PDA

View Full Version : How to do push-ups with the Choy Li Fut Pantherfist...

LittleCLF
12-24-2007, 04:12 AM
Hey Guys,
my school is closing for 3 weeks.
I just started Chan Family CLF 3 months ago in Germany. I dont no how to do push ups with the pantherfist yet... Could someone explain me?

David Jamieson
12-24-2007, 05:09 AM
wait til your school opens again. You are much better off just having someone show you at your own school than attempting weird kungs on your own based on what you read in an internet forum.

even if that forum is kungfumagazine.com and of course, especially if that forum is kungfumagazine.com

:)

seriously

Eddie
12-24-2007, 05:25 AM
even more so if it is the Southern Forum and has something to do with CLF. Good call DJ. ;)

T. Cunningham
12-24-2007, 08:28 AM
Talk to your Sifu

LittleCLF
12-24-2007, 08:33 AM
Well i did want to suprise him...
thx.

Mano Mano
12-24-2007, 12:14 PM
Hey Guys,
I just started Chan Family CLF 3 months ago in Germany. I dont no how to do push ups with the pantherfist yet... Could someone explain me?Personally I don’t belief in doing push ups with panther fists, however the safest way would be to do the push ups on two sand bags.
The sand bags should mould to the shape of the knuckles allowing for the formation of panther fist to be held in though out the push up.

CLFNole
12-24-2007, 12:59 PM
Start against a wall and work you way to the floor. If you just try to start on the floor you are going to hurt yourself. You have to build up the wrist strength first.

David Jamieson
12-24-2007, 01:14 PM
Start against a wall and work you way to the floor. If you just try to start on the floor you are going to hurt yourself. You have to build up the wrist strength first.

not to mention the ability to withstand the pain of compression on his knuckles which will be in a position not common to everyday usage and certainly not common to force feedback. anyway...

Eric Olson
12-24-2007, 05:14 PM
Start by doing them on your knees and use the thumb for support.

Cheers

EO

Steeeve
12-24-2007, 06:02 PM
Howdy

about the panther fist or the leopard fist

Does the the thumb is sit on the y index or firts finger or he cross under the index and major finger????hope u understood

Steeve

CLFNole
12-24-2007, 07:18 PM
I keep my thumb tight against the side of my index finger, that way it provides additional support.

stout
12-25-2007, 06:57 AM
yeah, v important to start slowly. The index finger gets alot of load. I over did this at the start and ended up with pains that ran from my index to my middle of my fist. had to start again from knees.

Happy xmas y'all.

冠木侍
12-25-2007, 05:40 PM
I think I almost broke my fingers and thumb one time while attempting this (in a full push-up position).

Like everyone says, go slow at first and talk to your Sifu as to the correct way in which to position the knuckles.

CLFNole
12-25-2007, 06:29 PM
After enough time conditioning you should be able to do it in both the cheong ahn choy position and the yeung chopy choy position. You can press and extend up onto the middle knuckle for a slight second before coming down each time.

BUK SING
01-15-2008, 09:58 AM
Hey Guys,
I just started Chan Family CLF 3 months ago in Germany. I dont no how to do push ups with the pantherfist yet... Could someone explain me?

Hey i was doing one arm push ups in my gwoon and a freind told me i should charp choi push ups. The best way to do them is to start off as if you were doing push ups on your fists but do it on the part of your hand were you would do a panther fist but keep in a normal fist shape. As you get good at them move into the pantherfist formation. Hope this helps