PDA

View Full Version : Gorilla Style Martial Arts

hskwarrior
12-29-2007, 04:07 PM
I found this on youtube and wanted to know how many people saw this too?

what do you think?

Gorilla Style Martial Arts (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdgqPU1gVEk)

mickey
12-29-2007, 05:29 PM
Greetings,

So you don't want to be the first to trash this guy? :)

The downward circular block that he uses allows for a straight line strike to the jaw. His arm actually moves away from lines of attack and then comes back to it. That is just too much opportunity and too much heaven for a fighter. He won't be able to trap the arm because he will be knocked out.

In my opinion, the guy has a theory and he really needs more real time (fighting) to see if that stuff works.

mickey

lkfmdc
12-29-2007, 06:16 PM
TungBei is supposed to be an "ape based" system (or so they say)

There is teh Baahk Yun (white ape) also

the concept isn't completely ridiculous......

The Xia
12-30-2007, 12:05 AM
Wasn't there a thread on this guy in the main forum?

Eddie
12-30-2007, 03:31 AM
we get capped with bandwidth down here, and ive reached my cap for the month, so i cant open video files untill the new year. Is that the guy claiming the style to be african?

Puleeeeeeze!!

What a joke

CLFLPstudent
12-30-2007, 07:39 AM
I can't figure out if he misspelled his name ( NUBAINKING instead of NUBIANKING) or he is claiming to be the king of a synthetic opioid (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nubain).

Either way, he is claiming to be the founder of Gorilla Style, so that about sums up the whole thing :cool:

-David

hskwarrior
12-30-2007, 11:21 AM
easy peasy..........black folks always call themselves "NUBIAN" kings or queens.

To me the really sad thing is the guy puts his thumbs inside his palm where he could break his hands when striking. IDK why he'd punch like that.....maybe cause hethinks thats how the gorilla would strike......but either way the guy looks like a dance major.

HOKPAIWES
12-30-2007, 11:44 AM
I only watched the first 6 min of the video, I liked what I saw very much and that fellow is large enough to make his stuff really hurt.

David Jamieson
12-30-2007, 12:49 PM
structure looks like it could use work and like anything else I get irked when guys study a couple of years of kungfu or karate somewhere then turn it into african ma or hebrew ma or brazillian and so on.

Call it what it is and it gets more credibility.

tong bei is "through the back" boxing but is associated with "ape" more often tahn not.

I've heard of white ape as well, but have never seen any.

the video shown looks like a bit of a hodge podge of stuff with clear shaolin flavours.

the guy it is in reply to is clearly superior in ability and skill. No offense intended, just an observation.

don't call a parakeet a duck. It's not a duck, it's a parakeet.

CLFLPstudent
12-30-2007, 01:12 PM
easy peasy..........black folks always call themselves "NUBIAN" kings or queens.

I know that, I was just making a joke. I am pretty sure he misspelled NUBIAN, but it's funny that NUBAIN is a form of synthetic opioid.

To me the really sad thing is the guy puts his thumbs inside his palm where he could break his hands when striking. IDK why he'd punch like that.....maybe cause hethinks thats how the gorilla would strike......but either way the guy looks like a dance major.

I know - I would imagine he hasn't hit anything too hard with his thumbs that way, otherwise he wouldn't hold them there.

-David

Shaolindynasty
12-31-2007, 10:35 AM
Didn't watch the vid but we have a "white ape" form. I haven't learned it though

mok
12-31-2007, 11:55 AM
Can't comment on the vid either...

That said other than Tong Bei doesn't Bak Hok also have "ape" movements in it ? (or was that fukkien crane instead of tibetan crane)?

jdhowland
12-31-2007, 03:52 PM
Can't comment on the vid either...

That said other than Tong Bei doesn't Bak Hok also have "ape" movements in it ? (or was that fukkien crane instead of tibetan crane)?

Bak Hok has some monkey hands and footwork. Basically kahm na grappling hands and shuffling footwork. The only ape-like creature in its supposed area of origin is the macaque.

doug maverick
12-31-2007, 04:59 PM
I found this on youtube and wanted to know how many people saw this too?

what do you think?

Gorilla Style Martial Arts (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdgqPU1gVEk)

i don't know about the style but that dude looks like a razor back who can ripp you apart.

omarthefish
01-01-2008, 02:14 PM
TungBei is supposed to be an "ape based" system (or so they say)

There is teh Baahk Yun (white ape) also

the concept isn't completely ridiculous......

Actually...I'm pretty sure that those two are the same style, full name "bai yuan tong bei" or "White Ape Tongbei".

A lotta people practice it where I was living up in Xi'an. We got a big Hui population there so there's a lot of Northern Pigua and Tongbei