PDA

View Full Version : Mantis Reborn

Mantis_Reborn
01-07-2008, 10:57 AM
Hello all, I was wondering if there was a good 7 Star Mantis School in New York, I live in Long Island. I have studied under Sifu Feagin, in Killeen, Tx and have attended many of Sigung Raymond Foggs seminars, but I haven't praticed in 7 years as I obtained a lower back injury in 2001 while in the Army, I am ready to train again, but not sure where I would fine a good school in New York City, or within the 5 boroughs

Any help is much appreciated.

MightyB
01-07-2008, 01:48 PM
http://www.northernmantis.com/sifubio.html

Mantis_Reborn
01-07-2008, 09:32 PM
Are there any others? What about Sifu Carl Albright? Is he still around? What about Sifu Raul Ortiz?

Has anyone in this forum studied under Sifu Tony Chuy?

Oso
01-07-2008, 09:44 PM
Sifu Carl's profile (http://forum.kungfumagazine.com/forum/member.php?u=6385)

Young Mantis
01-08-2008, 04:28 PM
Dear Mantis_Reborn,

I am a student of Master Tony Chuy for over 20 years. As provided by MightyB, information about our school can be found on the web at www.northernmantis.com

Sifu teaches a traditional curriculum with a modified teaching method that he has developed through experience over the last 25 years. He has innovated methods to teach this style to anyone who wishes to learn although this school and this style is definitely not for everyone either so we always tell people to come visit our class to see if it is right for them. Feel free to drop by.

I have also written extensively about the school's teaching philosophy on this forum in the past so you can feel free to do a search for it.

Best of luck in finding the school that's right for you.

Vance Young

Mantis_Reborn
01-08-2008, 08:07 PM
I will come on down.

TaichiMantis
01-09-2008, 10:07 AM
Dear Mantis_Reborn,

I am a student of Master Tony Chuy for over 20 years. As provided by MightyB, information about our school can be found on the web at www.northernmantis.com

Sifu teaches a traditional curriculum with a modified teaching method that he has developed through experience over the last 25 years. He has innovated methods to teach this style to anyone who wishes to learn although this school and this style is definitely not for everyone either so we always tell people to come visit our class to see if it is right for them. Feel free to drop by.

I have also written extensively about the school's teaching philosophy on this forum in the past so you can feel free to do a search for it.

Best of luck in finding the school that's right for you.

Vance Young

I would second that, Sifu Chuy also has good knowledge of CCK TCPM. Your sifu waited 25 years to finally meet my kung fu uncle, Sifu Ly Yen Hoa, at the Midland 2003 tourney. (see pic at bottom of this page (http://www.sifulee.com/midland-2003.phtml))

Sifu Darkfist
01-09-2008, 02:31 PM
another opportunity in the same area is over on northern blvd in the flushing area
Master Marlon Ma and his organization
they can be found at www.wutang.org
they have mantis
they have baji
they have bagua as well

i know these gentlemen personally as they are my gung fu cousins