PDA

View Full Version : marujiana (weed)

stubbs
05-01-2001, 10:46 AM
Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone else has "experimented" ;), with weed or other low level "substances".

I'm not saying you should but when I "experimented" :) I found that my chi power was the strongest it has ever felt.

any sensible comments would be appreciated.

"satisfaction loses, humility gains"

Repulsive Monkey
05-01-2001, 10:54 AM
It may feel like it feels strong but Hash can weaken the Kidneys considerably. More so even than alcohol, which is a common misunderstanding. Weed can weaken your Jing (just like excessive sex!)( and can have a detrimental effect upon your life-long quality of living.

But yes it can have temporary effects upon Qi sensations I guess due to the muscle relaxant effects.

fridgehead
05-01-2001, 10:55 AM
Hello to you all,
This is my 1st thread and I have found this one the most interesting :) so here goes. I have also found that 'taking' weed has improved my chi power and concentration, I dont know why but there must be something in it!

Oli :)

joedoe
05-02-2001, 11:36 AM
I have been told that recreational drugs, and even the heavier stuff can help you to generate better chi and attain higher spiritual levels, but because it is an artificial 'crutch' to achieving this it doesn't work in the long run.

I was always told no drugs or alcohol before training.

-------------------------------------
You have no chance to survive - make your time.

Kung Lek
05-03-2001, 08:20 AM
Only users lose drugs.

seriously though, if you want to get in touch with your self and feel the workings of yourself, you don't need any substances to do that.

all you need is yourself.

peace

Kung Lek

Tomo
05-31-2001, 03:33 PM
The taking of Ganja should not be confused with narcotics or "dangerous drugs".
In the U.S.A alone around 500 000 people die each yaer of liver failiure lung cancer and other Alchohol and Tobacco related diseases.
But in the !10 000 years of Ganja bieng harnessed by mankind not a single person has suffered from its effects.

Trust your insticts.
Let the Chi guide you.
Peace Be.

none

Sil Lum Palm
05-31-2001, 08:08 PM
Read the Tao of Bruce Lee by Davis Miller. You'll find some interesting stuff about marijuana and the Martial Arts there.
Kung Lek is right , if you want to achieve spiritual purity , you do not need drugs to show you the way. Taking drugs is in no way helpful to your body. ( except in the case of Medical Marijuana in which I strongly believe in).

bil jong
06-01-2001, 02:10 AM
NOT THAT I ENDORSE IT , BUT FOR A REAL MIND EXPLORING EXERCISE TRY LSD.

Qiman
06-01-2001, 07:06 AM
Smoking anything robs your breath. How can that be good for Chi (breath)? Pot can cause both paranoia and panic attacks. It is not a harmless substance. I still think it should be legal. :cool:

-------------------------I am fortunate to have a teacher to correct my foolish ways......Qiman

joedoe
06-01-2001, 08:35 AM
I personally never understood the whole drug thing (and I am bundling pot in there too). Admittedly I used to drink now and then when I was younger, but I never felt the urge to get into pot and harder substances.

Now I rarely even drink, so I am understanding it even less.

Having said all that, if people want to smoke pot I don't see that it is any worse than cigarettes.

cxxx[]:::::::::::>
What we do in life echoes in Eternity

fiercest tiger
06-03-2001, 12:00 AM
usually when im teaching dim ma pressure points if i work on someones lung meridian they start to have a shorten of breath and cannot do a whole form fast. thats when i know when someone has been doing drugs or they are chain smokers.

one of my old friends smoked alot of pot and i grabed him on the wrist pressure points and he passed out, and he hasnt been the same ever since. so be careful when playing around with pressure points in class time with students or friends.

:eek:

come & visit us!
http://home.iprimus.com.au/ykm
yaukungmun@hotmail.com

Fish of Fury
06-03-2001, 02:21 AM
i tried to be a chain smoker, but i could never light the *******s! (those galvanized links are fireproof)

__________________________________________________ _________________________ "I never drive faster than i can see...other than that...it's all in the reflexes" Jack Burton

shaolinboxer
06-03-2001, 10:47 PM
So many martial artists are pot smokers, it's sort of funny. Infact, it is used by many athletes to combat the pain and emotional stress of constant workouts.

The rule of smoking pot and practicing is to never smoke before a class. If you want to smoke and practice, do it on your own time. To come to class intoxicated is dangerous and insulting. And everyone knows you're high, so don't kid yourself.

Repulsive Monkey
06-03-2001, 11:05 PM
If they want to get rid of pains (presumably induced by their training or lifestyle, and not through terminla illness's etc.) then maybe they are practicing inncorrectly or their general lifestyle is below par. If Cannabis what so vital to furthering and bettering our healths (and I conclusively say that it isn't!) then it would probably already a regular costituent inside our bodies. Your level of health over a long term basis WILL NOT be improved by regular pot smoking, and bypsassing correct methologies whether it is MA or meditation or internal cultivation WILL be delayed and even hindered by repetitive/prolonged use of the/ any drug.

Eight Diagram Boxer
06-07-2001, 02:29 PM
Anyone that smokes anything somewhat regularly will suffer from it's effects- you'll have shortness of breath and the smoke does great damage to your lungs. I've also heard that smoking weed is bad for your chi flow because it lodges in your spine and impedes the flow of chi. I'm no scientist, but I don't see how weed can be beneficial to you, especially in the long run. I used to smoke fairly regularly, but I have now stopped completely, and I feel much better. Smoking is a fun experience, but it's not worth it overall to me. Different people have different experiences I guess, but it doesn't work for me anymore.

Knowing others is wisdom, Knowing the self is enlightenment- Lao Tzu

Eight Diagram Boxer
06-07-2001, 02:32 PM
Tomo:
Anyone that smokes anything somewhat regularly will suffer from it's effects- you'll have shortness of breath and the smoke does great damage to your lungs. I've also heard that smoking weed is bad for your chi flow because it lodges in your spine and impedes the flow of chi. I'm no scientist, but I don't see how weed can be beneficial to you, especially in the long run. I used to smoke fairly regularly, but I have now stopped completely, and I feel much better. Smoking is a fun experience, but it's not worth it overall to me. Different people have different experiences I guess, but it doesn't work for me anymore.

Knowing others is wisdom, Knowing the self is enlightenment- Lao Tzu

shaolinboxer
06-12-2001, 07:38 PM
It is interesting that repulsive monkey states "If Cannabis what so vital to furthering and bettering our healths (and I conclusively say that it isn't!) then it would probably already a regular costituent inside our bodies. "

Ofcourse, he's right. But the human brain has specific receptors designed to interact with tetrahydrocarbons (and ONLY THC), the part of marajuana that cause euphric and mildly hallucenogenic reactions. Therefore, it can be said that it is in our biological nature to consume this herb.

GLW
06-12-2001, 10:17 PM
Strange logic considering that many hallucinogenic drugs attach to the nerve receptors and either hypo-excite or hyper-excite them....by your logic, that would say that we are biologically predisposed to consume those things too.

Taken another way, however, the euphoria that comes from alcohol or any other substance can also be viewed as the body's cry for help. It gets confused but what is often happening is that the body is falling prey to toxic substances. Kind of like Nitrogen Narcosis that divers experience...they get REAL happy just before they DIE.

harry_the_monk
06-13-2001, 01:27 AM
I smoked weed non-stop for 15 years, day in day out, not regretting any of it, but it really wasn't at all condusive to anything positive, I'm off it now(as I am off all vices.) and I guess you only see your mistakes when you're not making them.
All it does to your mental state is confuse you as to whats happening around you, since giving up, I can get a much better result now from practising my form, and feeling my chi. The dope didn't help it at all. :D
Not being medical, relating my experience...
Peace...

shaolinboxer
06-14-2001, 08:02 PM
I am not trying to use any logic at all. It is a fact, not a logical conclusion, that there are specific receptors in the brain for THC. They have no other function, and do not bond with any other chemicals. Your statement regarding other "drugs" seems unrelated to my point. Therefore, it may seem reasonable to assume we are built to consume THC. This is not to say I condone or condemn it. It is just something to think about.

Qiman
06-15-2001, 10:52 PM
Lyle please post the study that supports your claim of THC receptors only. As a psychiatiric nurse that deals with addiction I would be very interested in reading this. It is my understaning that enzymes are the lock and key to the receptor site.

-------------------------I am fortunate to have a teacher to correct my foolish ways......Qiman

GLW
06-16-2001, 02:36 AM
"I am not trying to use any logic at all. It is a fact, not a logical conclusion, that there are specific receptors in the brain for THC. They have no other function, and do not bond with any other chemicals."

But there is a logic and a conclusion here. You take the 'fact' that there are receptors to THC and make the logical conclusion that we are biologically predisposed to use it. There may have been other things like THC or something in the distant past when man evolved that matched this receptor. We do have a large number of things in the body that are not equipped for current life...but are due to the slow pace of evolution. Tonsils and the appendix come easily to mind.

Then again, say we are 'predisposed' to it...the real question here is whether or not it is beneficial to do it. I would be interested to see if those same receptors are in cattle...they react quite well to marijuana...except ranchers call it loco weed.

"This is not to say I condone or condemn it. It is just something to think about."

Trust me, I did consider it...I also made my foray into it as a younger person...and found out the hard way that it was incompatible with training. It gave what seemed to be benefits...but if I could not achieve them without the drug, they were from the drug and not from my efforts.

I could care less what people do outside of the martial life...but I find such things incompatible with my training and I refuse to deal with it as a teacher. I have a hard enough time with people not hearing or understanding things when they are sober....much less stoned.

shaolinboxer
06-17-2001, 04:08 PM
Interaction of THC with Specific Receptors

The first THC receptor (CB1) was identified in rat brain and exhibited the characteristics for a neuromodulator receptor associated with a guanine nucleotide regulatory (G) protein. This receptor is unevenly distributed with highest concentrations in the globus pallidus, substantia nigra, pars reticulata, cerebral cortex, striatum and the molecular layers of the cerebellum and hippocampal gyrus. A second receptor (CB2) showed 44% sequence ****logy with the first and also belongs to the G protein-linked receptor superfamily. Although the CB2 receptors appear to be confined to the periphery, CB1 receptors are found both centrally and peripherally.

Repulsive Monkey
06-17-2001, 05:03 PM
Unfortunately Lyle posts like that do little to enlighten people. Why throw a load of nomenclature on this forum like knowing probably knowing most people won't comprehend it? It does little to prove yourself and is of little credence to most. In short stop showing off! People would be convinced if you could of put it across coomprehensively, but you have failed here unfortunately.

shaolinboxer
06-17-2001, 05:57 PM
I chose this post because the person who requested it identified themselves a a psychiatric nurse.

It lists the scientific names for the particular receptors we are discussing, and so I thought it was most applicable.

A google search for "THC receptors" will list dozens of related links. However, it is hard to distinguish which articles are the most reliable and therefore I chose to only include a paragraph identifying the minimal scientific details (naming the recptors CB1 and CB2) so that whom ever is interested my conduct their own research.

I am not trying to convince anyone of anything, but merely repeating a scientific fact. If you are intimidated by the nomenclature...read up.

GLW
06-17-2001, 06:37 PM
Lyle,

interesting...but is this the chicken or the egg.

If there is a biological predisposition to something....say a pain killer or food substance...and then a plant develops something in its stucture that maps to that receptor, would not that plant stand a better chance of being ingested, then having its seeds distributed around in a broader area...?

There are many instances of this type of thing...even as simple as certain types of flowers attracting more bees than others..by color, fragrance....

So, the question to me is do those receptors exist because of a predisposition for THC...or is this a case of "similar mapping" that ties to an older biological transmitter that Cannabis mimmicked or developed to improve its chances of seed spread and survival.

Ain't adaptive evolution interesting...

shaolinboxer
06-17-2001, 07:33 PM
I see what you are saying.

Very interesting.

OdderMensch
06-18-2001, 09:12 PM
and i am going mostly from second hand info on the recepor part but....

it was once explained to me that it is quite normal to find the receptor for a cemical in the brain long before finding out what produces that cemical in the brain.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> So, the question to me is do those receptors exist because of a predisposition for THC...or is this a case of "similar mapping" that ties to an older biological transmitter that Cannabis mimmicked or developed to improve its chances of seed spread and survival.

[/quote]
canibis is one of the most "clever" plants on this planet. it grows on all but one continent < antartica duh ;) > and is one of the few plants that can generate its own heat <along with orcids>

it has also been in the human botanical registry for as long as we've kept records of such things. You can eat the seeds, wear he fibers and smoke the flowers :D .

as for useing it for health that would depend on the individual. If you are in a high stress lifestyle then kicking back with a "jay" at the end of the week might be just the ticket for relaxation. But smokeing all day, every day for a few years (hell a few weeks) is bound to cause problems. But is is far "heathier" than say crack or tabacoo, even if it becomes a habit.

there is also a growing accepence of its medical vaule in pain managment, nausea and other disorders. if you are the type of person that takes a few ibuprofian a day for head aches, some pepto for indigestion and cafine and alcohol to wake up or fall asleep, then i would argue a "bong hit a day, keeps the docter away."

but if your into the all natural, healthy food, exercise, good night sleep method, then bully for you! You will likely live a long and fruitful life.

however i found in early collage that my government, the one i trusted, the one i still love, lied to me and all my friends for years in a foolish propoganda war that i did not even see. Many highly inteligent people still belive the "myths" about pot <why here's a story from Florida. A young boy smokes a reefer and kills his entire family with an axe! :eek: >

also many good people smoke pot and are so afraid <rightly> of the drug war that they allow for attrocteys to occour on a regular basis. the key to countering the "drug war lie" is education and research. Only by exposeing ourselves and our children to the facts can we be called a "free nation"

I am ashamed that the country my forefathers died to protect, that won the freedom of many with blood, pain and tears, that is meant to be the greatest, freest nation on earth, would stop me from growing and useing certain plants in my own home. Its stupid, its wrong and i'l fight it to my dieing breath.

"a prohibition, the reasons for whichwe do not underrstand or admit, is almost a command not only for the stubborn but also for those who thirst fo knowege: one risks and experiment to find out why the prohibition was enacted.....such a prohibition as "thou shalt not steal" or "thou shalt not kill" presented without reasons, would have a harmful rather than a useful efect."
-Nietzche

chiman
06-19-2001, 11:28 PM
Find balance between practice and the dank. That is different for everybody.Some won't smoke anything, some can. People have different constitutions and circumstancs so intoxicants will have different effects. Weed isn't bad or good.

Understand yourself.

amitabha

Qiman
06-20-2001, 02:39 AM
Hey Chiman, bad choice of screen name. :eek:

chiman
06-20-2001, 10:55 PM
I am not wavering by your suggestion that it is a bad screen name. My Shifu gave me this name some years ago so I'm not planning on changing it.

I believe the spelling differences will make people aware that we are not the same person. There is also our profiles to clear up any misunderstanding.

amitbha

"Watch the Eight
Diagram smash the
diaphragm"

wisdom mind
06-21-2001, 09:54 PM
use with proper approach...

more knowedge more overstanding

weed is not for everyone, if it does jive with your program then find the proper strains, just like dit da jow, many types of izm exist, also
smoking is not the best method of delivery, eating it is, try culinary arts with your erbz, its a different thang

dont get me wrong this is not a new method - cypress hill

burn one

wisdom mind
06-21-2001, 09:58 PM
lsd is baaaaad

if you must trip go for shrooms, its effects lasts less time and is not so likely to freak a weak mind out.

E long term useage can give you parkinsons... sure you may feel reeeeeal nice but down the road you will feel burnout and prolonged use will rot your brain, no contest

if you do ketamine/special K then you deserve what you get same with H or cocaine....

peace

mad taoist
06-24-2001, 05:39 PM
repulsive monkey where did you get your info ? am curious is all. And does that apply to hash or marijuana flowers, as they are different.

Personally, I find marijuana helps with concentration and qi buildup ... I do feel like I am 'cheating' in a way ;P

However ... I feel there are much more damaging things to your body ... soft drinks being one of them, alcohol, commerical tobacco, etc et al.

'If we do not go within, we go without'.

GeneChing
06-28-2001, 01:28 AM
I heard an interview with the author on NPR - Pollan I think it was. TBOD is a new book that examines man's effects on the evolution of four plants: apples, tulips, potatos, and marijuana. He is interview was really insightful and I plan to check it out as soon as I finish what I'm reading now.

Gene Ching
Asst. Publisher
Kungfu Qigong Magazine & www.KUNGFUmagazine.com (http://www.KUNGFUmagazine.com)

Kristoffer
07-03-2001, 12:56 PM
drugs = bad

stop fooling yourself. If u are a martial artist who takes drugs then I think you can just go **** yourself or something. :mad: you give MA a bad rep.

~K~
"maybe not in combat..... but think of the chicks man, the chicks!"

stubbs
07-03-2001, 02:32 PM
i dont smoke tobbacco or weed but i do eat or chew it. i'm not an every day user but like once every 2 months or so i "relax" with my mates. alot of the replys here are refering to lung damage which would not apply to eating it.
i am fit and healthy (last night i did a 10 mile run with lots of steep up-hill roads!) but i would like to know the proven disadvantages and advantagtes of taking it in moderation without smoking it. i wouldn't take pills because you never know what your going to get but i do take weed because it is a natural plant which has been used for hundreds of years with know apparent defects. eating it is no worse than smoking tabbacco, drinking alcohol, or eating an unhealthy diet, with everything i think its all things in moderation and i personaly think weed is a tivial illegality. any further proven evidence of effects is welcome.

Repulsive Monkey
07-03-2001, 02:41 PM
would Im sure recognise the side effects of "munchies" as being an imbalance in the body and thus affecting the Gu Qi of the Stomach and Spleen uncessarily. This can be got by Hash entering into the body in a spliff or any other way. The unntaural effect upon the Spleen can then affect the clarity of the mind as the Spleen raises the Qi to help clear the head. If its alteration to the metabolism affects general transportation and transformation of any bodily essences or matters, then again the Hash has had an unnatural effect upon the Spleen. I do appreciate that most people think of it primarliy as detrimental tyo the Lungs, but it's whole effect upon the endrocrine system is a more note worthy area to consider.
Due to the effects it can have on the Spleen I fail to see how intention can be increased upon through getting stoned and doing energy work. Hash's indulgent pull towards the emotional staifactions that it can produce hardly seem like the conditions needed to empty the mind of desire, and produce a still, silent receptive mind.

Repulsive Monkey
07-03-2001, 02:57 PM
should be avoided from a Chinese Medicine point of view. Mushrooms, Acid , Peyote as it has a veri detrimental affect upon the Liver's spirit the Hun. Each time you push trip you push this spirit essence out of the body and thus experience the effect of being outside or beyond your normal realm of perception. Constant aggravtion of pushing the hun out of the residency of the Liver can eventuallt leave it outside an unable to return properly, hence becoming an acid casualty. The sense that someone isn't really inside themselves, they've "lost it".

GeneChing
07-10-2001, 10:42 AM
It was very interesting, but a little tainted by stony digressions. He made some great points, and had a lot of good research. Think I'll read the potato chapter next, since my wife just planted some. So far, I'd only recommend it to gardeners - Botany of Desire by Pollan.

There is actually quite a bit of evidence on marijuana usage in China. Some of the earliest usage is attributed to Taoist shamans. Mushroom usage is also documented. Remember, China is a culture that really understands the power of herbs and plants. Wild pot grows all over China, but its unseparated and mainly cultivated for hemp. However, I hear some of the southern provinces have more tropical crops. Bruce Lee allegedly ate it and it appears on his death report, but not as the cause. The chinese word is Da Ma, but I remember some activists trying to market just Ma (the character) as a logo. Ma alone could mean completely other things.

Gene Ching
Asst. Publisher
Kungfu Qigong Magazine & www.KUNGFUmagazine.com (http://www.KUNGFUmagazine.com)

shaolinboxer
07-10-2001, 07:17 PM
It is obvious that the Chinese have a lot to say about herbs, but do they really understand them?

The Japanese experimented quite a bit with Chinese herbal methods and dimissed most of them as useless, in favor of more "western" techniques.

My first real sifu was treated herbally for his health and died miserably.

When it comes to chinese herbal medicine, I wash it down with a healthy dose of skepticism.

However, I do not think that it should be dismissed.

passingthru
07-10-2001, 08:23 PM
and mind, your chi will not need weed to become stronger. It's a false strength anyhow. It's like someone taking a drink to relax. It's a dependency, hence a weakness. If you need weed in order to release your energy and help it to flow, then your training is incorrect to begin with, and growth is stunted. Please be careful.
passingthru

GLW
07-11-2001, 12:51 AM
The problem with a lot of people treating others with herbs is that many DO NOT understand them.

The training for herbology is long and a specialty in Chinese Medicine. Few know it as well as they should. Every prescription is individualized....or should be.

However, many who claim to be TCM doctors are not qualified. Many have not even received formal training. In China, they would not even be allowed to be barefoot doctors (paramedics of a sort). But, there is a lot of BS from them.

Many know a handful of precriptions and use them for everyone...and this is bad.

But, I have had GOOD herbal treatment for colds, flu, improving my immune system, and strengthening my system due to asthma. From a good doctor, it DOES work. However, that doctor saw me, did diagnosis, and then took a while to do the prescription. Anywhere from 20 minutes for the easy stuff to several days for the tonifying things...just to formulate the prescription. Then the actual fixup of the tonic or the decoction took a good while.

AND, the problem is that you never know the level of the doctor unless you have some way to get to the REAL information. The good one I have was one of the founding doctors and professors of TCM for the second largest TCM college in China....but many claim such level and are not anywhere close.

ashes
07-21-2001, 07:26 PM
Hey,

I didn't read all the posts, but here's my two cents worth about smoking and training MA... I've done it often enough, but would never let this replace my regular training. My body's more relaxed, and my mind is not thinking as much, so my body memory is used more. Often my forms will be smoother and more exact -- but not for long, usually only a couple of repetitions before I get tired. My attention to detail isn't as good either, so I wouldn't want to consistently practice stoned and end up with my body remembering an inexact form.
I'd never go to class after smoking though, it'd be just the same as going to class after drinking. 'Twould be disrespectful to my teacher, and the other students, and mysel

kungfu cowboy
07-31-2001, 03:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> The Chinese would Im sure recognise the side effects of "munchies" as being an imbalance in the body and thus affecting the Gu Qi of the Stomach and Spleen uncessarily [/quote]

Actually, this pheneomenon may be culture-specific. For example, it is generally true for North Americans, but weed is regarded as an appetite suppressant to Jamaicans, so they have the opposite effect. It would be interesting to see if there is any difference in TCM diagnosis because of this.

weakstudent
08-03-2001, 12:44 AM
well is qi gong based on breathing, now how would
smoking and the key word is smoking weed help your chi. i've smoked for a long time and recently stopped. i've been smoke free for a month
and i feel the difference for the better. not only that but weed can become addictive and how can that be good for you.as to weed helping your chi if it does then way hasn't any sifu of qi gong endores it. if anyone knows of a sifu that does i would like to know him and learn more about it.

nelson

Nexus
08-03-2001, 01:03 AM
It doesn't help your taijiquan, maybe you feel more relaxed, but usually you will feel more tired as well. And in fact the effects of short term memory loss make learning forms difficult. Also it can cloud the mind, making it difficult to maintain a sense of inner clarity.

But do what you wan't to do! Its your training on the line.

- Nexus

Freedom is what you do with what is done to you. - Sartres

stubbs
08-04-2001, 11:05 PM
weed isn't physicaly addictive. when smoking it the nicotine makes it addictive, and people that are addicted to it are only so because they like it e.g. people become addicted to a certain food, or sport or hobby, not because they physicaly think they need it, but because they enjoy it so they go back for more.

i personaly have found benifits from weed, i don't smoke it but i chew it so it doesn't affect my lungs.

i think one good example of a weed user was Bruce Lee, and it didn't seem to do him any harm.

either way these posts had shown some interesting views and research on the subject.

what does everyone think about the acceptance from certain areas recently, e.g. in london, where the police don't really care because it's a waste of resources for each case(about 10hours worth of paperwork and investigation used to be wasted per case). and portugal, i've heard they've released the bans on drugs from canabis to lsd, personaly i don't agree with the legalisation of pills dues to the fact they kill alot of teenagers in clubs and other areas.

what do you think?

"satisfaction loses,and humility gains"

TjD
08-05-2001, 07:22 PM
well, ive never smoked anything (im not down with putting ash in my lungs - not good for the kung fu + definately not good for the lungs no matter what pot smokers say... their endurance sucks!)

but i heard about using marijuana as tea, boil some water, chop up the leaves and let it soak for awhile... supposedly it tastes good and still gets you high :)

i would imagine this would be a lot better than smoking... anyone had any experiences with that?

Receive what comes, Escort what leaves, and if there is an opening, rush in

OdderMensch
08-06-2001, 09:39 PM
from what I know is not water soliable(sp? able to disolve in water :) ) So i dont know how well tea would work. Many medical users get it in the form of "brownies" mixing the weed with butter at tempature. However this lacks the imediecey of smokeing, and is right ou for nausea sufferers.

There is something called a vaporizer, it seems that the point at witch THC "breaks off" is a bit lower than the point of combustion of the leaf. So is ou heat it to that point you get all the "good stuff" without ever "burning" the plant.

A better solution for here in he states, imho, would be legalization and comercial growing of high potency herb. That way people who WANT to smoke can enjoy the same benifts with much less harm from burning plant matter.

I mean this is a free country and all.

TjD
08-06-2001, 10:03 PM
oh no that would be impossible :) the war on drugs's propaganda machine has perpetuated itself to a point where theres no turning back :) hahaha yea i sounded like a hippie

anyhow that would be the SMART thing to do, but our gov't rarely does that

i dont even smoke the stuff and i would totally rather have it legal... i dont think too many people go home, get high and beat their wife and children

also i know it helps a lot of anal retentive people (tight asses if you will)/obsessive compulsive people deal with their stress and loosen up a bit - and if i've learned anything from kung fu and bhuddism, relaxing is a good thing!

why our gov't has no problem with alcohol - which can make people violent and is a leading cause of rape in our country; yet thinks marijuana is something like a cardinal sin - is totally beyond me

i live in a fraternity and i deal with the reality of alcohol on an almost daily basis (at least it seems that way :D )... we throw parties and i know what dumb people do on alcohol, people get dumb, and violent

we've never had a problem with anyone who got too high and started to get violent :) (and i see a lot of that too), people just get dumb and lay around with the munchies

**edit**
i see a lot of people getting high - not people getting high and violent :)
**end edit**

bah ill end my legalize pot rant now

peace
trav

Receive what comes, Escort what leaves, and if there is an opening, rush in

stubbs
09-20-2001, 12:40 AM
i'm not sure about the tea because supposibly(sp?) weed needs fat to get absorbed in the body, thats why brownies are often used.

just out of interest, how much does an eigth cost in the states or where ever you're from?

yenhoi
09-20-2001, 08:22 PM
if your buying to consume: 40-60 $$

buying to sell: depends on your deal and quantity, anywhere from 20 - 50 $$ (for suckers.)

hope that helps.

etc

strike!

stubbs
09-21-2001, 10:01 AM
$40 - $60 !!! in england it only cost £10 for resin! and maybe £20/£15 for skunk, is that 40-60 for something special, like orange haze or squidgey black, personaly i've never tried that stuff and dont intend to, i dont like the idea of my eyesight going orange!!

sultanpro
09-23-2001, 01:43 AM
i never smoke before i train, but the other day i blazed a huge cannon before i started, i trained for 3 hours, my daily form routine only lasts about 1h, so go figure.

also toronto sacks-25$-30$

skard

MoQ
09-24-2001, 11:49 PM
Some folks don't seem to realize that their opinions only go for them and people like them. It bugs me to think that they want to force on others... and no one believes they CARE...

Say, what's IN those 3ft bamboo bongs those Taoist priests are puffin' on?? I wonder if friggin' Taoist HERMITS gave 2 ****z WHAT fools think??? :confused:

uki
10-05-2008, 08:43 PM
Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone else has "experimented" ;), with weed or other low level "substances".

I'm not saying you should but when I "experimented" :) I found that my chi power was the strongest it has ever felt.

"satisfaction loses, humility gains"marijuana is one of natures gifts to mankind... respect it, use it, grow with it.

unkokusai
10-06-2008, 09:49 AM
marijuana is one of natures gifts to mankind... respect it, use it, grow with it.

Oh, this explains all your ridiculous posts.

SimonM
10-06-2008, 10:25 AM
Hi guys,

I don't believe in Qi.

uki
10-06-2008, 09:07 PM
I don't believe in Qi.do you believe in anything?

unkokusai
10-06-2008, 09:34 PM
do you believe in anything?

I believe you are an idiot.

cjurakpt
10-06-2008, 09:59 PM
I don't believe in Qi.

In Russia, Qi doesn't believe in you!

uki
10-07-2008, 04:10 AM
I believe you are an idiot.well thats a start.

SimonM
10-07-2008, 10:18 AM
I believe that reason can help to make the world a more compassionate place.
I believe that compassion is right.
I believe that religion is not a necessary prerequisite to morality.

In short there are things I do believe in... but most of them are things that can be verified.

I also believe there are no gods.

This can not be verified as it is a position on what is called a non-disprovable idea.

However I stand by it anyway.

GreenCloudCLF
10-11-2008, 03:28 PM
See potheads are so scattered they cannot stay on one thread dedicated to their drug use. They need to use 2 threads...

SimonM
10-14-2008, 06:47 AM
Come on GCCLF, threads go off-topic all the time regardless of the topic and participants. You know that.

And because I always post from work I never post stoned. Because the closest to a drug I will EVER get while at work is coffee and advil.

QiFlowMaster
10-14-2008, 10:22 AM
Hi Simon,

This is not an attack, just a neutral question:

If you don't believe in Qi, why do you practice Qigong? I'm assuming you do practice, since you are posting in the Qigong/Meditation forum.

Regards,
QiFlowMaster

cjurakpt
10-14-2008, 06:18 PM
Hi Simon,

If you don't believe in Qi, why do you practice Qigong? I'm assuming you do practice, since you are posting in the Qigong/Meditation forum.

Regards,
QiFlowMaster

being in the same camp as Simon (practice qigong, but skeptical towards "qi" as an actual "thing"), I'll take a stab at this:

it's not a question of disbelieving in "qi", it's a question of what "qi" actually is and is not; in other words, many people believe that "qi" is a separate, quantifiable, observable "thing", a discreet force similar to the way electricity, heat, magnetism, gravity, etc. are discreet phenomena; as such, they believe that "qi" can be measured by just the right machine, or that showing how someone intentionally projecting "qi" can have an effect on other types of living matter (plants, people)

then there is the perspective I subscribe to, which is that "qi" is not a thing, but a descriptor used in Chinese culture to describe functional interrelationships within the body and with its environment; it is a descriptor developed over many centuries based on observation of how the body functions in health and disease, in context of Taoist metaphorical theory (e.g. - internal body landscape, 5 element theory, etc.); not having the technology to directly view structure and function at the level first available in the 19th & 20th centuries, "qi" is used to organize and predict the often non-linear manner in which body / organ systems interact, on their own, when dysfunctional and when receiving treatment

therefore, when looking at qigong, what we are considering are the effects of movement, breathing and visualization on the human organism; IMPE, having subjectively practiced various qigong, including Micro / macro orbits, muscle change, six healing sounds, and other Complete Reality, Dragon Gate Sect sequences (just to give you an idea of my background for correlation), I have subjectively experienced numerous things "internally"; now, I could have simply attributed all these experiences to "qi"; however, as a medical professional (PT), my personal interest has been to correlate my internal subjective experience with current understanding of anatomy / physiology; what I believe is that what I have experienced thus far is fully describable via that understanding; as such, since I have come across no experience that completely defies current knowledge, I do not feel the need to qualify my experiences in terms of "qi"; not that, as a system, it is incorrect per se, and I certainly disparage no one's judicious use of it, but I simply do not think it is necessarily required to describe the internal effects in terms of "qi" at this juncture; personally, my feeling is that if I am able to substantiate qigong based on contemporary understanding, it does not nullify the "old" way, it actually strengthens it, because it verifies that qigong "works" based on a set of criteria that were not around when it was "created"!

so again, if I feel certain things happening internally when I practice micro orbit, I ca use the classical "dragons ascending in the field" imagery; or, I can assess it from the stand point of autonomic nervous system function in context of postural organization and respiratory function; now, some will say that doing so from the second perspective makes the practice loose it's essence, to describe it "only" from this perspective is inherently limited; I disagree - just because I describe something from so-called western perspective does not cause me to loose my admiration for it, my sense of awe - to me, the way we organize posturally in gravity is an amazing, complex and multi-layered process that one can explore in great depth and derive significant understanding about many things not directly related to it!

anyway, I just feel that the "supremacy" of "qi" as a concept in regards to qigong is something that must be questioned strenuously - so-called 'western" science is more than up to the task of describing what goes on w/qigong practice, but it requires thinking about it a certain way, a way that I personally have invested a great deal of time in with just that purpose in mind

I don't know if this answers your question, but, given the degree of equanimity with which you posted your question, I am certainly happy to correspond with you on the matter; please contribute any thoughts you have on the matter (and hopefully Simon will chime in as well)

SimonM
10-15-2008, 12:08 PM
Hi Simon,

Regards,
QiFlowMaster

I practice Iron Thread... which is an excelent form of isodynamic exercise nicely packaged with a form of meditation.

Furthermore meditation, as an activity, is one that has absolutely nothing to do with Qi and as you pointed out: this is the Qigong/Meditation forum. I have practiced various forms of meditation for over 20 years.

As far as I am concerned Qigong represents nothing more than a category of controlled breathing meditative activities and exercises which have been mystified by the combinations of poor translation of Chinese concepts such as "breath" (qi) and adherence to pre-scientific paradigms by martial arts and religious instructors.

I also do not believe in the internal/external divide and yet I will post about Xingyi in the internal arts forum since that is where topical posts on this style, which I have practiced, are.

uki
10-15-2008, 04:24 PM
As far as I am concerned Qigong represents nothing more than a category of controlled breathing meditative activities and exercises which have been mystified by the combinations of poor translation of Chinese concepts such as "breath" (qi) and adherence to pre-scientific paradigms by martial arts and religious instructors.in other words, until there is satisfactory proof of the existence of qi beyond your limited comprehension, you will ultimately deny it's existence because you lack the capability to believe otherwise...

SimonM
10-16-2008, 05:28 AM
I do lack the ability to blindly believe in phenomena that can not be objectively demonstrated to exist especially when the reputed consequences of those phenomena can be explained more easily by the actions of phenomena that can be objectively demonstrated to exist.

We call that clear thinking.

sanjuro_ronin
10-16-2008, 06:26 AM
I do lack the ability to blindly believe in phenomena that can not be objectively demonstrated to exist especially when the reputed consequences of those phenomena can be explained more easily by the actions of phenomena that can be objectively demonstrated to exist.

We call that clear thinking.

Someone has just toe kicked the prostate gland !

uki
10-16-2008, 11:14 AM
Someone has just toe kicked the prostate gland !maybe yours...:D

SimonM
10-16-2008, 12:17 PM
Ah, the much maligned "I'm rubber, you're glue" defense.

Real grown-up of you Uki. :p

uki
10-16-2008, 01:36 PM
Real grown-up of you Uki.growing up is for people growing old...

sanjuro_ronin
10-16-2008, 01:44 PM
maybe yours...:D

KINKY....:p

uki
10-16-2008, 05:14 PM
KINKY....:pso you like a little toe tickling of the prostate do ya?

SimonM
10-17-2008, 05:45 AM
growing up is for people growing old...

Ok Peter Pan... :rolleyes:

uki
10-17-2008, 01:34 PM
Ok Peter Pan...hey it's working for me too!!!

Liddel
10-18-2008, 07:11 PM
I know this is late in the game and i havent had time to read every page and
not that i would baze up before training, im there to learn and be physical...BUT

I too have felt that my chi has improved after a toke and i put it down to being more relaxed and believe it or not, being MORE focused.

More focused in the sence that i can only really concentrate on one thing per se so my mind isnt overthinking on several components to creating power etc :D the relaxation breeds fluidity..

And to the "harmfull for lungs" POV some have out there...you can use vapourisers that dont harm the lungs but your Kidneys will still suffer from THC in the blood....

Weed for thought :D

uki
10-18-2008, 07:13 PM
I know this is late in the game and i havent had time to read every page and
not that i would baze up before training, im there to learn and be physical...BUT

I too have felt that my chi has improved after a toke and i put it down to being more relaxed and believe it or not, being MORE focused.

More focused in the sence that i can only really concentrate on one thing per se so my mind isnt overthinking on several components to creating power etc :D the relaxation breeds fluidity..

And to the "harmfull for lungs" POV some have out there...you can use vapourisers that dont harm the lungs but your Kidneys will still suffer from THC in the blood....

Weed for thought :Dhonesty is a virtue...