PDA

View Full Version : Something I've really wondered about...

Radhnoti
04-03-2001, 06:01 PM
I've had a LITTLE exposure to some basic Chi ideas...circulation through the body, points on the body corresponding with internal organs. My admittedly small amount of knowledge has brought forth a question (isn't that always the way it works? :) ).
I had my appendix removed a year or so ago. This may seem silly, but does anyone know if something like this can block/slow Chi development and/or flow? The western mindset is that the appendix is unimportant, so throwing it out is no big deal...but the eastern point of view seems to be that everything is connected and important.
Any thoughts or comments about this is appreciated.

-Radhnoti

joedoe
04-04-2001, 02:06 AM
I'm no expert, but I think that basically the points kind of 'migrate'. As I said, I am no expert and I could be talking sh*t.

I don't think the appendix affects anything else though - kind of like cutting your finger nails :)

Guns don't kill people, I kill people

Braden
04-04-2001, 02:13 AM
I don't the the appendix is particularly important in the eastern tradition either. The meridians originate from and feed certain organs - but the appendix isn't one of them.

I too have had my appendix out, but I haven't had any problems. So you shouldn't worry about it.

Radhnoti
04-04-2001, 08:29 AM
Thanks for the reassurance guys. Especially glad to hear from someone who's "been there" Braden.
Thanks again.

-Radhnoti