PDA

View Full Version : Doc Fai Wong Distance Learning

KFNOOB
01-05-2008, 07:26 AM
Can anyone tell me how DFW's distance learning is? Can I learn CLF? He is very quick to respond to emails and simply says he teaches real Choy Li Fut not Chop Suey. I have Tat Ma Wong Vids and they are mainly forms and I find it difficult to follow.

Vilmore
01-05-2008, 09:06 AM
dude, srsly, I think learning the basics of a video is really hard. even if he can give lots of feedback. I'm not saying it'll be impossible but I think its going to take a whole lot longer to get the basics right compared to an instructor who can show and correct right away.
I think videos are a better tool for people who allready know the basics and can learn a new form pretty much by themselves.

Drake
01-05-2008, 12:12 PM
I'm in agreement with Vilmore here. I knew another style prior (intermediate) and I am still grappling with the way GM DFW does things. It's slower, and takes a whole lot of youtube uploading...

hskwarrior
01-05-2008, 12:58 PM
you know, i've been watching and taking notes to what people are looking for in ld training tapes.

within my tapes, i try to cover what other may be thinking. but i am accessible to any of my students day or night.

KFNOOB
01-12-2008, 08:28 PM
Drake---are the vids listed on DFW's site? I know he will tell me which vids to get but are they on there so I can see? Going with DFW.

Drake
01-13-2008, 03:28 AM
Drake---are the vids listed on DFW's site? I know he will tell me which vids to get but are they on there so I can see? Going with DFW.

It's on the left hand side... under videos. He has a lot. He'll start you with the ALC Choy Li Fut basics and Jau San Ma. After that you'll get the siu jin kuen and siu pau kuen.