PDA

View Full Version : Independent Shaolin kempo Organization

sk girl
01-04-2008, 01:33 PM
Independent Shaolin kempo Organization

Hey everyone!

I was looking on the net for shaolin kempo teachers in California and I thought why don't all the Villari-Ussd breakoff schools get together once or twice a year and train, test,seminars,share marketing ideas.

We could make it no monthly due fee's or black belt manuals to buy, just pay for your test's and seminars,training. Once you start nickel and dimeing people to death the greed just gets worse and your instructor's leave and start there own organization.:mad:

This what I believe happened to Ussd and Villari's and countless other karate organizations.

No head of the organization just shaolin kempo teachers getting together
(no dictator telling us what to do):D

In the next year or so I will be opening my own Dojo even though I will be teaching Ed Parker's kenpo I would like to add a Shaolin Kempo classes as well.

What do you guys think?

xcakid
01-04-2008, 03:54 PM
There is already such an organization, but it emcompasses ALL branches of Kenpo including Kajukenbo.

Kenpo Net (http://kenponet.com/)

sk girl
01-04-2008, 04:04 PM
There is already such an organization, but it emcompasses ALL branches of Kenpo including Kajukenbo.

Kenpo Net (http://kenponet.com/)

Never heard of them. Can you tell me a little about them?

Do they have ex Villari-ussd Masters with them?

sun dragon
01-05-2008, 01:49 PM
Independent Shaolin kempo Organization

Hey everyone!

I was looking on the net for shaolin kempo teachers in California and I thought why don't all the Villari-Ussd breakoff schools get together once or twice a year and train, test,seminars,share marketing ideas.

We could make it no monthly due fee's or black belt manuals to buy, just pay for your test's and seminars,training. Once you start nickel and dimeing people to death the greed just gets worse and your instructor's leave and start there own organization.:mad:

This what I believe happened to Ussd and Villari's and countless other karate organizations.

No head of the organization just shaolin kempo teachers getting together
(no dictator telling us what to do):D

In the next year or so I will be opening my own Dojo even though I will be teaching Ed Parker's kenpo I would like to add a Shaolin Kempo classes as well.

What do you guys think?

This is a very good idea sk girl:D

You could have masters come to your dojo and teach clinics, black belt tests.
New ideas on how the villari techniques work.

No more giving 80% of the money back to ussd losers.:mad:

xcakid
01-05-2008, 04:37 PM
Never heard of them. Can you tell me a little about them?

Do they have ex Villari-ussd Masters with them?

Its more of a networking board really. Kind like this one. But they keep each other in the loop on what is going on in the kenpo world.

Not many ex Villari or USSD. Most of the Shaolin Kempo people are from Ralph Castro lineage. Lots of Ed Parker and Won Hop Kuen Do(Al Dacascos style) and Kajukenbo. They post their seminar on there. Tourneys. Few people that get to know each other, and live in close proximity start a kinda of a work out group.

Remember Shaolin Kempo is only one of the offshoots from the Mitose/Chow teaching:

Won Hop Kuen Do
Kajukenbo
American Kenpo
Shaolin Kempo
Tracy Kenpo
Kempo Pai
Koshu Ryu Kenpo
And I am sure I am missing a few as well, But here the Family Tree (http://www.kenponet.com/flame/tree/c/william_chow.html)

sk girl
01-09-2008, 03:57 PM
Its more of a networking board really. Kind like this one. But they keep each other in the loop on what is going on in the kenpo world.

Not many ex Villari or USSD. Most of the Shaolin Kempo people are from Ralph Castro lineage. Lots of Ed Parker and Won Hop Kuen Do(Al Dacascos style) and Kajukenbo. They post their seminar on there. Tourneys. Few people that get to know each other, and live in close proximity start a kinda of a work out group.

Remember Shaolin Kempo is only one of the offshoots from the Mitose/Chow teaching:

Won Hop Kuen Do
Kajukenbo
American Kenpo
Shaolin Kempo
Tracy Kenpo
Kempo Pai
Koshu Ryu Kenpo
And I am sure I am missing a few as well, But here the Family Tree (http://www.kenponet.com/flame/tree/c/william_chow.html)

I looked on it and could not find any shaolin kempo teachers on there. I was thinking of a board of shaolin kempo teachers for independent sk teachers.

sun dragon
02-08-2008, 02:46 PM
I looked on it and could not find any shaolin kempo teachers on there. I was thinking of a board of shaolin kempo teachers for independent sk teachers.

I could not find any Shaolin Kempo instructors on it either.
Your best bet would be to call ex Villari and Ussd instructors and ask them to join.:)

sk girl
02-09-2008, 10:30 AM
I could not find any Shaolin Kempo instructors on it either.
Your best bet would be to call ex Villari and Ussd instructors and ask them to join.:)

Not a bad idea but I wont be adding a Villari kempo class instead I'll add a kung fu class.

Royal Dragon
02-09-2008, 10:10 PM
Why are you guys even discussing Kempo on the Shaolin forum? Shouldn't this be on the main general topic forum? This forum is for legit Shaolin styles, not modern Kempo offshoots that are completely unrelated to Shaolin.

I don't see the Hung Gar or Mantis guys posting entire threads about thier styles here, they stick to the proper forums for thier discussions.

sk girl
02-12-2008, 04:09 PM
Why are you guys even discussing Kempo on the Shaolin forum? Shouldn't this be on the main general topic forum? This forum is for legit Shaolin styles, not modern Kempo offshoots that are completely unrelated to Shaolin.

I don't see the Hung Gar or Mantis guys posting entire threads about thier styles here, they stick to the proper forums for thier discussions.

If you could move it over there that would be great!:)