PDA

View Full Version : opinions?

BruceSteveRoy
01-03-2008, 02:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlB4E61cukI&feature=bz302

i am curious to know what you all think about this video. i am not sure if i think its selling out or if its just good publicity and business to do this. i know ken shamrock did something similar and caught flack for it and lost a lot of respect but money is money and fans are fans. hmmm, of course it could be a result of cro cop's declining career or it could just be a publicity stunt since his japanese fan base is so huge.

1bad65
01-03-2008, 03:27 PM
It's pretty normal over there, and not considered selling out at all. Off the top of my head I know Don Frye, Dave Beneteau, and Brian Johnston did it too. I think Oleg Taktarov, Bob Sapp, and Mark Coleman have too. Ken Shamrock also worked at least one match over there vs Bart Vale.

No_Know
01-03-2008, 06:34 PM
When fans determine your money you go where you are sent. He performs and at least entertains. Respect a person for working perhaps, some-such, one might say.

No_Know

Snake77
01-03-2008, 09:24 PM
He should,ve kicked the guy in the pink polka-dot outfit directly in the face.

AmanuJRY
01-03-2008, 09:35 PM
I got a good laugh from it when SR posted it on the other thread...:D

sanjuro_ronin
01-04-2008, 05:01 AM
Japan is quite unique when it comes to "performance art".
:D

Mr Punch
01-04-2008, 05:37 AM
its just good publicity and business to do this.

When fans determine your money you go where you are sent. He performs and at least entertains. Respect a person for working perhaps, some-such, one might say.The above two quoted for truth.

He should,ve kicked the guy in the pink polka-dot outfit directly in the face.That's no guy! :eek: I'm pretty sure that's the female wrestler who used to go by the name of Asia Kong. Glad she's managed to develop such a stage persona she can now fight under her name as opposed to some ****ty racial stereotype if that's the case.