PDA

View Full Version : Taoist Sex Practices

Fu-Pow
04-13-2001, 05:13 AM
I'm sure this has been posted before...but does anyone having any information on the Taoist theory of holding in ones semen during ejaculation as not to lose "chi." I'm wondering... Is this dangerous? Does it offer some benefit? What are the mechanics of this (ie where does the semen go if not "out"?) Has anyone tried this or mastered it? Are there any books or videos on this subject? Bye the way this IS a serious post. :confused:

Fu-Pow
"If you are talking about sport that is one thing. But when you are talking about combat-as it is-well then, baby, you'd better train every part of your body" - Bruce Lee

Eight Diagram Boxer
04-15-2001, 02:57 PM
I posted in the main internal kung fu area asking the same question. I was reading the book The Great Tao by Dr. Stephen Chang where he suggests pressing between the legs on an acupuncture point right before ejaculation so the semen doesn 't leave the body but is reabsorbed. I was trying to find out if it is safe, I know it works from experience, but not if it is a safe thing to do. Let me know if you find out anything more. Thanks

Knowing others is wisdom, Knowing the self is enlightenment- Lao Tzu

Repulsive Monkey
04-22-2001, 06:09 PM
It's better just to build up one's intergrity in not climaxing and restarting the whole process as this on a long term basis make one less, say, trigger happy!!?? But the point used is Ren 1 on the Perineum. But I wouldn't go pressing any acu-point ubtil you've either read some descernable texts or gotten direct advice as that point has other functions too which in accordance to one's health might spark off other functions in the body.

sifuskafar
04-28-2001, 03:31 AM
Sexual practice is for furthering your path to the great Tao.
Find a master who is willing to teach you. It is difficult these days to find someone. This is considered to be very advanced training and very sacred.

Best of Luck

Sifu

Wongsifu
05-02-2001, 09:41 PM
I couldnt resist had to answe , this is my line of stuff ... lol

e-mail me for specific questions @
rallis@cytanet.com.cy
Its not dangerous but its not needed unless you do a lot of energy stuff , Some people get to the point of when they ejaculate they feel like they are dying cause they are so full of energy and sensitive , tey feel they have been drained.

The spunk doesnt actually go anywhere , if you can recycle it the body will just re absorb it , this happens naturally every 4 days the oldest sperms die and new ones are formed. Alternatively if you can focus nough you turn the sperm into pure energy and draw it upwards. Its easy to do in practise but take sa lot of trial and error ... a lot of ooops darn try again next time

take care
:eek:

prana
05-16-2001, 06:28 AM
If you stop enjoying your sex as it is, sex, you will discover some generated Qi in the area around prior to ejaculation. Bringing your attention and awareness and watching the sensations is actually concentrating Qi in a centralised area.

Visualise this energy being moved into your stomach chakra as energy. Refrain from ejaculating for the sake of enjoying a few measely seconds of pleasure.

In deeper tantranaya practice, your red indestructible drop is moved to the heart chakra whereby the indestructable white drop is carried downwards to unite. This unison is the creation of ultimate wisdom and as someone said before, holds to be extremely sacred. At thsi point, will not be able to make babies and your essensces are not leaked ie. no more semen.

At this point, if you make a mistake you could die as the indistructable seeds leave due to your monkey mind.

Practice seriously if you want to, otherwise dont practice at all.

What is occupying that corpse you call 'I' ?

origenx
05-17-2001, 08:04 PM
"In deeper tantranaya practice, your red indestructible drop is moved to the heart chakra whereby the indestructable white drop is carried downwards to unite. This unison is the creation of ultimate wisdom"

Well, if the risk of this is death, what is the pay-off if you do it successfully? What exactly is "ultimate wisdom"" - is that considered enlightenment?

prana
05-21-2001, 02:26 AM
originex,

Tantraic practioners, during the unison of the red and white drops, feels enlightenment in this lifetime, here and now. This experience causes all attachments to posessions to become meaningless and is a sign of poverty. It teaches, at the experience level, that all attachment to anything in this world is a cause of suffering and no longer feel the need to become. One then abandons everyday life and goes forth to perform tasks driven by unconditional love.

origenx
05-21-2001, 07:41 PM
prana - so, have you reached that stage yourself then?

prana
05-22-2001, 01:47 AM
Originex

God no. The inspiration is a great vehicle for practice. I only practice the first stage of the 6 step Naropa Yoga, aka the yoga of inner fire.

But I have had two experiences of the awakening in this lifetime, but definitely not enlightenment. Profound experiences and planted a seed in a once very skeptical individual and transformed this corpse altogether.

Though, the sad thing about meditation is, like life, and like a dream, once you step out of meditation, it all seems a memory. Diligence and perseverence is the key here, and as I said before, my teacher warned me about teaching anyone meditation...except Metta Bhamma of course

origenx
05-22-2001, 07:50 PM
prana - who's "Metta Bhamma?"

prana
05-23-2001, 01:10 AM
Sorry for not being clear....

Metta Bhamma is the practice of universal love. Loving kindness, as you may wish to call it, unconditional in the sense that you wish for all beings, to be happy, feel peace and happiness and will be free from all sufferings... and that they will be reborn in the path of perfect enlightenment.

Buddhist beliefs, infinite chain of lifes, every person you meet, encounter, all your enemies and friends have once, been your mother, in one life time or another.

In that way, selflessness as a mother would forgive to a sickened child that condems her hatefully, verbally and physically, can only return her child pure loving kindness without generating the singlest slightest hint of hatred or reaction to the child's abusive reactions.

Much the same as when Jesus showed no sign of hate to those who killed him.

Also much the same as Boddhisatuas, returning from Buddhahood to enter the realm of suffering to save other beings.

Sorry about the preaching if you dont believe Buddhist concepts.

doug maverick
05-25-2001, 04:12 PM
if u wanna read good books on taoist sex read any book by mantak chia u can't go wrong

prana
06-03-2001, 03:39 AM
I would advice against the practice of Kammamudra Yoga (similar exercise to Taoist sex practise)without the guidance of a proper teacher, as experiencing bliss via the secret chakra leads to the rebirth in the hell realms following the attachment to the secret chakra, if done improperly.

I hope none falls into this trap.

origenx
06-03-2001, 07:43 PM
prana - what is the secret chakra?

prana
06-04-2001, 01:57 AM
Genitalia chakra (associated with any consort practise)

origenx
06-04-2001, 07:11 PM
prana - so would that be the 2nd (red) chakra?

prana
06-05-2001, 01:55 AM
No, I dare not proceed to even explain the secret chakra. You have to master the control of the winds and be able to withold your Bodhimind drops before engaging in consort practises... there are great dangers of being reborn in the hell realm if done improperly.

The navel chakra is situated 3-4 fingers below your navel in front of the Spinal column, it is also multi-colored. But when I practise the yoga, I visualise it as bright red seed, as if about to explode into flames.

I think in some respects it is very similar to Qi-Gong practise (I was thought a very similar technique in Malaysia by a Qi-Gong master in Ipoh). But taking the words of the Great Grandmaster Chee, it is the same, but simply used in a different way (as opposed to in Martials Arts)....

I am reluctant to say too much as you should seek a qualified yogin that would guide you in the proper path. I do not wish to cause you any suffering or injury caused by these yogas.

prana
06-05-2001, 02:17 AM
To add to that, I havent gotten anywhere near the ability to control Bodhimind drops, let alone melt them.

Otherwise, I think I will be meditating up there with the special lineage of students that has transcended all the way from the teachings of Milarepa himself..

I wanted to warn you, just so people realise that many people don't teach these techniques without being sworn because it is extremely dangerous... and of course, not doubt used for "improper" reasons.

origenx
06-05-2001, 07:42 PM
prana - so what is your ultimate goal, if u have one? Do you believe in karma and reincarnation? I've really been wondering about such things lately - are they true or not for a fact??

prana
06-06-2001, 02:32 AM
originex...

I leave it up to you in all seriousness to believe or not believe in reincarnation. Buddha said, on one of my very first encounters of Mahayana teachings (Believe nothing "even the things he says" unless experienced yourself). You are to discover the things that Buddha has said by meditating on them yourself.

I was brought up to totally not believe in re-incarnation. However, during meditation, I have changed believes, to unbelieve, to leave open minded. In some of those experiences, lessons learnt are that the human mind is much more than we make them out to be, and yet much simpler than we expect them to be. Thoughts arise and pass away and are carried by energy that translate mnore or less to Prajna.

Still lingering in my mind what occupies the corpse that is within me, I shall not discount because I do not know, but have been verbally explained many a times, that life is caused by energy that has wandered towards the wants and the hates, and failed to remain in the very immediate current moment in time...

One thing is for sure, during a time of much meditation, I discovered that much energy is lost and remains unaccounted for, when animals are killed. They ligner around in search of their bodies. I guess it was that day onwards that I knew ( and only for myself that is ) that eating meat was wrong...and for me, it is also opening up a seed that re-incarnation is very possible.

KAMMA, I absolutely believe in. Being close to death many a times (due to certain sports), I have discovered thoughts flowing through the mind in all suddenness. Here, the nature of the minds that bothers you most are returned to you.

Also when you sleep, many a times, you awaken to find that you have lost contact with your outer shell, but are disturbed by the fear of losing your body, the way you react much mirrors your natural reaction, and all these are carved by your kamma, your actions in everyday life.

My immediate goal, I want to open a healing center, for all the sicknesses that medicine cannot heal, I would make it a free energy giving to those to just come in and at least give it a go, the way I know how... when I am better at energy transference... Whether they are healed or not, at least I know I am trying, and they benefited in a little way.

At the least, they can label me a crazy fellow, at the most, they will be planted with the seed of Buddhism... simple as that. It is also the same way one of mu sifu's changed me instantly...

Ultimately, I would like to be free from the cycle of life. So in a way, I do believe in reincarnation... :)

Nexus
07-12-2001, 11:33 PM
To prevent ejaculation naturally without the necessaity of pushing on pressure points and pressing on certain areas. In fact, the trick is to exercise the prostate on a regular basis. This is done by flexing and releasing the pc muscle. If you are unaware of what this muscle is, it is the one you tigthen when dispensing urine that stops the flow, or the one that you can tighten to cause the ***** to move up and down without actually touching the *****.

The exercise should be begin something like 50 flexes, 30 second break, and repeat up to a total of 300 flexes a day. This is good for the first two weeks to get in the habit of it. Do this type of exercise the rest of your life if not anything else. It increases your blood flow/qi flow to the ***** and is highly preventative to prostate cancer. Now this exercise will not allow you to prevent orgasms, this will only increase sensitivity and give you rock hard erections.
Do this exercise for two weeks or so before attempting the next one.

The exercise necessary to prevent ejaculation is a massage of the ***** and a pc hold. This is done by first practicing pc holds where you tigthen the pc muscle (remember pc = prostate) and hold it for 30 seconds. Do 10 of these, each with a 15-30 second break. Do these for about a month.

After a month you can usually extend from 30 seconds to a minute or whatever makes you comfortable. Don't overwork the pc though as it will leave you feeling sore for a few days, although you should know it is one of the fastest healing muscles in the entire body.

Work up to being able to do 3-4 minute holds. Once you can do a 2 minute hold though, you are ready to move on to the exercise necessary to prevent ejaculation. This one is necessary as it will condition you for actual sex. The process is this: achieve a full erection by massaging to the *****, then massage up until the point of ejaculation and then stop the massage and tighten the pc immediately. Trust me, the first few times you are REALLY going to want to let the ejaculation take place, but just bear with it. It will subside in about 20 seconds, but continue the hold for the full 3 minutes. After 3 minutes, repeat the process. Do this process 5 times a day. What is great about this is it is like having multiple orgasms. Basically the orgasm goes backwards and the whole body feels it.
In about 2 months this works like clockwork.

If you have any questions ask here in the forum for everyone. And if you were wondering, yes, I can do the above, and achieved it from almost the identical exercise I listed.

Freedom is what you do with what is done to you. - Sartres

danny from miami
07-13-2001, 01:27 AM
are u also a member of penilefitness.com?

Nexus
07-13-2001, 01:32 AM
One of the old administrators :) and a taijiquan player.

prana
07-15-2001, 04:03 AM
Interesting :)

Recognise the vivid blue lights of Lord Vairochana.
Recognise the briliant white lights of Lord Aksobhya.
Recognise the brilliant yellow lights of Lord Ratnasambhava.
Recognise the brilliant red lights of Lord Amithaba.
Recognise the pure green lights of Buddha Amoghasiddhi.

extrajoseph
07-16-2001, 11:16 AM
People interested in Taoist Qigong practices may find this article written by Howard Choy interesting or hilarious, it depends how much you know about sexual energy and how to work with it.

http://www.tai-chi-centre.com/ironcrotch.htm

He also writes about semen retention in his Qigong book, "Qigong - Feng Shui for the Body" (last chapter), you can buy it through his online shop.

Joseph

extrajoseph
07-16-2001, 12:35 PM
For people who are interested in esoteric Daoist Qigong practices this article written by Howard Choy may be of interest to you or maybe you think it is hilarious, depending on your understanding of sexual energy and how to use it.

http://www.tai-chi-centre.com/ironcrotch.htm

Choy also wrote about semen retention in his book "Qigong - Feng Shui for the Body", you can purchase a copy through his online shop.

Joseph

lloyd
07-17-2001, 05:22 PM
Maybe one can have a strong prostate even without these exercises.
Doesn't the internal practice requirement known as lift the anus and smooth buttocks give you a somewhat similar effect as the exercises described?

Nexus
07-17-2001, 11:54 PM
And of course it matters how often this exercise is practiced. If done daily, it will be effective regardless, but if you do "lift the anus" every day for a year, have intercourse and find yourself unable to prevent ejaculation then you have let yourself down in that aspect. Its really your decission, I guarantee both exercises will compliment eachother.

chessGMwannabe
08-08-2001, 08:04 AM
maybe I should start a new post for this, but how much sex is considered excessive? and even if you are using the sperm withholding techniques mentioned already, does it still drain your chi?

prana
08-09-2001, 02:28 AM
chess

The Jing :)

Medicine Buddha
om namo bhagawate hekandzyai - guru bendurya prabha andzaya - tatagataya - arhate - samyaksam buddhaya - tayata om bhekandzyai bhekandzyai - maha bhekandzyai bhekandzyai -randza samungate soha

Nexus
08-11-2001, 04:51 AM
but people may be slightly too worried about your qi being drained, as I should say that if you are a well practiced martial artist, the difference will be very small and unnoticable if you are attacked and forced to defend yourself. Its not as if you will walk out of your ladies house after a good shag and be unable to move your arms to block an attack, its just your energy will be slightly drained/less. It on the other hand will still likely be higher then the average persons as you are doing qi gong and such often.

Don't forget to have some fun in this life.

- Nexus

TaiXu
12-14-2006, 02:07 PM
http://www.amazon.com/Tao-Love-Sex-Jolan-Chang/dp/0140193383/ref=pd_bxgy_b_text_b/103-5685569-3108665

http://www.amazon.com/Sex-Health-Long-Life-Practice/dp/157062433X/sr=8-1/qid=1166129939/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/103-5685569-3108665?ie=UTF8&s=books

I can't remember which one I read but one instructs that at the point before ejaculation to place the pointer and middle finger tightly against the baihui point (between the testicles and anus) to prevent from losing jing(vital essence).

If you experience wet dreams its a sign that the demon of lust is trying to take your life or stop you from practice, at least thats what I was told. That you should abandon your desire of lust (or was it emotion of lust?). In traditional Taoism it is advised never to give up your jing. Let it take years if you have to before you give up one drop. "The one exception is when you accumulate a large amount of yin qi to supliment the yang. Women are supposed to have unlimited yin qi and men have a limited amount of yang." This is from early Taoist thought.

TaiChiBob
12-18-2006, 02:52 PM
Greetings..

If you are interested in some verifiable information.. this site is explicit and well researched.. i have found nothing that is inconsistent with my own training.. OPEN MINDED ADULTS ONLY.. there are detailed discussions of the practices suggested in this thread..

http://sivasakti.com/

The menu bar on the left will help you navigate by areas of interest..

Be well..

TenTigers
12-20-2006, 12:08 AM
How does this relate to iron palm, cinnabar palm, etc?

The Willow Sword
12-28-2006, 01:56 PM
I am wondering if these locking techniques have a negative impact on the prostate?(ie: not being able to urinate as quick as you want due to these locking methods described by Nexus).Or what about a positive impact? as in helping to shrink the prostate? The reason i ask is that when i have done certain meditative practices where i am tightening the perrenial muscles and relaxing them, i find that urinating takes a longer time. now my health in that area is fine and has been checked to make sure of this. So any insights to this would be helpful.

Peace,TWS

Zenshiite
01-02-2007, 10:38 PM
This has been on my mind recently. I've got a number of books and each gives a slightly different statement about how long after ejaculation one should refrain from practicing qigong or martial arts because of possible harm that could be done to your energy system after losing jing. I, for one, feel absolutely drained after ejaculation... though only after doing it through either self-stimulation, oral sex or "pulling out." The last book I read with anything regarding Taoist sexual practices was Deng Ming-Dao's Scholar Warrior that said to wait 24 hours after before practice. Seems to work for me, if I don't get too stressed that day after that is.

Anyone got anything else in that regard?

NJM
01-19-2007, 05:43 PM
This has been on my mind recently. I've got a number of books and each gives a slightly different statement about how long after ejaculation one should refrain from practicing qigong or martial arts because of possible harm that could be done to your energy system after losing jing. I, for one, feel absolutely drained after ejaculation... though only after doing it through either self-stimulation, oral sex or "pulling out." The last book I read with anything regarding Taoist sexual practices was Deng Ming-Dao's Scholar Warrior that said to wait 24 hours after before practice. Seems to work for me, if I don't get too stressed that day after that is.

Anyone got anything else in that regard?

Well, I believe that you can still go through the full motion of ejaculation without having to use pressure points and still not lose as much qi as you normally would. As awkward as this may sound, practice makes perfect.

Keep in mind that any "Daoist" literature other than the original deal itself is just elaboration. So don't make the mistake of following "daoist" practice that seem to contradict the original concept of Daoism. I was taught not to practice sex during a time when I regularly Qigong. I think that trying to find a way around that just wastes time, like playing out a loophole in Qi loss.

unkokusai
01-20-2007, 12:54 AM
LOL!

This is funny!

99.99999999999999999999999% of the waigouren playing at being 'taoist' because it fits some role-playing fantasy of eastern spirituality or makes them think that their rejection of their own family's faith and practices isn't as hollowing as they sense it to be, are desperate (when they even bother to learn about it) to build excuses and rationalities into the props they try to drape themselves with while not actually embracing anything of what they profess to believe.

JDK
01-20-2007, 06:13 AM
[QUOTE=JDK;733087] I was taught both in Boxing and Martial Arts that the longer one goes without sex...the stronger and more fierce one becomes.

Old Masters learned this centuries ago...Western Boxers learned it by accident.
Early Boxing Trainers quickly recognized that having wives and girlfriends at Training Camp was not only distracting...it was effecting the Boxers performance.

So they adopted the seclusion Training Camp idea to keep the fighter concentrated on little else other than the upcoming fight. In the process they came to se that the longer a fighter was not having sex...the meaner and better Fight he fought. ( Hence the famous line form the movie Rocky by his trainer "Mick" ...Women weaken legs!!!!!!! How true it is.

I have found through experience this is absolutely true.

In Martial Arts...I got the explanation as to WHY this is true. God designed our bodies to re-absorb un-used semen and send it to the Spinal Cord and strengthen the Nervous System. We all feel drained after sex. That is because our Vital Energy has been expended...and it takes about 24 hours to begin regenerating new sperm cells.
This is also why it is not a good idea to practice Chi Gong or Internal Exercises right after sex.

Remember...the entire area we are talking about in men and women is the Cradle Of Life.( from your lower abdomen to your Thigh Bones...ALOT of important functions happen !

Babies are born through the union of egg and sperm
Our Thigh Bones actually produce our Blood Supply for the Body
Our food is assimilated and digested in that area
Many exercise in the Arts teach us to concentrate on that area ( dan ten)

So....in my humble opinion through research and practice...sex should be practiced in moderation.

Have you ever met someone who was having sex almost nightly for several months ? They are drained, mellowed, tired, sometime sick, and they just dont look or feel right.

All things in moderation the Bible ( AND many other sources say)

This includes sexual Intercourse...

JD

TaiChiBob
01-22-2007, 12:46 PM
Greetings..

99.99999999999999999999999% of the waigouren playing at being 'taoist' because it fits some role-playing fantasy of eastern spirituality or makes them think that their rejection of their own family's faith and practices isn't as hollowing as they sense it to be, are desperate (when they even bother to learn about it) to build excuses and rationalities into the props they try to drape themselves with while not actually embracing anything of what they profess to believe.LOL.. and, this is someone's "opinion".. equally valid in the inverse percentile range.. speaking of funny...

That post had much more validity when it remained unposted.. the wasabi that can be tasted, is not the true wasabi..

Be well...

NJM
01-22-2007, 03:31 PM
Greetings..

LOL.. and, this is someone's "opinion".. equally valid in the inverse percentile range.. speaking of funny...

That post had much more validity when it remained unposted.. the wasabi that can be tasted, is not the true wasabi..

Be well...

If you were a sage, you wouldn't have posted that post. ;) But I'm not the sage or the common man, I'm the composite man who laughs out loud.

GeneChing
11-19-2009, 01:10 PM
...because he's a taoist master. :rolleyes:

Hong Kong truck driver seduces model using good luck ritual (http://www.monstersandcritics.com/news/asiapacific/news/article_1514223.php/Hong-Kong-truck-driver-seduces-model-using-good-luck-ritual)
Asia-Pacific News
Nov 19, 2009, 3:48 GMT

Hong Kong - A Hong Kong truck driver who convinced a model to have sex with him by claiming it was ritual that would change her luck, said he had done the same thing with several other women before, a court report said Thursday.

Au Yeung Kwok-fu, a self-proclaimed Taoist master, told the court he had performed the same ritual with six or seven women to 'change their fate' over the last 10 years.

The 55-year-old driver appeared in court Wednesday in the ongoing trial. He has pleaded not guilty to nine counts of unlawful sex by false pretence between April and December 2007, claiming the sex was part of a spiritual ritual.

The charges relate to a 19-year-old model who sought help from Au Yeung because she was struggling to get her career off the ground.

Au Yeung claimed to be a master of Taoism - an ancient Chinese belief system which promotes harmony with nature and uses meditation and rituals.

The ritual alleged to change the model's fate involved Au Yeung writing signs and words on her naked body followed by sex.

Giving evidence, Au Yeung said he had learned the ritual from a Taoist master when he was 19 years old and had spent six months in Thailand learning about Taoism.

He said the ritual lasted between 45 minutes and three hours, according to a report in the South China Morning Post.

The case continued Thursday.

Lee Chiang Po
11-19-2009, 09:06 PM
I have mastered this technique of holding back ejeculate. This can prolong your sexual prowess considerably as you will also be well able to retain your erection. Before you reach orgasm again it will be a very long time, possibly hours. You can put a lady into comma by then.
It is achieved simply by restricting the urethra just as it passes through the prostrate. In the beginning I had to flex and restrict it completely, but learned to restrict only about 5 inches of it leading through the prostrate. The semenal fluid never leaves the prostate gland actually.
This has absolutely nothing to do with Chi, Jing, or anything else other than it is purely a sexual thing. I was commonly refered to as the Reverand Lee. I led many young women to have religious experiences. They would start yelling, Oh God, I'm coming. Oh God. You know, most young women in their prime tend to be multi orgasmic. Someone should start another thread about Jelking.

AdrianK
11-19-2009, 09:32 PM
He said the ritual lasted between 45 minutes and three hours, according to a report in the South China Morning Post.

... and in reality the ritual lasted around a minute.

AdrianK
11-19-2009, 09:37 PM
Have you ever met someone who was having sex almost nightly for several months ? They are drained, mellowed, tired, sometime sick, and they just dont look or feel right.

Funny story about that actually. About a year ago I was juggling three different girls on a daily basis, having sex 2 or 3 times a day... And I was training harder in the gym than I had since I was 18...

I've never experienced being drained, mellowed, tired or sick from sexual activity.

Though an emotionally draining, nagging girlfriend with whom sex was infrequent, did that to me real quick.

TaichiMantis
11-20-2009, 11:04 AM
:eek::rolleyes:

GeneChing
11-20-2009, 11:24 AM
writing signs and words on her naked body...that can take like 44 to 2 hours and 59 minutes.

Sal Canzonieri
11-22-2009, 08:58 AM
some thoughts about stuff in this thread:

1 - Most new Western studies on having intercourse and releasing to orgasm show that men preform much better, after earlier experiencing full orgasm with heterosexual intercourse, on their on-the-job work tasks, whether it was office work, giving a presentation to an audience, public speaking, or physical work.
This was not the cause when they had used hand stimulation or non-hetero ejaculation. Some kind of hormones were released that enhanced task performance.

2 - in ancient times (centuries ago when most of this religious material was written) most likely people felt weak after ejaculating because they were weak in the first place, many people barely had enough food to eat, traveled far distances, and worked long and hard in the field. Most religious people (Taoist or other) ate once a day and that was a bit of rice with some few pieces of greens.
Not only not much sustenance for inseminating women (that's what ejaculation is for in the first place) and having a strong chance of impregnating women with strong DNA, but also it cause great constipation.
Most qigongs were developed to be done early in the morning when you needed to get the internal organs twisting and turning to start the process of getting the old stuff out.
Intercourse was generally performed at night, when it was quiet and save to do so under the cover of darkness. After that, people were used to falling asleep after intercourse and were feeling fine by morning to practice qigong again.

3 - Nocturnal emissions are caused by excess semen from not having enough intercourse. It's a necessary body function to remove old and thus damaged sperms from the body so that new ones can be made. They say that after 5 days the sperm starts to deteriorate in the body.
But, a lot of superstitious practices were developed because of celibate men (by choice or not) having nocturnal emissions.

4 - Just because you control your flow of ejaculation doesn't mean that no sperms get out, sometimes THE one strongest sperm does indeed get out and impregnates the woman. In fact the technique to bring in the correct soul for that moment in time of impregnation does in fact partly consist of first controlling ejaculation, and having intercourse using specific techniques and position so that the ONE sperm releases itself. I had met people that used this technique to get pregnant.

5 - Just because something was done in ancient times doesn't mean it was good for you necessarily.