PDA

View Full Version : Hit a guy without touching him! I've been wasting all these years training

Lama Pai Sifu
12-24-2007, 10:38 AM
I've been wasting all my time training to hit with power, speed and accuracy. I should have just learned how to do this:

NO INCH PUNCH (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBXXA5xhcQ0)

D. Brown is amazing, you should see his other clips, a real NLP and E.H. Master.

Happy Holidays

Shaolinlueb
12-24-2007, 01:05 PM
my problem with the 1 inch punch is whenever they have someone hold the pad, its always feet apart. i can knock someone back that far too. :rolleyes:

as for the d brown guy, his show was wierd.

Jeffoo
12-24-2007, 01:54 PM
I have yet to see someone do this properly in a video. This garbage is a punch from more than 5 inches away. Properly using Fa Jing can make someone push an opponent in a similar manner as this crap while their punching hand never leaves the opponent. Plus making your student stand in a ma bu facing you is another way of making them fall back easier. I'd challenge this guy to hit me with his one inch punch While I stand in a Gong Bu and face him.

To make it worse he "hits" the guy without even touching him. This is all too similar to the televangelists faith healings. Never once do I see these people successfully perform this on anyone other than their own "students".

Bull**** at its highest form. Guys like this make the rest of us who train hard and develop legitimate techniques look like smacked as ses.

Lama Pai Sifu
12-24-2007, 02:09 PM
Jeff, watch the clip again. Derren Brown is not a martial artist. He uses one of the Wing Chun guys students for the demo.

I agree. Not Yat Chuyhn Ging (1 inch power) at all. And yes, the stance makes it overwhelmingly easy to fell your opponent.

I put this up because Derren Brown is a master of NLP, Hypnosis (although he'll tell you there is no such thing - he only attempts to pattern-interupt or manipulate peoples already unconcious states) and magic tricks.

I just thought it was cool that one of his episodes had a Kung-Fu theme. Forget the WC guy, he's not the reason to watch it.

If you watch his other clips, you'll get a better feel for who he is and what he does.

Yao Sing
12-24-2007, 09:08 PM
Yeah, I've seen him on TV. Freaky stuff but good show. Thought it was going to be a regular series but haven't seen anymore and now I don't remember what channel he was on.

Jeffoo
12-24-2007, 09:13 PM
Jeff, watch the clip again. Derren Brown is not a martial artist. He uses one of the Wing Chun guys students for the demo.

I agree. Not Yat Chuyhn Ging (1 inch power) at all. And yes, the stance makes it overwhelmingly easy to fell your opponent.

I put this up because Derren Brown is a master of NLP, Hypnosis (although he'll tell you there is no such thing - he only attempts to pattern-interupt or manipulate peoples already unconcious states) and magic tricks.

I just thought it was cool that one of his episodes had a Kung-Fu theme. Forget the WC guy, he's not the reason to watch it.

If you watch his other clips, you'll get a better feel for who he is and what he does.

Ah ok....I've been very busy lately and pop in read quickly and out...lol

Still not a big believer in the Hypnosis thing either, though. :P

Drake
12-25-2007, 02:45 AM
Ah ok....I've been very busy lately and pop in read quickly and out...lol

Still not a big believer in the Hypnosis thing either, though. :P

Neither was Kevin Bacon, and we saw what happened to him!

Seppukku
12-25-2007, 06:19 AM
What? Somebody told him he had what it took to be an actor?

Lama Pai Sifu
12-25-2007, 07:54 AM
C'mon, give Kevin a break. :(

At least we got the whole "six degrees of" off the ground with him. He has value.

Seppukku
12-25-2007, 07:57 AM
You've been hypnotized, too, haven't you? I take it you never saw Hollow Man.

golden arhat
12-25-2007, 04:37 PM
Yeah, I've seen him on TV. Freaky stuff but good show. Thought it was going to be a regular series but haven't seen anymore and now I don't remember what channel he was on.

come to the uk he's been on channel four here for like 6 years

IT JUST DOESNT END

Lama Pai Sifu
12-25-2007, 05:31 PM
You've been hypnotized, too, haven't you? I take it you never saw Hollow Man.

I concede.