PDA

View Full Version : Need a little help here from the members. NEED INFO AND PICS

Gwa Sow Chop
01-05-2008, 02:49 PM
Hello.

We are building a new CLF ching jong, and I remember seeing diff types of MOBILE ones which had wheels, and such.

So, I decided our new Ching Jong will have such an apparatus..........if I can find some pics of ingenious mobile setups for the Ching Jong.

Can the members please post pics, and or other info pertaining to some of the original thought that may have gone into devising such a structure?
Also, if you have a mobile set up at your kwoon, can you please tell me how well it has worked for you?

Train Hard.

CLFNole
01-05-2008, 05:36 PM
I have a mobile one but to tell you the truth it does need some room. When I get a chance I'll take a picture of it and post it. My sifu had someone make a cool mobile one that we have at the school but my guess is it would take some work by someone who really knows what they are doing.

Give me a little time.

kukulcan
03-21-2012, 11:18 AM
See the link below for help on building your own. I have been taking pictures of the third one I have built and been making them public on a facebook album. See link below. Please give some feedback if you are up for it.

kukulcan
03-24-2012, 06:55 PM
Here is a picture of a mobile "cart" I made for the dummy for my Sifu's school. I welded it together with steel bought at Lowes. I eneded up adding a vertical 1" round stock pipe 8" from the very back corner on a cross plate so that weight lifting plates could be added to offset the weight of the dummy itself on the front. It works well enough and doesn't really move unless you want it to. I also put casters that had locks on them to help it stay still.

CLFNole
03-24-2012, 07:09 PM
Looks pretty good; however the center arms work a bit better when they are level with each other rather than offset like a wing chun dummy. The base is nice.

hskwarrior
03-24-2012, 09:39 PM
My dummy has arms like his and is pretty old. but there are many preferences out there....still....looks good nice pads there.

kukulcan
03-25-2012, 07:03 AM
Thank you guys! Yes, I have seen both versions with the middle arms. I had a hard time figuring out how to make the limbs go all the way through and attach the traditional way I had seen on older dummies if they were on the same plane. I would have to use a metal plate or something similar to the picture to hold them in place.

Frank, the bags were hand sewn together using double layer duck cloth and filled with mung beans. If you ever need a set, let me know. You know how to get a hold of me :)