12-26-2002, 11:03 AM
I got:

Dragonball Z: Budokai for PS2
a sweater
some slipcovers for my furniture
3 Dragonball shirts
a rashguard
a clock
Domain cologne (it's mary kay, but smells excelent)
a box of colognes that had:
-Bora Bora
-Curve
-Mambo for him
-Lucky You

Chang Style Novice
12-26-2002, 11:17 AM
cash, The Lord of the Rings Fellowship extended DVD, bottle of tequila, couple cool tshirts.

Water Dragon
12-26-2002, 11:24 AM
I got a bath robe.

yenhoi
12-26-2002, 11:42 AM
X-box
20# medicine ball!!!
every bruce lee movie ever (all the HK ones too) on dvd.
A yoga book
couple sweaters
mechwarrior game for xbox
bruce lee game for xbox
lots of candy

:D

And my birthday was on monday so I got a kettle and a bunch of gift certificates.

I also got a cold while snowboarding. :(

Cody
12-26-2002, 12:07 PM
First and Foremost!!!!
Kung Fu Hamster! sings and swings a spiked ball. not in standard KF garb. At first I thought it was karate hamster. hehe It's a hoot. a very special small stuffed animal, with batteries included.

nice soaps, lotions, candles, chocolate, tea, hot chocolate mixes, a mug

tea pot and 4 cups, which are stored in a lovely wooden box

two wall calendars:
Summer Mountains, Misty Rain. Chinese Landscape Paintings.
Thomas Kinkade. Painter of Light
datebooks and address books for my desk and bag.

DVD of National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

cotton turtlenecks, a wool sweater, waffle fabric henley

a couple of Starbuck's cafe cards.

Congenial gatherings and exchange of gifts made for a pleasant holiday time.

Cody

Happy Birthday, yenhoi!

Royal Dragon
12-26-2002, 12:11 PM
Kung Fu Hamster! sings and swings a spiked ball. not in standard KF garb. At first I thought it was karate hamster. hehe It's a hoot. a very special small stuffed animal, with batteries included.

Reply]
I got one of those last year!!! Mine sings the "Kung Fu Fighting" theme song and has Numb Chucks!!!

I got:

Two books, "The Body electric" and "The Encyclopedia of natural Medicine (2nd revised addition)"

A VCD of Shaolin Templ's Tai Tzu Chang Chuan form, WITH applications (all in Chinese)

Art from my daughter and alittle wooden car + home made cookies.

A small statue of a Chinese Dragon similar to the one I have on my uniforms.

A smaller statue of the same dragon

Chocolate and candy (MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM yuuuuuummmmmmmm)

A Duck Dinner (With orange sauce)

A 1.6 mhz Athalon Processor, mother board and over 500 meg of memory. (I'll be a'rippin my computer apart Saturday to install it!!!)

Some Chinese herbs (I have no idea what they do yet)

And finnaly a Special gift from Terri utilsing a gift I gave her for Christmas :eek:

SevenStar
12-26-2002, 12:13 PM
you got mech assault? sweet. I used to play battletech online. looks like some of the same mechs are in it from what I saw. Man, I miss that game. I want to get an xbox just so I can play mech assault online. BT online was sooooooo in depth. We (my regimen) even had a training academy we would put recruits through. practice was mandatory, and you couldn't fight with us in any of the house wars if you hadn't graduated from the training camp - BJSOC - Blackjack School of Conflict

Water Dragon
12-26-2002, 12:15 PM
This $ucks. I feel like the little orphan boy you read about in the newspaper right before Christmas :(

SevenStar
12-26-2002, 12:17 PM
And finnaly a [I]Special gift from Terri utilsing a gift I gave her for Christmas :eek: [/B]

She's gonna use that Spa set to give you a facial and makeover?

SevenStar
12-26-2002, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by Water Dragon
I got a bath robe.

I got my parents matching robes. They were heavy, and had hoods on them, with their name on it. My dad walks around with the hood on - he said it makes him feel like a jedi. I need to get one for myself - those things were niiice.

Royal Dragon
12-26-2002, 12:18 PM
At least you didn't loose your school before it even opened.:(

Hey, those big heavy bath robes are COOL!!

I got one more gift, I was too embarassed to say, but to make WD feel better I will have to admit I got (from Terri) some boxers with cute little fluffy polarbears sleeping on white fluffy clouds on a light sky blue background. It's the most sisyish thing I have ever seen!!! But, it gets WORSE, she made me WEAR IT!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! :eek::( :p

Give me a Bathrobe anyday ;)

SevenStar
12-26-2002, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Water Dragon
This $ucks. I feel like the little orphan boy you read about in the newspaper right before Christmas :(

you know half the presents you got for your son are really yours anyway :)

eulerfan
12-26-2002, 12:27 PM
I got a pair of low rise jeans. I think I'm pretty slender but, when I put them on, what fat I do have seems really accentuated. my tummy sticks out over them and that little bit of flab on my sides is squeezed out. I don't know if I have the confidence for these jeans.

I also got a video of Hitchhiker's guide to the Galaxy.

The DVD of Mr. Show with Bob and David. That's my favorite.

Gloves and a scarf.

Other clothes.

Former castleva
12-26-2002, 12:35 PM
It was not that good of a christmas,just like before so it did not work out too well but...
I got plenty of stuff on mandarin chinese.
Still have not completely searched trough it all.
Tapes,books like "Beginner´s chinese" which was recommended by one of the KFO fellows...who was he/she again? :)

Rest was not so glorious,considerable amount of candy (OK)

norther practitioner
12-26-2002, 01:48 PM
sweater,
a bunch of other clothes that will be exchanged this weekend,
$$$,
and a bunch of other stuff from the straglers, aka, sisters and friends who either 1.) didn't mail it in time to get here by christmas or 2.) are waiting for todays sales to go get it.

I have to say though, I made a bunch of bamboo arangements for people this year, it was a good alternative type gift that was fun to make, and a heck of a lot cheaper. Plus people loved that I actually took the time to make it too.

GeneChing
12-26-2002, 02:04 PM
DVD player!!!
Bottle of Jack (yes, my wife loves me!)
Weird shaolin shami figures (I think I'm supposed to frame them)
Some nice tubes of acrylic paints (RGB)
Books - McNally's Long Strange Trip & that new By the Sword book (by Cohen? Can't remember the author, some UK fencing champ and who remembers the UK champs? Guess that's why they write books..)
Gift certificate at the local music store
Wintergreen Altoids
Antibacterial hand soap and crackers (?)
Xmas tie (for next year, I guess....)
$$ (always good)
Clothes (also always good)

It was great fun for my kid and with the help of my wife's vet school cousin, we managed to finally remove the lab ear tag from the research rabbit we rescued last summer. My qife cooked an amazing meal and we had about a dozen friends and family over. A good Xmas, even though I'm not Christian...

Water Dragon
12-26-2002, 02:05 PM
Eulerfan, if you send me a pic of you in just the jeans, scarf, and gloves; I'll send you a 3 page letter stating how unbeleivably gorgeous and sensual you are. Then we can oth have a good X-mas :eek:

Cody
12-26-2002, 02:18 PM
eulerfan,
Maybe you can exchange the jeans. Companies now have such a range of styles, that you're sure to find one that is super.

Royal Dragon,
Mine sings Kung Fu Fighting too! Do we have the beginning of a chorus of these beasties?

Water Dragon,
Years back, I got a bathrobe for Christmas, a long quilted garment in subdued purple tone. Not really my color, but I still have it. It's a reminder of simpler times. Having gone on from those times, because it was the right thing to do (and it was), I enthusiastically sought to live completely and with intent. I might experience particularly nice gifts this holiday, but that is concurrent with a feeling of personal failure, and an abandonment of sorts which should not be taking place, plus evolving changes in my immediate environment which also seem unavoidable due to an unrelated situation. This Christmas has sad overtones as well because of the passing of a relative in August. The holiday has a brightness born of effort this year, which I appreciate. A bathrobe is a nice gift I think.

Cody

Xebsball
12-26-2002, 02:29 PM
( i didnt even read your posts but somehow i know this is gonna fit here :D )

****, check out all these rich americans

FatherDog
12-26-2002, 02:33 PM
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, and a family trip to San Francisco next month. First time I'll have been out to the West Coast.

yenhoi
12-26-2002, 02:34 PM
7*:

You played Battletech? Was it BT or Mechwarrior online?

I played in a Battletech IRC league for awhile when I was really young. Used to hang out on BT forums before the Innersphere counter-invaded the Clans. Havent payed much attention since then.

I got some cool figure game called Mechwarrior Darkage that I think is a gimmick, but it has an extended history to like 3050 or so.

Mechwarrior 4 mercenaries is pretty neat, its just like the original Mechwarrior on the floppy disk for old ass ibm.

ewallace
12-26-2002, 02:36 PM
I got my family back (well a few weeks ago actually, but it's close enough to christmas).

Instead of buying gifts for all of our extended family, we decided to do the "Angel Tree" program. Basically you take a paper angel off of a christmas tree at the mall (we did this for each family member). Each angel has the name, age, item of want, and an item of need of a small child who otherwise might not get anything at all for christmas. Then you go buy the item (want and/or need) and return to the mall with the gift and the paper angel. Then you keep the bottom portion of the angel and give it to the person which lets them know that a gift was given (to a child in need) in their name. Along with the bottom portion we printed out a definition of an angel on nice paper and framed it. This went over quite well.

I also got a few shirts and some Hei cologne. These were just bonus items. Even without them this was the best christmas I have ever had.

eulerfan
12-26-2002, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by GeneChing
A good Xmas, even though I'm not Christian...

I'm not Christian, either. A friend flew down here from NY on Christamas day to visit. I told my mom, saying, "I can't believe he's not going to spend Christmas with his family."

She replied, "Gwen, isn't he Jewish?"

My initial, knee jerk reaction was, "So? What does religion have to do with..........oh, yeah."

How sad is that?

KC Elbows
12-26-2002, 02:55 PM
LOTR: FOTR collector's extended DVD thing

Jumprope

Abwheel

Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon soundtrack(for doing slow forms to)

Jeans and shirt that make me look supa bad.

Writer's Guide to Book Editors, Publishers, and Literary Agents by Jeff Herman

Book store gift certificate

Best Buy Gift Certificate(actually used that one to get more presents for my nephews and son)

And, the Saturday before, found out someone bought a story of mine that I was not at all sure would get bought.

As for the rich American thing, if I was rich before X-Mas, I am definitely not now. :D

KC Elbows
12-26-2002, 02:58 PM
BTW, eWallace, I'm glad to hear the good news.

Chang Style Novice
12-26-2002, 03:01 PM
Altogether, a pretty good haul, I must admit. Although that pr!ck b@stard Santa didn't bring the World Peace I keep asking for. I'm gonna kick his ass!

Did anyone else see the Jackie Chan Adventures cartoon where Evil Qi Master Dao Long Wong kidnaps Santa Claus and tries to steal his Qi? The Secret Service-style helper elves totally cracked my sh!t up.

Royal Dragon
12-26-2002, 03:08 PM
Chang Style Novice,
Your problem is you are NOT asking for "World peace", Santa thinks you are asking for "Whirled peas!!!" Try asking for "Peace on earh", it might work better as santa won't confuse it with a meal for gummie, toothless, toddlers. :D

Chang Style Novice
12-26-2002, 03:11 PM
I'd probably get a bunch of legumes sitting on some potting soil. I gave the nearsighted SOB a pair of reading glasses last year, but he's just too proud to use 'em...

qeySuS
12-26-2002, 03:16 PM
**** ewallace that's nice.

Anywho, i got a suit from my parents, nothing expensive but it's cool. Then my sisters gave me the accesories, a tie, shirt, socks and a belt. I was particularly impressed with my new employers gift, they gave me a Bottle of wine, box of chocolates and a cooking book from some fancy restaurant, i thought that was it and thought "Ok that's nice". Then in an envolope on the book there was a 150$ gift certificate for the fancy restaurant. So now all i need is some hottie to bring with me :P

SevenStar
12-26-2002, 04:04 PM
it was battletech, but it played more like mechwarrior. my fave mech was the catapult C1 - that's similar to the one you see wreaking havoc in the xbox commercial - that one's a catapult, but aI don't think it's a C1. Mercenaries was cool.

here's some player reviews: http://www.gamingbliss.com/games.php3?gameid=battletech3025

and some screen caps: http://www.cstone.net/~kyoung/btech.html

The game was great. Every month, we would have house wars, where regimen's from each house would challenge another house. This got VERY complicated, as the heads of the regiments had to keep track of who won the battles and who they fought. Then, they would report them to the house commander, who would report them to the tourney organizers. you could also have solo duels - the game kept track of your record. My handle was 'Jedi' Man, I hate that game isn't around anymore :(

Laughing Cow
12-26-2002, 04:11 PM
Let's see:

Wife: Kitchen stuff & Quilting hoop
Son: Playmobil Toys & Ice Age DVD
Me (most were from me to me):
New MPEG Encoder
CZL DVD's Yi-Lu & Er-Lu
Argonauts T2 Endoskeleton
Kaiyodo FLCL Kanchi
Mahoro Matic & Motorbike (Kotobukiya)

Yeah, I got a life besides IMA too.;)

Souljah
12-26-2002, 04:21 PM
im abit late but.....erm.....

-remington electric razor (to save the hassle and expense of replacing mach3 blades when shaving my head)
-pair of gloves
-hoody
-starwars2 dvd
-another dvd (I doubt many of the non-ukers have heard of - have i got news for you best moments) - pure comedy
-MONEY (which will go towards my driving lessons)
-guitar + guitar chord book (i decided I should finally start learning! always wanted too but never got round to it)- well this one hasnt been purchased yet cos I'm gonna go choose it from the shop myself tommorrow.
-guess thats about it.....gonna go and chill infront of the tv now......:cool: :) :)

soul

yenhoi
12-26-2002, 07:35 PM
7*

Wow. Thats mechwarrior I, online. God how I wish I knew about that way back when....

Ever play battleforce?

Anyways, Mech Assault is bad ass. Who needs the board games. :D

friday
12-26-2002, 07:55 PM
i got a cool short sleeve shirt that looks good
ummm...photo album
ummm...a girly stationary holder

ehh i got that stationary holder drawing a number out of a box at a party where everyone had to bring a present. its got a bunny rabbit its so cutsy....:(

i got relaly peed off at the poor girl who ended up getting a box of medicinal stuff like panadol for headaches etc. some ppl sure bring some silly presents for these parties.

anyway overall its a good christmas i threw a party and it went really really well. ended the nite watching LOR: II. great movie.

friday

Chang Style Novice
12-26-2002, 07:58 PM
Friday - it sounds to me like somebody was digging around in their desk drawers and glove compartment at the last minute for a present, if somebody ended up with a bottle of asprin.

Mr Punch
12-26-2002, 09:13 PM
I know how WD feels! :(

I got a t-shirt.
And some homeopathic bruise and shock medicine (arnica).

It doesn't help that nobody knows where I live!!!

I did get myself a cute wee girlfriend though!!!:D ;)

Congrats to ewallace. Don't even know you but that's enough to cheer my Xmas up even!!! :D

PHILBERT
12-26-2002, 10:10 PM
+Playstation 2
Tekken 4
DBZ: Budokai
Gameshark

+3 random shirts

+Pair of dark blue jeans (Levi's)

+Gift card to On the Border and AMC Movies (I also got one for Kohl's which I used to buy the jeans)

+Push up bars

+That Kung Fu Hamster thing

+Cash

-----------
Two side stories, when I picked up the present of the Kung Fu Hamster (my mom thought it was cute, so she bought it because I practice Kung Fu) the nunchaku ripped right through the wrapping paper so I knew what it was before I opened it.

Also, I got 4 gift cards all together. One for Kohl's, one for On the Border (Mexican resturaunt, nice place), one for AMC and one for Blockbuster. I said to my mom (who doesn't want me to date) "Gee mom you got my date all lined up. I use the gift card at Kohl's to get some new clothes, use the On the Border to pay for the meal, the AMC gift cards to pay for the movies and the Blockbuster card to rent some movies and finish it off with a Blockbuster night." Instead I spent the Blockbuster card on a Gameshark Christmas night, and the jeans today. I have no idea when I'll use my AMC cards, I have 3 total now, 2 expire the end of 2003 and the other expires in June.

I *really* was not in the Christmas spirit this year and, failing to get a PS2 for the past 2 Christmas', I just said **** it, I want a PS2 and only that, then tossed down a few games. And before you say "Not in the Christmas spirit and asking for a PS2?!" I usually put down like 50 things on a list, PS2 being one of them amongst other things, and this year I had everything I wanted. Had plent of shirts (like 30), jeans (7 or 8 pair), socks, underwear, and couldn't think of anything I did NOT have and wanted. Other than the PS2. :D

I got my family like next to nothing, starving college student decided to adopt an Angel Tree this year, and I spent over $122 on this 6 year old kid. Got him a London Fog jacket, 2 Ralph Lauren sweaters, 2 pairs of blue jeans, some socks and underwear and the Scooby Doo movie, everything on his list. Since I don't make enough money to claim it on my tax return I gave the tax receipt to my mom and said "Merry Christmas."

SevenStar
12-26-2002, 10:43 PM
never heard of battleforce - is it any good? can you play mech assault online? If so, I HAVE to get an xbox, quick!

Philbert, how far are you on budokai? I beat it on easy and unlocked all of the characters except trunks, yamcha, zarbon and dodoria. I did some "training" on hard mode, so now I am kicking the computer's arse pretty easy on normal mode - That still didn't unlock those characters though. I guess you have to be on hard mode to get them. Or maybe there's something I haven't figured out yet...

neptunesfall
12-27-2002, 03:29 AM
a cd/mp3 player for my car

a 27" television

and a wok!

PS - eulerfan...mr. show was the best comedy show ever.

infinet
12-27-2002, 05:57 AM
indoor grill :)
Sweater
new Kettle (no more microwaved tea :) )
accu-pressure massage unit
new sports bag for KF
icy squares
turtles
and a 50buck gift certificate

Royal Dragon
12-27-2002, 06:21 AM
indoor grill

Reply]
Would that be the George Foreman Grill by any chance??

Xebsball
12-27-2002, 06:50 AM
heres a riddle

how many months do the avereage brazilian male would have to work to be able to buy a playstation2 or an xbox and still be able to feed his family during this time?

infinet
12-27-2002, 06:53 AM
Royal Dragon:

Not quite George Foreman, it's the Hamilton Beach version :)
(pretty much identical)

Sharky
12-27-2002, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by Xebsball
( i didnt even read your posts but somehow i know this is gonna fit here :D )

****, check out all these rich americans

tell me about it :eek: :eek: :eek:

Chang Style Novice
12-27-2002, 07:58 AM
Don't I wish. It's true some part of my family are doing pretty well, though, and don't mind being nice to me at the holidays.

Still, they're going up against the wall when the revolution comes.:D

guohuen
12-27-2002, 09:00 AM
Twelve hours of time and a half, 24" of snow, soaking wet and cold.:D I also recieved a nice peridot and gold ring from my wife.
She got a tanzanite butterfly pendant and necklace, garnet earings and an amythyst and topaz ring.

SevenStar
12-27-2002, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by Xebsball
heres a riddle

how many months do the avereage brazilian male would have to work to be able to buy a playstation2 or an xbox and still be able to feed his family during this time?

only about 12. He can train full time zhoo zhit soo for a year, then start fighting. Then he can say he's awesome because he's brazilian and have people pay him crazy amounts for seminars :D

GeneChing
12-27-2002, 10:19 AM
I also got a can of smoked almonds which my daughter and I immediately consumed for our xmas breakfast.

And I am so happy that no one got me one of those hamsters. I hate those things as much as I hate MA poetry.

Chang Style Novice
12-27-2002, 10:26 AM
If Gene Ching with his Guandao slices
The Martial Arts Mart Dot Com prices
We will like that so well
And then buy what he'll sell
For the superb quality entices.

(Martial art poetry designed to change some certain someone's mind)

GeneChing
12-27-2002, 11:00 AM
I'm crunching my nuts so loudly that I can't hear you. (add that quote to your signature;) )

yenhoi
12-27-2002, 11:07 AM
7*: battleforce is epic sized battletech, each little guy = 1 lance or star or platoon, you played regiment sized games.

And yes! You can play mech assault online. Im getting "xbox live" (thats how you play online) as soon as I leave my house. You get a headset with it, so you can communicate with people and ****.

SevenStar
12-27-2002, 03:47 PM
Someone told me the joystick you need for mach assault cost like 100 bucks, but it's huge and has alot of buttons - is that true?

yenhoi
12-27-2002, 04:31 PM
dunno. I didnt know there was a joystick (:eek: ) thats great!! I just use the xbox controller. It has 2 joysticks and lots of buttons.

$100 :confused:

qeySuS
12-27-2002, 11:24 PM
You don't like this thread much do you xebs? :)

PHILBERT
12-27-2002, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by SevenStar
never heard of battleforce - is it any good? can you play mech assault online? If so, I HAVE to get an xbox, quick!

Philbert, how far are you on budokai? I beat it on easy and unlocked all of the characters except trunks, yamcha, zarbon and dodoria. I did some "training" on hard mode, so now I am kicking the computer's arse pretty easy on normal mode - That still didn't unlock those characters though. I guess you have to be on hard mode to get them. Or maybe there's something I haven't figured out yet...

Dunno if it's posted here yet by another member, but to access Trunks you gotta replay certain parts of the game. Go back to Story Mode or whatever as if you are gonna replay certain areas. You'll notice it will say 1-7 on the Sayian story, but maybe part 3-5 will be missing and next to #2 it says NEW. This lets you play as different characters (Piccolo fighting Radditz, or Cell fighting Vegeta, Frieza vs Goku, etc) than previous mode. As you go through new levels and new characters will be accessed.

Basically go back as if you are gonna replay stuff and it will have NEW next to certain things, this will let you play as different people. Like in one part under the Cell part, Cell will abosrb Krillen instead of Android 18, and he evolves into his next form, he is 4 feet tall, orange, has a human face and his back has Master Roshi's school thing on it.

Sho
12-28-2002, 03:21 AM
Christmas came too fast this year.

I got two Ian Fleming's James Bond books, Born to Defend DVD (Li Lianjie), Mah Jong Pocket and loads 'o candy. Can't wait for my birthday presents on 12/31. :D

Xebsball
12-28-2002, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by qeySuS
You don't like this thread much do you xebs? :)

i wanted an xbox too :(

qeySuS
12-28-2002, 11:17 AM
me too :( Didn't get one though. Them things are expensive.

Stacey
12-28-2002, 12:49 PM
Qeysus, My favorite forum poster. (Tied between you and Prana)

I just bought an Icelandic sheepdog. Her name is Gaela. She rules.

Oso
12-28-2002, 04:31 PM
some Thor-lo socks

The Wine Bible

a map to the Napa wine region

some wine bottle stoppers

some more Heinlein books

a subscription to JAMA (sorry Gene)

Jet Li 3-pack DVD (Born to Defense, Shaolin Temple and Kids from
Shaolin)

4 more DVD's:Trail of the Broken Blade
Shaolin Master Killer
Duel of the Shaolin Fist (aka Duel of the Iron Fist)
Shaolin Challenges Ninja

a Coolmax T-shirt. They are great for work outs, they wick the
sweat away allowing it to evaporate so you don't end up with
that sticky cotton t-shirt thing happening.

and this sword because my girlfriend rocks !!!

qeySuS
12-28-2002, 05:30 PM
wuhoo i'm someones favourite.

Icelandic sheepdogs are cool mofos, and Gaela (gæla) is an Icelandic name! That's pretty cool.

SevenStar
12-28-2002, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by PHILBERT

Dunno if it's posted here yet by another member, but to access Trunks you gotta replay certain parts of the game. Go back to Story Mode or whatever as if you are gonna replay certain areas. You'll notice it will say 1-7 on the Sayian story, but maybe part 3-5 will be missing and next to #2 it says NEW. This lets you play as different characters (Piccolo fighting Radditz, or Cell fighting Vegeta, Frieza vs Goku, etc) than previous mode. As you go through new levels and new characters will be accessed.

Basically go back as if you are gonna replay stuff and it will have NEW next to certain things, this will let you play as different people. Like in one part under the Cell part, Cell will abosrb Krillen instead of Android 18, and he evolves into his next form, he is 4 feet tall, orange, has a human face and his back has Master Roshi's school thing on it.

LOL @ cell/krillin! I knew you could go back and do some - I had already done a few as piccolo and gohan, but for some reason it didn't dawn on me that I could keep looking for new ones. duh.

SevenStar
12-28-2002, 06:00 PM
yen, my bad, it wasn't mech assault, it was steel battalion. Here it is:

http://www.capcom.com/SB/

yu shan
12-28-2002, 06:19 PM
A Puerto Rican Pig Roast in central Florida, with family and friends...

Oso
12-28-2002, 06:46 PM
ok, I'll bite...what defines a Puerto Rican Pig Roast?

I'm always lookin' for new ways to burn stuff on the
grille. :D

Matt

Xebsball
12-28-2002, 08:41 PM
dude you got a nice Dao there

Oso
12-28-2002, 09:36 PM
thanks, my first truly sharp one.
funny how your awareness of where
the blade is changes when you could
potentially hack a bit of you off:eek:

Stacey
12-28-2002, 09:48 PM
I played River City Ransom with my brother. We won. Anyone beat it on hard? Its.....hard.

I got a cookbook, knitting kit, microsoft publisher, beef jerky, cash, simpson's monopoly, a bottle of good scotch, a calender and a pocket date book.

strange when you put them all together.

More importantly I gave things? Remember that? giving? A novel thought.

PHILBERT
12-29-2002, 01:12 AM
SevenStar, after ya absorb Krillen, Yamcha and Tien appear and you fight Yamcha. Then Tien kills you in the cut scene, then Cell wakes up. It's night out and he is standing there in his arena where he is holding the Cell games and he says "10 days is too long to wait for this tournament."

Chang Style Novice
12-29-2002, 06:13 AM
I gave the paintings of hands in taiji/qigong movements and postures that I originally intended for the previous Christmas, only it took a looooong time to finish them, and even looooonger for them to dry.

Oso
12-29-2002, 07:03 AM
that was cool, I saw a couple of those you posted here.

Nice work.

Matt

Chang Style Novice
12-29-2002, 07:17 AM
Thanks. I really wish I could've given them away in a timely manner, but...

Life's like that sometimes.

SevenStar
12-29-2002, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by PHILBERT
SevenStar, after ya absorb Krillen, Yamcha and Tien appear and you fight Yamcha. Then Tien kills you in the cut scene, then Cell wakes up. It's night out and he is standing there in his arena where he is holding the Cell games and he says "10 days is too long to wait for this tournament."

Yeah, I did thgat about 10 mins after my last post in this tread. The only one I have left to unlock is Hercule. I like the alternate parts of the story that weren't in DBZ, like the dream, and like Frieza killing Goku and ruling the world.

The best thing about the game is the skill shop though, and customizing fighters. I almost didn't train today messing around with that game. I've got 4 of the 7 dragon balls - they don't appear in the skill shop too often. I just keep leaving and coming back.

PHILBERT
12-29-2002, 10:58 PM
You get to play as the Great Sayiaman too by the way.

SevenStar
12-30-2002, 12:42 AM
Yeah, I saw that on one of the commercials. I'm sure that happens when I unlock Hercule. There's no shadow for him in the tournament though, so I'm assuming it's only for the story mode.

rogue
12-26-2007, 08:24 AM
And that includes Boxing Day and Chanuka.

I got a Zoom MRS-8 Multitrak Recording Studio. If you're a guitar player this thing is sweeeeet. My wife also had an old watch of mine fixed which was a really nice surprise.

MasterKiller
12-26-2007, 08:31 AM
No Kwanzaa?

Racialist, imo.

mkriii
12-26-2007, 08:37 AM
I got a laptop computer by COMPAQ, a membership to a gym, and a new kung fu uniform. My favorite is the kung fu uniform. It's black with red trim and made by Jonie Uniforms.

http://www.jonieuniforms.com/Shop/Scripts/default.asp

B-Rad
12-26-2007, 08:48 AM
Haha, I'm wearing the pants from one of those uniforms right now! Very comfortable :p

I got NHL '08 for my Xbox 360, socks, the new Pirates movie, a plate of cookies and pumpkin bread, pistachios, my late grandfather's camera, $100, and a stuffed reindeer that makes horse noises :confused:

rogue
12-26-2007, 08:56 AM
$100, and a stuffed reindeer that makes horse noises

You might have the makings of a good dirty joke if you add in something about Tijuana, a midget and start with "Three guys walk into a bar...":D

jera
12-26-2007, 09:07 AM
I got a 2004 les paul, slash standard, my entire family pitched together to buy it for me. I had a joygasm when I opened the box up.

http://www.guitargallery.com.sg/estore/images/Gibson%20LP%20SLASH-web.jpg (http://www.guitargallery.com.sg/estore/images/Gibson%20LP%20SLASH-web.jpg)

xcakid
12-26-2007, 09:46 AM
Got a couple of shirts
Pair of pants
Most of my family gave me cash though since I am unemployed at the time.
$25 gift card to Chili
3X $10 gift card to Starbucks

Pretty good haul if I do say so myself.

Lucas
12-26-2007, 10:16 AM
nothing :mad:

golden arhat
12-26-2007, 10:30 AM
WU TANG FOREVER

hahah its so good

old but good

that and the book american hardcore (no not porn) :D

RD'S Alias - 1A
12-26-2007, 11:26 AM
Rumballs, and Rootbeer :p

mok
12-26-2007, 12:03 PM
Rumballs, and Rootbeer :p

1. a Ardbeg-tartan tweed tie from the Ardbeg distillery, Islay, Scotland
2. an Aquascutum tie
3. a wool sweater

...and 4. a Mexican national team football jersey (soccer)

oh, and a bottle of Barros Port.

bodhitree
12-26-2007, 02:14 PM
Steelers sweatshirt

photo frame that holds multiple photos (good being I just got back from vacation)

two portable coffee tumblers

two bags of Duran coffee from Panama

a nice shirt

a few plain tee shirts

stp fuel line treatment

fruit basket

gift cards (visa, walmart, and cheesecake factory)

tommy cologne ( I don't wear cologne, makes me dizzy)

Mr Punch
12-26-2007, 03:11 PM
Nommuch... never done big pressies at Xmas...

A photographic calendar of my hometown (Birmingham, UK - a beautiful city with a bad press)

A posh scarf on sale (cashmere and merino)

8 CDs and the Bourne Supremacy I bought for myself and my wife and myself from ex rental stock for 250 yen each (a quid/2 bucks?)! :D

Cream Royal Danish Blue Cheese

A new phone which has good music/movie capacity, TV, TV recorder, an excellent 5.1 meg camera and a beeeeautifully crystal clear screen.

But enough...! Last and most importantly: a safe and happy first Christmas with my seven-month baby daughter filled with smiles and chuckles before she can even ask for anything or want anything! (Although needless to say we spent more on her but still not too much!) :D :D :D

Gor bless you everyone! :D

Lucas
12-26-2007, 03:16 PM
Gor blesses me every day, of course he makes me wait till I sacrafice a goat to him....

:p

sholo86
12-26-2007, 04:54 PM
Since I'm here in Korea, my boys opened my presents for me via cam. I got a miniature decorative boat/ship (for my desk) from my 6-yr old, a carpenter's measuring tape that says "#1 Dad" from my 8-yr old, and from the wifey...lots and lots of "loving" when I get home on New Years Day ;):D

Snake77
12-26-2007, 05:28 PM
Money

3 gift cards(wal mart,local book store,applebees)

Crown Royal

BlueTravesty
12-26-2007, 09:11 PM
My wife gave me:

Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition
Dragon Quest Monsters (for the DS)
A borders Gift Card
Way too friggin much Minty Chocolate. Like, seriously. I didn't even know they MADE peppermint cherry cordials. Is that legal?
"other things" :D (reciprocated!!)

Each of those mints will be worthy sacrifices to Deus Ellipticus (my pet name for the lonely elliptical trainer at the gym with a hellishly high resistance level.)

(If you must know, I got her a window-tinting for her Mazda3, a nice watch, a Teavana Tea Brewer, and some perfume... and some "other things.")

Black Jack II
12-26-2007, 10:26 PM
Hmmm,

Signed copies of NightRunners by Joe R. Lansdale, signed copies of novels by Edward Lee, John Pelan and R. Patrick Gates.

Simon and Simon Season 1
Magnum PI Season 4
Gift Certificate to Deep Discounts.com store
Gift Certificate to Graham Crackers comic shop
Gift Certificate to Borders Books
Ultraman Season 1
Johnny Quest Season 1
Thunder Cats Season 1
Hammer House of Horror's collection
A scattering of horror dvds, such as phantasm 3, Planet Terror, The Beast must Die, Demon's 1, Razorback, Monster Squad, the Brood, WestWorld, Of Uncertain Origin, some odd balls to my Bava collection.
Chuck Norris-Force of One (oddly when I requested it-this was the wrong movie-I was looking for a movie where chuck norris fights this massive serial killer.)
John Saxon the Glove. (freakin bad ass movie.)
Some Psychobilly cd's.
x-box 360's Jericho
some clothes

sanjuro_ronin
12-27-2007, 06:13 AM
http://www.budovideos.com/shop/customer/pr...urce=newsletter

Mitsuyo Maeda: The Toughest Man Who Ever Lived

Mr Punch
12-27-2007, 08:17 AM
Magnum PI Season 4...Jesus! :eek: Some inhuman swine hates your guts!

Black Jack II
12-27-2007, 12:57 PM
Jesus! Some inhuman swine hates your guts!

LMAO:D

If you can tell from part of that list, it was actually just a medium part of the list, that my tv taste runs a certain era.

Magnum PI for some reason or another, happens to be my favorite tv show of all time. Sometimes its not so much the show as when you were watching it, who with, the time and place.

bodhitree
12-27-2007, 01:45 PM
Hmmm,

Signed copies of NightRunners by Joe R. Lansdale, signed copies of novels by Edward Lee, John Pelan and R. Patrick Gates.

Simon and Simon Season 1
Magnum PI Season 4
Gift Certificate to Deep Discounts.com store
Gift Certificate to Graham Crackers comic shop
Gift Certificate to Borders Books
Ultraman Season 1
Johnny Quest Season 1
Thunder Cats Season 1
Hammer House of Horror's collection
A scattering of horror dvds, such as phantasm 3, Planet Terror, The Beast must Die, Demon's 1, Razorback, Monster Squad, the Brood, WestWorld, Of Uncertain Origin, some odd balls to my Bava collection.
Chuck Norris-Force of One (oddly when I requested it-this was the wrong movie-I was looking for a movie where chuck norris fights this massive serial killer.)
John Saxon the Glove. (freakin bad ass movie.)
Some Psychobilly cd's.
x-box 360's Jericho
some clothes

Those are some good series, where do ya get the old cartoons? I'm looking for OG transformers, maybe some other stuff

Black Jack II
12-27-2007, 02:37 PM
Try Deep Discounts.com or Amazon I believe.

SPJ
12-31-2007, 09:10 AM
1. the 3rd seasong of kung fu from david carradine.

2. gift certificate.

3. a free session of massage.

--

David Jamieson
12-31-2007, 09:34 AM
I got a 2004 les paul, slash standard, my entire family pitched together to buy it for me. I had a joygasm when I opened the box up.

http://www.guitargallery.com.sg/estore/images/Gibson%20LP%20SLASH-web.jpg

wow. I hate you! :p

The Willow Sword
01-01-2008, 09:22 AM
I'll add my own X-mas Gift pic. :)
Plays Nice with the Active pick up.
Peace,TWS

cjurakpt
01-01-2008, 12:35 PM
a very cool tea set from my step-daughter:
http://www.teavana.com/Tricolor+Teapot+Set+with+Two+Cups/cid=131/page_no=1/edp_no=5702/shop.axd/ProductDetails

from my wife, the entire Blackadder collection on DVD (lock up your sons and daughters!)

a Polo sweater and winter gloves (my mom just won't give up...)

Anthony
01-01-2008, 01:21 PM
Les Paul prices are insane (have been for a while now). I bought an 87' Custom Sunburst LP back in 89' right before the prices went sky high. Paid about a grand and change for it. Same guitar now is like 2,500 at lest. Last time I checked anyway. They've always been the most comfortable guitars to me.

I got my wife the Blackadder collection a few years back. We both love the BBC. Another great show is Brother Cadfiel. He's like a Medieval Monk/Detective.

This year I got my wife a diamond necklace. She got me one of those emergency radios that self charges and charges your cell phone, and does your laundry, etc. I've always said I wanted one. Can't be too prepared for a hurricane!

Not to stir up any sh.t but I find it odd that some people who profess that they're not religious are exchanging Christ-mas gifts. Maybe I'm ignorant but I always thought that gift giving originated with the wise men bringing gifts to Baby Jesus which would make the tradition a Religious one.

Expected response:

"YES you are ignorant you dumb sh..t, it actually originated with.....ancient.....people who......."

WinterPalm
01-01-2008, 01:34 PM
Pretty much all cultures have some form of gift giving that includes pre and post and ignorant of Christian culture. That said, the Holiday is CHRISTMAS and we give CHRISTMAS presents, and Hanakah presents...so just call them that!
I'm not religious in the slightest...but I still give Christmas presents...I'm not English but I still speak the language. I'm not Chinese but I do Kung Fu or Judo and I'm not Japanese.

That said, I got a 55pd kettlebell and an awesome office chair for my desk from my girlfriend!

AJM
01-01-2008, 02:12 PM
My lovely wife bought me a Fender FR50CE.

Anthony
01-01-2008, 02:28 PM
I don't think non-religious people are consciously following a pre-Christian tradition. I think they give gifts simply because it's just the thing to do at this time of year (and I think in our society it's because of the influence of Religion). Hence "Christ" mas gift.

RickMatz
01-01-2008, 06:54 PM
I got a sweater. What I wanted was a screamer.

David Jamieson
01-01-2008, 07:04 PM
I got a sweater. What I wanted was a screamer.

bwahahahaha

WinterPalm
01-02-2008, 10:01 AM
I don't think non-religious people are consciously following a pre-Christian tradition. I think they give gifts simply because it's just the thing to do at this time of year (and I think in our society it's because of the influence of Religion). Hence "Christ" mas gift.

Yeah, I agree.

It's also interesting how people will attach a new label to an event such as Christmas and call it a pre-christian celebration when they have no attachment to that ancient culture and no continuity with it. That said, I still think the 'holiday' has more to do with buying stuff than the actual reasons for it.

Judge Pen
01-02-2008, 10:07 AM
An onkyo surround sound receiver.

Drake
01-02-2008, 10:14 AM
My wife and I took a trip to Berlin in November and called it our X-Mas gift to each other. Other than that... nothin'.

Shaolinlueb
01-02-2008, 10:24 AM
i um, got a gift card to the mall, which i spent on the british office series, and masters of the universe and contra 4.

Becca
01-02-2008, 11:10 AM
a coffee mug from one son, a pair of ear rings from the other. About $60 worth of Sarbucks cards (4 cards totalling that amount)... and I bought myself the click-clack futon I'd been eyeing for a while when the local furnature outlet did thier after Christmas sale. It still counts as a christmas present, I think.

And, from my dad, help towing my stupid truck back to town when the water pump seized on Christmas Eve.

MSphinx
01-02-2008, 11:22 AM
My wife and I took a trip to Berlin in November and called it our X-Mas gift to each other. Other than that... nothin'.

I went to Nuremberg. It was fun. :)

banditshaw
01-02-2008, 11:33 AM
My Girl got me a Sony HD AV receiver to go with the 40'' bravia hd tv I got for myself.

I also got a PS3 with the Fifa 2008 game.
''Gonzo'' the Hunter Thompson Bio
A sweater
some shell toe adidas
a wet/dry razor.

Made out pretty good this year.

Anthony
01-02-2008, 04:26 PM
"It's also interesting how people will attach a new label to an event such as Christmas and call it a pre-christian celebration when they have no attachment to that ancient culture and no continuity with it. "

Well said.

"I still think the 'holiday' has more to do with buying stuff than the actual reasons for it. "

I think so too. At least in our "consumer" society. Other cultures are not as bad but, who knows, they might be if their economies were better. But so far, I know that meaning behind it is much more popular even with young people in Europe than here- it's almost trendy. You see so many young people in chuch, even the hooligans...lol.

It's hard to detatch yourself from the insanity and celabrate in a low-key way. But the fact that the gift-returning days are almost as crazy as "Black Friday" tells you how pointless so much of it has gotten. I feel like I have nothing to say to people when they start telling me about all the people they're buying for and how much they're spending....I feel like the crazy one for not getting swept up in it.

My point with all this was that some non-religious people like point the finger at others for going along with "the opiate of the masses," when we all can sometimes blindly (without question of why) follow the customs of society. In other words, society tells you it has to be a "diamond" engagement ring, you better get a diamond. Other countries don't do the whole "diamond" thing. That's just one example.

Not that it's a bad thing to give a Mother's Day card on "Mother's Day" rather than any other day. I guess it gives us a way to organize our lives to make us stop and think of the people in our lives.

David Jamieson
01-02-2008, 07:25 PM
living in melting pot societies or multicultural societies and spouting off about how christmas is just about jesus is rude. It's a holiday for everyone in north america and holding jesus above someone else as making you more spiritual or more on track is actual making you just as un-christian as a pagan.

dogmatic thinking is for dogs, not people.

Anthony
01-02-2008, 07:30 PM
I don't think anyone is "spouting off," so be fair. I'm simply noticing the non-religious "I'm too smart for religion" people who "spout off" (with much bitterness and rudeness mind you) about how religious people are brainwashed, etc., who then turn around and go Christmas shopping. I find it personally amusing.

I don't have a problem with how anyone else celebrates anything (to each their own).....but, If youre one of those people who's going to tell a religious person they are blindly "going along with the herd" then look at yourself first. That's my point.

1bad65
01-02-2008, 07:37 PM
It's also interesting how people will attach a new label to an event such as Christmas...

We had a family of Jehovah's Witnesses on the street I grew up on. This is exactly what they did.

sanjuro_ronin
01-03-2008, 07:03 AM
We had a family of Jehovah's Witnesses on the street I grew up on. This is exactly what they did.

What exactly did they do? since JW's don't follow any Christmas tradition, the whole "jesus wasn't born in on December 25th" thing.

1bad65
01-03-2008, 07:52 AM
They did not 'officially' celebrate Christmas, no tree, no lights, etc. The kids did get new toys around that time, but they were not Christmas gifts. :rolleyes:

sanjuro_ronin
01-03-2008, 07:57 AM
They did not 'officially' celebrate Christmas, no tree, no lights, etc. The kids did get new toys around that time, but they were not Christmas gifts. :rolleyes:

Ah, understood.
Maybe they were hanukah gifts :D

Becca
01-03-2008, 11:04 AM
They did not 'officially' celebrate Christmas, no tree, no lights, etc. The kids did get new toys around that time, but they were not Christmas gifts. :rolleyes:True. I work with a hard core Witnes. He says he goes to parties "in late December to spend time with freinds durring the time of year when people feel the need to be close. It has nothing to do with anyone's beliefes..."

The Willow Sword
01-03-2008, 11:20 AM
Yeah the JW's only celebrate Easter, i believe. No xmas, no halloween, no Birthdays even.

Its all anthropomorphized astrological pagan celebrations anyway.;)

Peace and Happy New Year, TWS

BruceSteveRoy
01-03-2008, 01:57 PM
-i got some philadelphia eagles paraphanalia including a framed picture of veterans stadium during its last year before they tore it down. :( had some good times there when i was younger.
-got some new workout clothes.
-2 new games for the wii (metroid and mario galaxy)
-a cohen brothers dvd box set
-and a sweater

pretty good haul this year.