PDA

View Full Version : UFC fights last night

Oso
12-30-2007, 06:31 AM
I thought chuck had round 1 but silva had round 2, if not by much, and chuck had round 3 pretty solid but was a wuss (albeit a strategic one) about the last minute of the round.

GSP definitely showed hughes a thing or two.

very glad all the other fights were quick so we could see Manny fight again.

BruceSteveRoy
12-31-2007, 10:32 AM
i like to think that chuck didnt put silva away in the 3rd out of respect. i mean they are both coming off 2 consecutive losses and a knock out loss to make it three in a row makes it harder for the administration to justify bringing you back as a big name. although with all of that said its vanderlai silva and he will always be a big name. but maybe he just did it to not put a nail in the career of silva and let him walk away with something. but aside from what i would like to think it is more likely that he just didnt want to get to close to silva and run the risk of losing the fight to a last minute knock out after being ahead in the decision.

gsp beat hughes pretty badly. it was fun to watch and its definitely fair to say that hughes better days are way behind him and even if he makes it back to the top he will always be #2.

i was very disappointed with sokodjou (sp). the heavyweight fight sucked. gamburian fought well and while i like him as a fighter and respect his skill and ferocity, i am personally not a fan of his bc of his personality. but i hope that dude he fought didnt actually have his leg broken. but the fight that made it all worth paying to see was the clementi vs guillard fight. anytime i get to watch someone beat guillard i am happy. the rest of the night could have been for sh!t and i would have been a satisfied costumer. i cant stand that dude. but all in all a good ppv.

hskwarrior
12-31-2007, 04:31 PM
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=b07_1199133901

AmanuJRY
01-01-2008, 10:01 AM
I thought chuck had round 1 but silva had round 2, if not by much, and chuck had round 3 pretty solid but was a wuss (albeit a strategic one) about the last minute of the round.

GSP definitely showed hughes a thing or two.

very glad all the other fights were quick so we could see Manny fight again.

I don't like Manny, although I got to give him props....that was a good ankle lock!

...how about the first fight? that was entertaining! lol!

AmanuJRY
01-01-2008, 10:05 AM
i like to think that chuck didnt put silva away in the 3rd out of respect. i mean they are both coming off 2 consecutive losses and a knock out loss to make it three in a row makes it harder for the administration to justify bringing you back as a big name. although with all of that said its vanderlai silva and he will always be a big name. but maybe he just did it to not put a nail in the career of silva and let him walk away with something. but aside from what i would like to think it is more likely that he just didnt want to get to close to silva and run the risk of losing the fight to a last minute knock out after being ahead in the decision.

I think the latter is more true...I don't think chuck is the type to ease up.

i was very disappointed with sokodjou (sp). the heavyweight fight sucked. gamburian fought well and while i like him as a fighter and respect his skill and ferocity, i am personally not a fan of his bc of his personality. but i hope that dude he fought didnt actually have his leg broken. but the fight that made it all worth paying to see was the clementi vs guillard fight. anytime i get to watch someone beat guillard i am happy. the rest of the night could have been for sh!t and i would have been a satisfied costumer. i cant stand that dude. but all in all a good ppv.

Word!

Oso
01-01-2008, 01:40 PM
I think Chuck practiced good risk management...or at least his corner did. I think it looked like Silva had the energy to still knock Chuck out if he landed a good one so he played it cool, it just looked to much like he was running

yea, manny is abrasive but he's a good fighter.

i didn't like Tito till I saw him as a coach on TUF and now I do like him

sanjuro_ronin
01-02-2008, 06:37 AM
The Lidell and Silva fight was what I expected it to be, it could have gone either way at any time.

GSP was excellent, period.

Props to my "home boy" Mark Bocek for winning his first UFC fight.