PDA

View Full Version : How do I find the registered owner of a website?

RD'S Alias - 1A
01-05-2008, 11:15 PM
Does anyone know?

Fox
01-05-2008, 11:22 PM
What website are you looking for? I have my own website so I am the registered owner.

RD'S Alias - 1A
01-05-2008, 11:23 PM
www.oomyungdoe.com

Fox
01-05-2008, 11:33 PM
looks like to me they are the registered owner of that site. I could be wrong, e-mail them and ask.

1bad65
01-05-2008, 11:39 PM
In all seriousness Bullshido has a staff lawyer who might be able to help you. And Anthony may know how to get that info as well.

RD'S Alias - 1A
01-05-2008, 11:47 PM
I really don't want to b0ther with Bullshido. I have been dealing with OYD long before that wretched site came to be.

All I really want to do is see if Kim as it registered under a new name...I heard he's changed his name again (Third Time that I know of)

diego
01-06-2008, 01:46 AM
"In 1975, after the untimely death of martial arts actor Bruce Lee, Warner Brothers motion picture studios began their search for a replacement. After auditioning martial arts "experts" from around the world, Grandmaster "Iron" Kim was asked to screen test and was subsequently pronounced Warner Brothers selection. "

get the **** out of here...no seriously i mean that....****

David Jamieson
01-06-2008, 05:43 AM
http://www.who.is/whois-com/ip-address/oomyungdoe.com/

RD'S Alias - 1A
01-06-2008, 11:22 AM
THANKS!!

Looks like Tom White is the one it's registered. That would be one of Kim's National drone/generals (Head National/International instructor Tom).

KC Elbows
01-06-2008, 02:53 PM
THANKS!!

Looks like Tom White is the one it's registered. That would be one of Kim's National drone/generals (Head National/International instructor Tom).

I believe Joe Smith has a list of who holds what properties in the OYD org, if you have other similar questions.

RD'S Alias - 1A
01-06-2008, 06:31 PM
Yeah, I should ask him next time we talk.

I am starting his latest edition of the book, looks good so far.

diego
01-06-2008, 10:27 PM
Yeah, I should ask him next time we talk.

I am starting his latest edition of the book, looks good so far.

ok has this guy really been around since the 70's?...give me the scoop without links:)

RD'S Alias - 1A
01-07-2008, 12:13 AM
Yeah, but I cost him dozens of his school about 8-9 years ago by speaking out against and starting a nationwide movement against him. Even got death threats from his people.

It was all over TV in the early 90's, and he did do some jail time for tax evasion.

diego
01-07-2008, 01:48 AM
Yeah, but I cost him dozens of his school about 8-9 years ago by speaking out against and starting a nationwide movement against him. Even got death threats from his people.

It was all over TV in the early 90's, and he did do some jail time for tax evasion.

What he did?

1bad65
01-07-2008, 01:56 AM
RD, maybe this means a new thread or a link, but I would like to hear about your experiences in the OYD cult.

Like how did you get involved in it, how long were you in, did you ascend up the ranks, were you paid or did you pay them, why did you leave, etc.

KC Elbows
01-07-2008, 07:33 AM

In all fairness, it was Russell, you, the guys who wrote the True Disclosures document, and a number of others who spoke out or supported the effort with useful information, and B. Simpson deserves a huge amount of cudos for the actual organization of the effort in its later stages. You and Russell were the two most creditable for getting the word out and getting people to speak out from the rank and file of OYD: it was Troy and Conan who later became most creditable in getting the old instructor base to share their info.

KC Elbows
01-07-2008, 07:45 AM
RD, maybe this means a new thread or a link, but I would like to hear about your experiences in the OYD cult.

Like how did you get involved in it, how long were you in, did you ascend up the ranks, were you paid or did you pay them, why did you leave, etc.

http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/oomyungdoe_discuss/

I'm not sure how much of RD's story he shared on there, but there's a large amount of such information on that website from a host of people. Current topics there will mostly be about those who left those schools more recently than the era RD is talking about, though there are a number of old timers that frequent the site or read it; new members are mostly expected to go back and read the material that is there before they ask people to repeat their whole stories, so keep that in mind. This is not unreasonable, since the site is focused on a base of predominantly members or former members, so a new member likely enters with his or her own recollection of similar events, or the results of similar events.

I'll find a link to Joe Smith's book.

If you wish to inform yourself on this topic, do these relevant searches:

John C. Kim and the tax case
Pam Zekman's report titled "The Cult and the Con"
Former member Russell Johnson
Oom Yung Doe
Chung Moo Doe
Chung Moo Quan

Additionally, there's a number of companies over the years that have been staffed by the members of John Kim's schools, or funded by unwitting dupes within the schools.

1bad65
01-07-2008, 07:49 AM
Is this John Kim guy also known as 'Iron' Kim?

I'll look into your links/info for sure, but as I kinda know RD from being online I am still curious as to his story.

KC Elbows
01-07-2008, 07:55 AM
Is this John Kim guy also known as 'Iron' Kim?

I'll look into your links/info for sure, but as I kinda know RD from being online I am still curious as to his story.

Yeah, Iron Kim, among a list of names. Jack Park.

RD was, to his credit, the only person I am aware of to have been thrown out of CMQ. That I recall, he was never a true believer in the ridiculousness that is John Kim's backstory/cult focus.

The instructor base used a really passive aggressive approach to making students who didn't follow the party line leave, they just made things unpleasant. Passive aggressive really doesn't work well on RD.

KC Elbows
01-08-2008, 09:15 AM
Additionally, I believe M.C. Busman at some point reposted some of the stuff he wrote concerning CMQ, originally from M.A.T.T. and another forum whose name I forget, on Bullshido; his stuff was well put together and worth a look from a perspective outside the cult.

KC Elbows
01-08-2008, 09:21 AM
Almost forgot, a lot of the files that formed the spine of that website were provided by RD. Years back, he was in contact with a lot of former members, had experiences with the schools as some were separating from the fold, etc. Anyway, gotta go.

RD'S Alias - 1A
01-08-2008, 09:32 AM
In all fairness, it was Russell, you, the guys who wrote the True Disclosures document, and a number of others who spoke out or supported the effort with useful information, and B. Simpson deserves a huge amount of cudos for the actual organization of the effort in its later stages. You and Russell were the two most creditable for getting the word out and getting people to speak out from the rank and file of OYD: it was Troy and Conan who later became most creditable in getting the old instructor base to share their info.

Reply]
Yeah, I have to agree with this 100%. A lot of guys made much bigger contributians than I did. I really just got everyone thinking, questioning and speaking out. The real work was done by all those that came after me.

Also, the files were really from someone else, I just posted them to keep his name out of the public eye.

RD'S Alias - 1A
01-08-2008, 09:41 AM
Additionally, I believe M.C. Busman at some point reposted some of the stuff he wrote concerning CMQ, originally from M.A.T.T. and another forum whose name I forget, on Bullshido; his stuff was well put together and worth a look from a perspective outside the cult.

Reply]
His stuff goes back way further than that. It was all reposts of stuff he wrote on the old WWWboard TOC.

TOC was a great place, and a lot of Frauds we all know to day were outted for th first time there, Like Frank Dux, Count Dante etc... When that defunkted everyone went to TMAN because it was the same WWWBoard BBS system. From there all the real guys left to form E-Budo, and the OYD debate totally took TMAN over. The Moo at some point tried to stop any intelligent conversation and power spammed the forums to the max till it was totally illegible.

They did the same power spamming to my forums, but I retaliated by getting a more professional system. It's similar to this one, but gives the option to make it "Appear" to be a WWWBoard while retain all the troll blocking, spam thwarting abilities. So that is what I did.

After TMAN got shut down, THEN we went to MATT (Martial arts table talk).

My forums are kind of dead now...even I don't really check them anymore, but they are still up and functional.