07-22-2008, 10:58 AM
It's my understanding that Joker was to be a pivotal character in Batman 3, so unless they change course, they may be forced to bring in someone as Joker to tell the story they want.

Nolan only wants to make 3 films, so he's got to wrap it up in the next one, hopefully much better than X-Men or Spiderman tried to.

ouch. that puts a damper on things.

but if they need a fill in for batman. here is the perfect candidate.

http://www.whiteninjacomics.com/comics/batman.shtml

SAAMAG
07-22-2008, 11:41 AM
Yes, if the arm just hangs there for no reason :D

Yes...well...it looks cool anyway.....

@PLUGO
07-22-2008, 12:09 PM

From what I've heard the Joker was to play a sort of "Hannibal Lector" Role, being locked up at Arkham Asylum and available for "interview" amidst the Batman's latest investigation. I suppose they could work around that sort of set-up perhaps even playing up Joker's effect on other inmates with-out actually showing it.

In a way this presentation of Joker seems so complete it's difficult to wonder what more could be said with that character. I would personally prefer a return of Two-Face (who's couldn't have just died in that fall) who would threaten the secret that was established at the end of this film.

I could see an appearance of Dr. Harleen Quinzel (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harley_Quinn), out of costume, being effective, but that would sort of re-tread the territory covered by Dr. Jonathan Crane (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scarecrow_%28comics%29). Unless they plan a full decent into Arkham Asylum I'd hope for a move forward into the rest of Batman's rogues gallery.

After seeing how well The Joker & Two-Face was handled I'd welcome an examination of Clayface (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clayface), Scarface (& Ventriloquist (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ventriloquist_%28comics%29)) or even the Mad Monk (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monk_%28comics%29)

jethro
07-22-2008, 08:04 PM
Having Scarface would really be something special. That would have to be a very dark movie for it to be taken seriously. That would be so awesome. I heard somewhere that Philip Seymour Hoffman may play The Penguin. I think that also has potential.

@PLUGO
07-23-2008, 10:56 AM
A Very Dark part 3 (or Dark Knight Two) would be a treat.

A penguin that's as far away from the Burton version as Nolan's Joker could be worth watching. Focus on him being Bruce Wayne's opposite number in the way that Joker opposed BATMAN. An overly influential psychopath in the manor of American Psycho who is as ugly as he is mean.

I suspect the "reality" that the Dark Knight movies take place in would work against a Penguin that can afford to have a flame thrower installed in his umbrella. I think I would prefer Hoffman as a Ventriloquist with a gun toting mobster dummy looking to reclaim the order that Joker took apart.

Getting back to the movie, while some of the fights where worth watching I couldn't help but wonder why BATMAN would punch his way through a nightclub filled with mobsters instead of using the classic bat-smoke-bombs & Bat-pepper-spray. Especially against dogs.

doug maverick
07-23-2008, 11:51 AM
Having Scarface would really be something special. That would have to be a very dark movie for it to be taken seriously. That would be so awesome. I heard somewhere that Philip Seymour Hoffman may play The Penguin. I think that also has potential.

thats extremely suspect abd the hoffman thing. but i would like to see him play the panquin cause like design sifu said he is bruce waynes opposite. they can still make it realistic **** i remember i had a teacher who use tyo look and walk like a penguin.lol hoffman plays a great villian as seen in m.i.III(the only redeeming quality of that trash) and before the devil knows your there. also i'm hearing from some reliable sources that chris nolan may not return for a third part and if he doesn't bale won't be involved either. again everything is highly suspect. the reason why i say that he may not return is because half way through filming the producers wanted nolan to sign on for part three and he didn't. that could just be a negotiating tactic but who knows. only thing that puzzles me is i thoght he was signed on to do three apperantly not. and chris bale has already stated in recent interviews that if nolan doesn;t return neither will he.

MasterKiller
07-23-2008, 12:01 PM
thats extremely suspect abd the hoffman thing. but i would like to see him play the panquin cause like design sifu said he is bruce waynes opposite. they can still make it realistic **** i remember i had a teacher who use tyo look and walk like a penguin.lol hoffman plays a great villian as seen in m.i.III(the only redeeming quality of that trash) and before the devil knows your there. also i'm hearing from some reliable sources that chris nolan may not return for a third part and if he doesn't bale won't be involved either. again everything is highly suspect. the reason why i say that he may not return is because half way through filming the producers wanted nolan to sign on for part three and he didn't. that could just be a negotiating tactic but who knows. only thing that puzzles me is i thoght he was signed on to do three apperantly not. and chris bale has already stated in recent interviews that if nolan doesn;t return neither will he.

Both Nolan and Bale signed a 3-movie deal from the get-go.

@PLUGO
07-23-2008, 12:20 PM
Interestingly DC (following Marvel's actions) seems to be looking to bring their properties into more of an in-house production studio. Something that should have been a no-brainer what with Warner Bros on speed-dial.

WB mulls redraw of DC Comics plan
Big shake-up could be in the works

By Borys Kit

July 11, 2008, 12:00 AM ET
A big shake-up could be in the works at Warner Bros. for its DC Comics film properties.

In the course of the past couple of weeks, Warner Bros. Pictures Group president Jeff Robinov and Warner Bros. Pictures president Kevin McCormick have been meeting with DC Comics executives as well some of DC's top talents, like Jim Lee, to discuss a new direction for film adaptations.

Up until now, the comic properties had been undergoing a hodge-podge development process. With the recent success of Marvel Studios' "Iron Man" and "The Incredible Hulk" and that company's plan to develop its many characters linked strategically together, Warners has been forced to take a close second look at its sister company.

With "The Dark Knight" near its release date, a new agenda is being set, one that not only sees the DC characters emerge with a higher priority but also one that would see them developed with an overarching goal in mind.

Although plans are in motion, any firm deals or announcements are weeks away.

Warners declined comment on the discussions, only stating: "While we are not going to go into the specifics of the meetings, we're constantly looking at how best to exploit the DC Comics characters and properties. DC is an incredibly valuable asset to Warner Bros. and plays an important role across the entire studio by providing development and franchise opportunities for all media, including films, television, home entertainment, animation, consumer products, video games and digital platforms."

doug maverick
07-23-2008, 12:23 PM
Both Nolan and Bale signed a 3-movie deal from the get-go.

thats what i thought. but **** changes everyday in hollywood. so who knows now

jethro
07-23-2008, 10:31 PM
I think I would prefer Hoffman as a Ventriloquist with a gun toting mobster dummy looking to reclaim the order that Joker took apart.

Getting back to the movie, while some of the fights where worth watching I couldn't help but wonder why BATMAN would punch his way through a nightclub filled with mobsters instead of using the classic bat-smoke-bombs & Bat-pepper-spray. Especially against dogs.

Hoffman is a great idea. That may be just as good of an idea as Philip Seymour Hoffman as The Penguin.

Now I'm gonna get really geeky here Desing Sifu, but I'm sure you won't mind:p Maybe Batman couldn't smoke bomb his way out of the night club because he's young, and would later on fully develop his skills and use of gadgets. But if it's a 3 picture deal, then that would only leave one movie to fully develop Batman. So that can't be right. Ah well, just a thought.

Jimbo
07-23-2008, 10:52 PM
Saw this earlier this evening. Really good movie! IMO, Christian Bale is the best Batman, but Heath Ledger's Joker definitely owns this movie. He takes this character and positively oozes menace along with the Joker's twisted sense of humor. The Two-Face character was also nicely done, though his performance seemed swallowed up and overshadowed by Ledger's Joker rendition.

Zenshiite
07-24-2008, 12:21 AM
I loved this movie. Best Batman yet. Joker was as Joker should have always been... completely insane and murderous.

Two-Face is entirely appropriate.

My only confusion is this, and this is largely because up til now I've heard The Dark Knight Returns is going to be the name of part III and that it was going to feature Harvey Two-Face Dent as the main villian. I have a hard time believing that Harvey died from a fall that didn't kill the Bat, and armor or not they'd get pretty much the same internal organ shock from that kind of fall, but you've got that funeral scene mixed into that montage as Gordon and Batman are discussing how Harvey Dent can't be seen as a monster but as the "white knight" DA hero.

So here I'm thinking "is Harvey dead or did they fake his death and stash him away somewhere... Arkham perhaps... only to have him resurface in the next film to be Batman's big nemesis?" After all, he's got plenty of motivation against Batman... you know, the Dark Knight choosing to save Harv instead of Rachel and thus her death.

Anyways, Ledger definitely owned the move as the Joker. I mean... it was darkly hilarious to see the guy in a nurses outfit and blowing up an entire hospital full of patients! I mean, geez.

jethro
07-24-2008, 12:58 AM
Two Face had his time in Dark Knight. If he's in the third movie it will be a cameo like The Scarecrow. I just don't see Two Face getting that much of a part in the third movie since he had his time in Dark Knight. If he is in the third movie I hope they change his plastic looking face. Apparently I am the only one who didn't like his face. I liked it when they first revelead it, but then I looked closer.

Zenshiite
07-24-2008, 04:05 PM
No way, Two-Face's face was one of the best things in the whole movie.

Lucas
07-24-2008, 04:20 PM
His face had the look of not even nearly being healed. all crusty and bloody.

after some healing it would look remarkably different. one would assume anyhow.

i liked the eyeball being all crazy and sticking out and stuff though. looked cool

doug maverick
07-24-2008, 07:14 PM
Two Face had his time in Dark Knight. If he's in the third movie it will be a cameo like The Scarecrow. I just don't see Two Face getting that much of a part in the third movie since he had his time in Dark Knight. If he is in the third movie I hope they change his plastic looking face. Apparently I am the only one who didn't like his face. I liked it when they first revelead it, but then I looked closer.

aaron ekhart just signed on to do a thrid film. and i thought an actor of his calibre is going to do just a cameo.

Zenshiite
07-24-2008, 09:58 PM
Where did you get this information doug?

doug maverick
07-24-2008, 10:49 PM
from reliable source's.

MasterKiller
07-25-2008, 06:20 AM
I believe the intent is to adapt “The Long Halloween” and “Dark Victory,” both of which feature Two-Face and deal with how Two-Face was involved in the death of Robin's family.

sanjuro_ronin
07-25-2008, 06:26 AM
I believe the intent is to adapt “The Long Halloween” and “Dark Victory,” both of which feature Two-Face and deal with how Two-Face was involved in the death of Robin's family.

Did you just say the R word ???
Don't even think it !!

MasterKiller
07-25-2008, 06:48 AM
Did you just say the R word ???
Don't even think it !!

Actually, I think if it Robin was brought in AT THE END of Part 3, not even as RObin, but just Bruce Wayne's adoption of **** Grayson, it would make for a nice closure on the trilogy. Robin's parents get killed by Two-Face and he wants revenge...Bruce is the only person who could possibly understand him, and Robin becomes really the only thing that keeps him from going over the deep end.

sanjuro_ronin
07-25-2008, 06:54 AM
Actually, I think if it Robin was brought in AT THE END of Part 3, not even as RObin, but just Bruce Wayne's adoption of **** Grayson, it would make for a nice closure on the trilogy. Robin's parents get killed by Two-Face and he wants revenge...Bruce is the only person who could possibly understand him, and Robin becomes really the only thing that keeps him from going over the deep end.

You mean the character of "richard" Grayson is introduced but not Robin?
I could live with that.

MasterKiller
07-25-2008, 07:58 AM
You mean the character of "richard" Grayson is introduced but not Robin?
I could live with that.

I dunno how they plan on doing it. I'm just speculating that would be a good way to end the trilogy if Grayson is introduced at the end of Part 3, especially since those two titles rumored to be the source material actually deal with Two-Face and Robin.

Then, maybe, someone can pick that up with a Nightwing movie or something.

doug maverick
07-25-2008, 08:57 AM
I dunno how they plan on doing it. I'm just speculating that would be a good way to end the trilogy if Grayson is introduced at the end of Part 3, especially since those two titles rumored to be the source material actually deal with Two-Face and Robin.

Then, maybe, someone can pick that up with a Nightwing movie or something.

i agree with you on introducing robin that would be hot. don't know what sanjuro's problem is with robin. but ehy to each his own

MasterKiller
07-25-2008, 09:14 AM
i agree with you on introducing robin that would be hot. don't know what sanjuro's problem is with robin. but ehy to each his own

Well, Robin has never really been handled correctly. That's why I think they should just introduce him in Part 3, and then skip to a Nightwing movie with him all grown up and still trying to cope with his mixed feelings towards Bruce's radical fanatacism.

sanjuro_ronin
07-25-2008, 09:35 AM

A kid running around with a grown man endangering his life.
Dressed like a fairy too by the way.
:p
What's not to like?

Lucas
07-25-2008, 09:56 AM
Well, Robin has never really been handled correctly. That's why I think they should just introduce him in Part 3, and then skip to a Nightwing movie with him all grown up and still trying to cope with his mixed feelings towards Bruce's radical fanatacism.

Fully.

Nightwing is way cooler than robin ever was anyhow, he has way better threads too.

sanjuro_ronin
07-25-2008, 09:57 AM
Fully.

Nightwing is way cooler than robin ever was anyhow, he has way better threads too.

Any one that kick buttocks with sticks is way cool !

Lucas
07-25-2008, 10:01 AM
and dare i say, nightwing in some ways surpasses the bat.

i mean, he was trained by batman after all, one would hope the student to surpass the master in some aspects.

sanjuro_ronin
07-25-2008, 10:03 AM
and dare i say, nightwing in some ways surpasses the bat.

i mean, he was trained by batman after all, one would hope the student to surpass the master in some aspects.

Bite your tongue man !!
*slaps Lucas with Bat-Salami*

Lucas
07-25-2008, 10:04 AM
lol

hey, at least batman will always have one up on superman

Lucas
07-25-2008, 10:07 AM
oh, and for future reference.

anti-lucas spray works much better.

almost like the shark repelent spray except i wont explode after you spray me

jethro
07-25-2008, 11:10 AM
Nightwing was awesome. Batman only wishes he was cool enough to have a mullet.

sanjuro_ronin
07-25-2008, 11:14 AM
Nightwing was awesome. Batman only wishes he was cool enough to have a mullet.

LMAO !!
Excellent !
:D

@PLUGO
07-25-2008, 11:46 AM
Now I'm gonna get really geeky here Desing Sifu, but I'm sure you won't mind:p Maybe Batman couldn't smoke bomb his way out of the night club because he's young, and would later on fully develop his skills and use of gadgets. But if it's a 3 picture deal, then that would only leave one movie to fully develop Batman. So that can't be right. Ah well, just a thought.

Sure, the movie does a great job of illustrating a stressful time in The Batman's career (probably the 1st of many) and a chance to blow of steam by kicking much @$$ is something we can all relate too. ;)

Two-Face is entirely appropriate.

My only confusion is this, and this is largely because up til now I've heard The Dark Knight Returns is going to be the name of part III and that it was going to feature Harvey Two-Face Dent as the main villian. I have a hard time believing that Harvey died from a fall that didn't kill the Bat, and armor or not they'd get pretty much the same internal organ shock from that kind of fall, but you've got that funeral scene mixed into that montage as Gordon and Batman are discussing how Harvey Dent can't be seen as a monster but as the "white knight" DA hero.

So here I'm thinking "is Harvey dead or did they fake his death and stash him away somewhere... Arkham perhaps... only to have him resurface in the next film to be Batman's big nemesis?"

I read it the same way. They lock Harvey up in Arkham and fake his death. His escape (Even an absent Joker could be explained by the actions of a love struck Dr. Quinzel).

aaron ekhart just signed on to do a thrid film. and i thought an actor of his calibre is going to do just a cameo.

I totally agree, with Ekhart in the role of Two-Face I'm sure he could carry a film opposite (bad news (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7519689.stm))Bale. In such a case, the film could be named Dark Knight Two(get-it :p). A returning Two-Face would likely have vastly improved visual effects perhaps with infection having set in and so forth.

Batman Begins covered BATMAN: Year One (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman_year_one) with the addition of Ra's al Ghul (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ra&#37;27s_al_Ghul). Not too much of Long Halloween was evident beyond the fall of Carmine Falcone (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carmine_Falcone) and maybe the appearance of Scarecrow.

The Dark Knight seems to draw as much from The Killing Joke (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman:_The_Killing_Joke) as it does from The Long Halloween (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman:_The_Long_Halloween). Place Harvey Dent on the psychological roller coaster Commissioner Gordon literally rode in the Graphic Novel and place Rachael Dawson in a fatal version of Barbara Gordon's role and you have the Harvy Dent's transformation into Two-Face. We do see Sal Maroni and by the third act the plots of both The Dark Knight and The Long Halloween line up rather closely; minus the Holiday Killer.

Using Dark Victory (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman:_Dark_Victory) as a framework for a third film could be great to see. I'd certainly agree with MK's choice with introducing Grayson minus Robin though I think that would be a hard sell to the toy companies. An accidental Robin in a circus suit could work; I suppose.

Perhaps we'll instead see some elements return from the Bruce and Ra's relationship (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman:_Son_of_the_Demon).

BTW Nightwing = Daredevil in blue... and we all remember how that movie worked out

Lucas
07-25-2008, 12:49 PM
IMO movie adaption of nightwing would be better done to get rid of the tights, and bring in some combat boots, and a nice gritty real down to earth story, someting simple probably not involving super villians at all. leave them for the bats, and let nightwing bloody up the yakuza or something.

sanjuro_ronin
07-25-2008, 12:57 PM
BTW Nightwing = Daredevil in blue... and we all remember how that movie worked out

That was because of kevin smith and ben assfleck.
May they both rot in hell.

Lucas
07-25-2008, 01:12 PM

can we throw a leotardo decrapio in there too?

man i hate that guys face and the dirt he sports on it

@PLUGO
07-25-2008, 01:14 PM

I don't recall Kevin Smith's involvement beyond an amusing cameo. The real culprit is Mark Steven Johnson (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0425756/)

sanjuro_ronin
07-25-2008, 01:15 PM
can we throw a leotardo decrapio in there too?

man i hate that guys face and the dirt he sports on it

Hell is a big place :D

Nebuchadnezzar
07-25-2008, 02:24 PM

But then they would have to add years to Batman/Bruce Wayne for it to make sense unless "**** Grayson"/Robin is in his mid to late teens (still young enough to be in the position of needing a legal guardian. Everyone, please remember that under Chris Nolan, the characters are being portrayed the way they should have been.

Down with the Tim Burton movies and those that came after.

KC Elbows
07-25-2008, 03:00 PM
Down with the Tim Burton movies and those that came after.

It really began earlier, maybe even earlier than the TV show.

And the fact that so many of you like Robin tells me who here has seen the Sex in The City movie. The only dramatic element that can be added to a story of a lonely man obsessed with revenge on the killers of his family finding a dependent who he can shape to be a friend in vengeance is to make the ****eroticism overt, at which point we have The Dark Knight 2: BrokeBat Mountain.:D

@PLUGO
07-25-2008, 03:24 PM

And the fact that so many of you like Robin tells me who here has seen the Sex in The City movie. The only dramatic element that can be added to a story of a lonely man obsessed with revenge on the killers of his family finding a dependent who he can shape to be a friend in vengeance is to make the ****eroticism overt, at which point we have The Dark Knight 2: BrokeBat Mountain.:D

wasn't that already covered with BATMAN & ROBIN's latext nipples?

banditshaw
07-25-2008, 03:36 PM
I think they should just adapt the Frank Miller Dark Night...and have Robin as a Hot Chick instead.
Old ass Batman and maybe an old ass Superman cameo...meh...mebbe I'm reaching.....

doug maverick
07-25-2008, 03:45 PM
I think they should just adapt the Frank Miller Dark Night...and have Robin as a Hot Chick instead.
Old ass Batman and maybe an old ass Superman cameo...meh...mebbe I'm reaching.....

that would rock. they could get clint eastwood to play batman. as for robin idk megan fox maybe?

Lucas
07-25-2008, 04:00 PM
clint would be the bomb

CLINT FOR PREZ!!

Zenshiite
07-25-2008, 07:17 PM
Dude's are always hung up on the Grayson Robin... nevermind the noticably darker Jason Todd Robin. But they always get hung up on that particular costume. It's a weak costume, for sure. In case you didn't notice Robin was of a darker tone in Batman The Animated Series and they used the first Tim Drake costume for that show. They adapted the Tim Drake costume for Batman Forever too... and it worked. The writing just sucked and Shumacher latched onto the dynamic duo as a sort of caved gay couple that was railed about in the 1950s.

Tim Drake's Robin is now like the Tim Drake Robin of the later Batman The Animated Series episodes that were even darker than the earlier... no green, just red and black only now he's got a scalloped cape like the Bat and he's got gloves with the Bat-fins on them. I think that could be done in Nolan's world. Sadly, even he's hung up on campy Robin.

You've gotta do Robin in such a way as Batman remains dark and driven, but that he's nearly about to go over the edge and actually break he own rules and thus he needs the influence of Robin and his ward/adopted son to keep him grounded.

Lucas
07-25-2008, 09:40 PM
If they were to bring robin to the screen in this series, it would make a lot of sense if his suit was just all around very dark. maybe even just black straight up or solid dark dark red, ala ninja. maybe lose the cape all together and have his mask be more of a partial helmet.

its more realistic to start, whos going to go prowling around in anything but very dark clothing anyway.

there is a large emphasis on the functionality of batmans suit in the last 2 movies, even more emphasized in the fact that there was even a scene of bruce wayne requesting an improved set up based on experience.

very militant in the entire approach down to the 'bat cave', as well as the vehicles.

doug maverick
07-25-2008, 09:48 PM
Dude's are always hung up on the Grayson Robin... nevermind the noticably darker Jason Todd Robin. But they always get hung up on that particular costume. It's a weak costume, for sure. In case you didn't notice Robin was of a darker tone in Batman The Animated Series and they used the first Tim Drake costume for that show. They adapted the Tim Drake costume for Batman Forever too... and it worked. The writing just sucked and Shumacher latched onto the dynamic duo as a sort of caved gay couple that was railed about in the 1950s.

Tim Drake's Robin is now like the Tim Drake Robin of the later Batman The Animated Series episodes that were even darker than the earlier... no green, just red and black only now he's got a scalloped cape like the Bat and he's got gloves with the Bat-fins on them. I think that could be done in Nolan's world. Sadly, even he's hung up on campy Robin.

You've gotta do Robin in such a way as Batman remains dark and driven, but that he's nearly about to go over the edge and actually break he own rules and thus he needs the influence of Robin and his ward/adopted son to keep him grounded.

yeah they made tim drakes suit like that after superboy is killed, so robin alters his suit to the colors superboy wore.

Zenshiite
07-26-2008, 11:06 AM
It's a way better suit. However, it's almost exactly like the Tim Drake Robin from the later episodes of Batman TAS... vol 4 of the DVD sets. The only difference is that it lost the short sleeve and glove combo of the comics and shifted to the full body armor style of the Batman Forever latex suit.

It makes sense to me, but you'd have to make Robin make sense in the context of Nolan's vision of Batman so that he not only anchors Bruce Wayne, but Bruce keeps Robin's sense of vengence in check as well.

Current incarnation: http://www.dcsecretfiles.dreamers.com/robin.jpg

Batman The Animated Series: http://www.gtomessiah.com/robin/robin/tim_robin.jpg

doug maverick
07-26-2008, 11:22 PM
yeah alot of people talk about that. they even mention it on wikipedia. and i agree

Zenshiite
07-27-2008, 08:15 PM
yeah alot of people talk about that. they even mention it on wikipedia. and i agree

I just saw Dark Knight again. Still great.

You know, I was brainstorming how they could integrate Robin into this newer, darker mythos. It could work, it could work really easily. The only obstacle that I see is that neither as Robin or Nightwing does Richard Grayson(or any other Robin for that matter) have the benefit of head protection that can even turn aside a glancing hit from a bullet. Unlike Batman's cowl.

doug maverick
07-28-2008, 12:05 AM

filmmaker/writer/artisat fact if a person see's **** erotcism in a piece that is not meant in anyway to be **** erotic, it is the observer themselves that is seeing the ****erotic nature in himself. and no i didn't see sex in the city whatever the hell that means, cause watching a film doesn't make you gay in anyway shape or form.

KC Elbows
07-28-2008, 03:33 PM
filmmaker/writer/artisat fact if a person see's **** erotcism in a piece that is not meant in anyway to be **** erotic, it is the observer themselves that is seeing the ****erotic nature in himself. and no i didn't see sex in the city whatever the hell that means, cause watching a film doesn't make you gay in anyway shape or form.

Robin is a young boy without pants who rides in batman's sidecar. I'm just saying. In fairness, at least he's not wearing batchaps.

KC Elbows
07-28-2008, 04:18 PM
Doug, I was just kidding about the whole thing, and it was certainly low-brow kidding.

My problem with the Robin storyline is that it is only useful to resolve Batman's mental issues, and Batman is a better story with his mental issues unresolved. Gotham is a place permanently in chaos, Batman should reflect this.

Zenshiite
07-28-2008, 05:27 PM
Robin is a young boy without pants who rides in batman's sidecar. I'm just saying. In fairness, at least he's not wearing batchaps.

That particular incarnation of Robin was obsolete in 1990 and no one's looking back to that Robin costume except Frank Miller in his All Star Batman and Robin which makes Batman pretty ****ed unlikable anyways.

doug maverick
07-28-2008, 08:46 PM
Doug, I was just kidding about the whole thing, and it was certainly low-brow kidding.

My problem with the Robin storyline is that it is only useful to resolve Batman's mental issues, and Batman is a better story with his mental issues unresolved. Gotham is a place permanently in chaos, Batman should reflect this.

yeah i figured that but i et really ****ed at the ****-erotic thing because everytime someone makes a film and there's not a strong female lead its a **** erotic film. ****ing **** ****'s me off to know end.

puma
07-28-2008, 11:30 PM
Went to see The Dark Knight this past weekend...they should re-name this movie The Joker beacuse Heath Ledger stole the show(R.I.P.)
Other than that the only problem I had with the movie was the fight scenes were too dark and I didn't like Christian Bale's voice when he was portraying Batman

SimonM
07-29-2008, 09:04 AM
I liked the rhaspy roar actually. It communicated a guy who really wanted to milk the "I'm scary" vibe for all it was worth.

And considering that Batman tried to strike terror into the hearts of evildoers...

Zenshiite
07-29-2008, 10:37 PM
I liked the rhaspy roar actually. It communicated a guy who really wanted to milk the "I'm scary" vibe for all it was worth.

And considering that Batman tried to strike terror into the hearts of evildoers...

Precisely. It's perfect. Especially for a guy who is not only trying to scare dudes, but make them think he's something more than human.

KC Elbows
07-30-2008, 08:47 AM
Precisely. It's perfect. Especially for a guy who is not only trying to scare dudes, but make them think he's something more than human.

I agree, and thought his second voice actually improved in this movie.

If he didn't do so, the more valid concern of how everyone wasn't recognizing him immediately would be more bothersome. Don't want the old Superman "why doesn't anyone recognize him" problem arising.

doug maverick
08-07-2008, 11:00 AM
on a little inside information i touched on a while back, acording to aintitcoolnews.com chris nohan is not i repeat NOT signed on to make another batman film as i previously stated but he does have right of first refusal if and when another script is written.http://www.aintitcool.com/node/37837

@PLUGO
09-09-2008, 10:01 AM
well according to MTV at least (http://splashpage.mtv.com/2008/09/08/dark-knight-exclusive-michael-caine-says-johnny-depp-is-the-riddler-philip-seymour-hoffman-is-the-penguin/).

“I was with [a Warner Bros.] executive and I said, ‘Are we going to make another one?’ They said yeah. I said, ‘How the hell are we going to top Heath? And he says ‘I’ll tell you how you top Heath — Johnny Depp as The Riddler and Philip Seymour Hoffman as The Penguin.’ I said, ‘S–t, they’ve done it again!’”

Zenshiite
09-09-2008, 08:45 PM
I think I'd be ****ed of I saw Johnny Depp in Batman...

doug maverick
09-10-2008, 08:39 AM
well according to MTV at least (http://splashpage.mtv.com/2008/09/08/dark-knight-exclusive-michael-caine-says-johnny-depp-is-the-riddler-philip-seymour-hoffman-is-the-penguin/).

ithink he was seriously jumping the gun. hoffman said in a recent interview that he hasn't been "official" offered the role yet(meaning nobody has cut a check lol.) as for johnny depp that would be awesome. i wonder who is going to direct the third one. considering that nolan has yet to sign on either thats a negotiation tactic or he's totally moving on to do something else(right now he's the biggest d!ck in the industry he can pretty much do whatever he wants)so i guess we'll see hoepfuly it all works out and we get to see PSH as the penquin and he will be marvelous in that role and J-depp as riddler is just too perfect.

Vash
09-10-2008, 01:57 PM
I really, really hope they go bad-ass but breakable with the Riddler. But if I here "riddle me this" one time, I'm burning everyone's house down.

TenTigers
09-18-2008, 07:29 AM
sneak peak of Depp as the Riddler. I think this might be a screentest or a mock-up, as it doesn't seem to be full Riddler clothes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGi7qi_y0Jw&feature=related

Xiao3 Meng4
09-18-2008, 07:34 AM
D@mn You!

...and yet I still watched over a minute of the darned thing. :p

MasterKiller
09-18-2008, 07:37 AM
I really, really hope they go bad-ass but breakable with the Riddler. But if I here "riddle me this" one time, I'm burning everyone's house down.

The Riddler would be a good choice if they follow the patter of using The Long Halloween and Dark Victory as source material, in which he acts as an odd informant to both the police and Batman.

doug maverick
09-18-2008, 09:41 AM
they should make the riddler gay. i have no base's other then he always just seem like a gay ass character to me. would be interesting to see.philip seymour hoffman would be awesome as the riddler and hoenstly if he's in it i wouldn't even put another villian just focus on the penguin cause cause with philip you got it all. and as for johnny depp as the riddler well, despite the fact that i'm always always always right about these hollywood things people on this particular thread don't take my word for it like everyone else does so i'm going to stay mum on this(sorry no inside info for the bat fanboys go screw yourselves with a batarang lol. j/k) and we'll just find out like a year or so from now when they make the seuqal. this thing is so huge warner brothers is not going to rush it they know they got ****ing platinum in there hands second highest grossing film of all time broke every record in the book.

Zenshiite
09-18-2008, 09:26 PM
It'll take at least a year before they've got a script and even get ready to shoot. You won't see another Dark Knight for 3 years. I don't see how it can't happen, what with all the money it made. No way Nolan won't come back... dude would be stupid.

Problem with stuff like this... the studio will do it until it's so derided critically that we won't want another Batman for a decade.

doug maverick
09-18-2008, 10:12 PM
agreed but here's the thing about nolan he's a director and right now he's the biggest name in the game and can make any film he wants for any budget if he sticks with batman movies it hampers him cause people start asking questions like is he that good. what if the next batman movie sucks. i think this would be a good time for him to move on to something else there are other director out there just as good or even better then Nolan(I'll take anyone except for Kevin smith or joal shoomaker **** them both). as a director myself i would be tempted but then again i wouldn't cause now i'm free to do what i want as a filmmaker and that like selling dreams for candy, you can't by that. but if the next film sucks he probably won;t have as much juice as he does right now.

Zenshiite
09-19-2008, 08:51 AM
I suppose it all depends. I don't see him jumping ship just yet. It'll be hard to top The Dark Knight... but then, I can't see it just outright sucking. It may not be as good, but it'll be good.

The dude will probably go do something obscure, in the meantime, that doesn't have the kind of mass appeal that TDK did. You know, like the Prestige. Good movie, but nothing particularly mindblowing about it.

SimonM
09-19-2008, 09:10 AM
(I'll take anyone except for Kevin smith or joal shoomaker **** them both).

Kevin Smith directs good comedies. Dogma was gold.

But, yeah, keep him away from superhero movies.

Vash
09-19-2008, 09:39 AM
WTF?!?!?!

The donkey in Clerks II is the greatest hero of our generation.

And yes, I AM sorry, Jesus.

@PLUGO
09-19-2008, 10:10 AM
Well Kevin Smith will have his chance (http://www.zackandmiri.com/) to reclaim some status this year.

Seems like trilogies, is the way to go with big franchise type movies these days. However it looks like Sam Raimi wants to get back on the horse with Spiderman 4. That said Dark Knight could easily become The Empire Strikes Back of Batman movies.

I think a solid Penguin could compliment a returning Two-Face very well. Someone looking to reestablish the Roman's criminal empire using methods reflecting the Joker. A whole level of intrigue based in Gotham's high society would give, Bruce Wayne a foil during the day while BATMAN and Two-Face are out at night. Proving himself as effective in saving his city as Batman has been. Maybe better.

I think Johnny Depp could be put to much better use in the Batman mythos than the Riddler. The Character seems still to rooted in nostalgia for Frank Gorshin's performance. In the 60 years that the character has been published, there just hasn't been much in the way of thematic weight to that character. He's always seemed like a Cyper for writers to demonstrate Batman's world greatest detective title.

Vash
09-19-2008, 11:09 AM
Nah. Ralph Dibney is a better detective than Batman.

Well, was . . .

But I agree, a Two-Face/Penguin could be exceptional. I would prefer, though, a Penguin/Catwoman . . . oops.

doug maverick
09-19-2008, 11:21 AM
Well Kevin Smith will have his chance (http://www.zackandmiri.com/) to reclaim some status this year.

Seems like trilogies, is the way to go with big franchise type movies these days. However it looks like Sam Raimi wants to get back on the horse with Spiderman 4. That said Dark Knight could easily become The Empire Strikes Back of Batman movies.

I think a solid Penguin could compliment a returning Two-Face very well. Someone looking to reestablish the Roman's criminal empire using methods reflecting the Joker. A whole level of intrigue based in Gotham's high society would give, Bruce Wayne a foil during the day while BATMAN and Two-Face are out at night. Proving himself as effective in saving his city as Batman has been. Maybe better.

I think Johnny Depp could be put to much better use in the Batman mythos than the Riddler. The Character seems still to rooted in nostalgia for Frank Gorshin's performance. In the 60 years that the character has been published, there just hasn't been much in the way of thematic weight to that character. He's always seemed like a Cyper for writers to demonstrate Batman's world greatest detective title.

yeah looks like kevin smith is bak with that one. actually i been waiting to here more on it. haven't heard anything since the "i'm f ucking seth rogen" spoof on the Sarah silver man song. which was just as funny, i think locus is going to send his MMA fighter daughter to beat the **** out of kevin smith but it does look promising.

Lucas
09-19-2008, 11:27 AM
Ive always wanted to see Deadshot on screen. I think that could make for some pretty good action. He's a total bad ass, and one of the lesser known villains.

@PLUGO
09-19-2008, 11:45 AM
well then how about the KGBeast?

TenTigers
09-19-2008, 11:53 AM
I think Ridley Scott would have turned out an amazing Dark Knight. He creates such atmosphere, you feel it in the pit of your stomach. I think he could have truly captured the dark, heavy, gothic feel of the Dark Knight.

TenTigers
09-19-2008, 12:00 PM
I actually thought that the toxin released in Gotham along with the escaping Arcam Asylum inhabitants was forshadowing in order to set the scene for the Joker. It would have made an excellent reason for the appearance of a diabolical insane criminal.
If you do a search, you can find the entire "The Man who Laughed" on youtube. which was the original inspiration for Joker. He looks exactly like the original Joker, down to the bone structure, hair, nose, everything.

Lucas
09-19-2008, 12:41 PM
well then how about the KGBeast?

lets throw em both en and toss a deathstroke in on the side!

Lucas
09-19-2008, 12:51 PM
actually, bringing up deathstroke. I wouldnt mind seeing him in his own flick.

doug maverick
09-19-2008, 01:23 PM
actually, bringing up deathstroke. I wouldnt mind seeing him in his own flick.

something about the name deathstroke just doesn't sit right with me. i agree ith the ridley scot comment up there. tony would also be a good choice as long as he doesn't shake the **** camera. another good choice would be michael mann as long as he doesn't write the script. and somebody smacks him in the head with 24fp(frames per second) cause for someone who shoots HD he act's like he never heard of the 24p setting. im have a pretty good short list opf directors who would do just as good or even improve on the world nolan created if he chooses to bounce(i think he should honestly that's just my opinion, he's got hollywood by the balls right now he's the f ucking human torch).as for raimi doing spidey four he better make up for the debacle that was 3. such a horrid horrible movie and for all that money and instead of giving us a bad ass black spider man he gives us crying wimpy emo spider man and for that i will kick him in the balls.......... HARD.

Lucas
09-19-2008, 01:39 PM
eddie brock ****ing ****ed me off in that movie.

Vash
09-19-2008, 02:50 PM
Spider-Man 3 didn't happen.

Don't you ****ing say it did.

As for neglected Batman villain for the next go-'round, can't argue with . . .

The Signalman!

@PLUGO
09-19-2008, 03:11 PM
is this the point where we all submit our pitches for Dark Knight 2?

also for the list I'd suggest David Fincher . . .

doug maverick
09-19-2008, 03:30 PM
thats exactly what time it is. forget about villian's who do you guys see being the next director if nolan pass's or even still the next batman. i'm gonna through luke goss into the hat as the next batman.

Lucas
09-19-2008, 04:22 PM
thats exactly what time it is. forget about villian's who do you guys see being the next director if nolan pass's or even still the next batman. i'm gonna through luke goss into the hat as the next batman.

i could see this guy (http://pakten.se/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/0543392.jpg) as brucewayne/batman.

ghostexorcist
11-12-2008, 07:23 PM
The Mayor of Batman, Turkey is suing the makers of the Batman: The Dark Night film for using their town's name without permission. They are seeking some of the royalties from the almost 1 billion dollars that the film has made world wide.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/11/12/batman_city_sues_batman/

Seems like a lame excuse to get their hole-in-the-wall town noticed. I bet the presiding judge will laugh them out of the court.

SPJ
11-13-2008, 09:58 AM
my skin was dark, I ran like a wind.

I was nicknamed "batman" in 1968. I also registered the nickname in a police station.

so do I earn any royalty for using my registered nickname for the movie?

:confused::D

lkfmdc
11-13-2008, 10:13 AM
it took them 70 years to decide to sue? :rolleyes:

SimonM
11-13-2008, 10:27 AM
it took them 70 years to decide to sue? :rolleyes:

Yeah well second highest grossing movie in history. They decided to strike while the iron was loaded with money.

I am 100% certain that use of a word that happens to be spelled identically in the title of a movie to the town, which is not referenced in any way by the movie, would be seen as fair use.

David Jamieson
11-13-2008, 10:31 AM
just the mayor trying to put his little town on the map, he's not getting anything.

SoCo KungFu
11-13-2008, 11:26 AM
Lets just hope the fair people of Danzig, Poland don't get inspired...

I don't think Glenn can afford it. I mean he's still wearing that same set of spandex pants and leather vest for how long now? And I don't think anyone's been downloading Mother off iTunes lately

SimonM
11-13-2008, 11:43 AM
The continent of Africa could sue Toto...

David Jamieson
11-13-2008, 11:57 AM
there's a show on right now on ctv called "less than kind" and the tune for the show has the line "i hate, winnipeg" as the finale line. awesome. But could cause a rift. lol

peggers tend to think a lot of their frozen berg and don't like to be hated nationally. :p

SimonM
11-13-2008, 12:10 PM
IT's cold and flat and there isn't much to do aside from get drunk. :D

golgo
11-13-2008, 12:23 PM
And I don't think anyone's been downloading Mother off iTunes lately

I am going to have to remember to do just that when I get home.