PDA

View Full Version : Funny effect occur after learning QiQong

bensonnck
04-15-2001, 04:11 PM
I have encounter the following effect after learning QiQong for 2 months.Please advise whether the effect is normal or abnormal (good or bad). Should I stop the practise ?

1. During sleeping, suddently awake by slight vibration on my bed .
- I only feel bed vibrate,my mind is awake with eye open; the vibration went off only when I change my body position.

2. During sleeping, suddently awake by strong vibration of my legs, also feel vibration on my blanket
- feel a fast vibration on the blanket , it seem like the vibration conducted from my legs. I awake suddently.

3. While practise my Qi Qong, I feel ground slight vibration suddently. I lift up one leg and landed on same position, the vibration gone.That happen 2 times at difference days.
- feel the vibration like a heavy Army tanker driving on the road .Anyway, my area do have MRT (electric trains) pass by, but I have never feel the vibration all along but only the 2 occasion .

4. While sleeping, suddently awake by slight vibration on my arms.
- feel the vibration from arm to fingers( like using a electric massager ). I awake and tense but did not move my body position in order to monitor. I try to relax and feel slight vibration again. I turn to another body position and then nothing happen.

Remark: All the vibration feel good and relaxing except the fast vibration which feel good but mentally frighten. I do not notice any warm. Also, I do not sleep so sound as what I use to after learn the Qi Qong. I awake very easily by noise .
All the effects begin only when I can perform the QI VIBRATION - both legs shoulder apart, reverse breathing and draw earth Qi up to the body from legs (begining slightly vibrate our legs with muscles then Qi will take over automatically with legs relax)The whole body will vibrate quite strongly but mind is still conscious. Anytime I can stop or slow down the vibration by visualise Qi down to tan-tain then yong chuan flow to earth.

DragonStudios
04-15-2001, 07:53 PM
what is occuring sounds like a normal effect of Qigong study. Sifu Wong Kiew Kit mentions several of these phenomenon on his website. Have you spoken to your Sifu about this? If not, you should. He/she may have a "qi releasing" exercise for you to do.

Without going outside, you may know the whole world.
Without looking through the window, you may see the ways of heaven.
The ****her you go, the less you know.
--Lao Tsu

joedoe
04-16-2001, 01:36 AM
I don't know that much about Qigong, but I have heard that if the vibration is rising through the body, you should not allow the vibration to reach your head - try to direct it through to the arms.

Guns don't kill people, I kill people

Drunken Monkey
04-17-2001, 05:22 AM
what is this vibrating stuff all about, it sounds freaky to me. :confused: Abandit what would happen if it got to his head

bensonnck
04-17-2001, 02:15 PM
Thanks for the advise.BTW DragonStudios,can you provide me the wedsite address of master Wong Yiew Kit? My teacher told me that it seem to be normal and good sign .
I am learning Tai Chi QiQong, thus I think I will be able to get some answer from master Wong wedsite as he is a Tai Chi master.

DragonStudios
04-17-2001, 11:12 PM
Wong's website is...

Wong Kiew Kit's Homepage (http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/Spa/1689/) This is a good launch point. You may have to dig around, or look through some of his Q&As. He's a little slow at answering his e-mail when it comes to general questions, but he does answer Qigong questions fairly quickly. Good luck to you.

Without going outside, you may know the whole world.
Without looking through the window, you may see the ways of heaven.
The ****her you go, the less you know.
--Lao Tsu

joedoe
04-18-2001, 06:14 AM
Drunken Monkey,

As I said, I don't know much about Qigong, but I think it had something to do with not allowing the energy to reach the brain otherwise it can eventually lead to madness or something. I can't remember. I could be wrong.

The vibration is kind of normal for energy related things - I get Reiki treatments and occasionally get vibrations during the treatment.

Guns don't kill people, I kill people

Shaolin Master
04-18-2001, 06:42 AM
Energy to brain etc.....hehe I think you are referring to :
" Jau Fo Yap Mo "
Essentially (ie in brief) hightened awakening(energizing) of brain cells (one would think more intelligence) BUT if there is no direction thoughts scramble into chaos thus insanity......etc....thus why always have a teacher always....

Shi Chan Long

sifuskafar
04-28-2001, 04:24 AM
Practice Chi Kung to heal yourself from illness and disease. If you feel good from practicing, you are doing it correct.
A good master will direct you if you are on the wrong path. Be sure your master is aware.

Best Wishes

Sifu

dnc101
09-20-2001, 07:05 PM
I just bought a book, "QUIGONG FOR HEALTH AND MARTIAL ARTS" by a respected authority- Dr Yang, Jwing-Ming, and I ordered a couple of videos. My intent is to learn this for health reasons. A lot of pounding and being pounded has left me with arthritus, old injuries and a few other maladies. Now you say this may make me go crazy as well? (My wife says it's too late to worry about that). So what is the true scoop? Should I try this without "proper" instruction?