PDA

View Full Version : Practice your self defense, it will save your life!

ziranmen
01-10-2008, 06:34 AM
I wanted to post on here about my experience with a real street fight that involved me, four of my friends, and 20-25 gang members.

I will stress to all who reads this that you should learn self-defense whenever you can becasue it may save your life one day. Things can happen no matter where you are and time. Now here is my story on a real situation that happend to my friends and i.

We were all having fun hanging out at a small park in our neighborhood. Now this park is known for asians to hang out but we hang out at this park a lot too along with these asian kids. Now we are a different mix of people in our group of five people, black, white, and asian and like i said we go to this small park a lot and we seen most of these asian kids there and they never bothered us or harrased us and vice versa. But until this one night we arrived at the park and we were doing what we always do talking hanging out then 10 kids strol into the park eyeing-us-out giving us the stink eye for those who do not know. So me and my friend was looking back at them and I said to them, "Is there a problem?" not trying to be tuff or anything just asking becasue they looked at us as if we were not suppose to be there. They did not reply to my question so we kept talking. Then everything was cool no problems nothing an hour went by and my friend wanted a ciggarette but none of us had any so I was like maybe "they" can give you one? We notice there were smoking so my friend went over and asked for a cigg and they all yelled out "NO!" and he turns and says, "They don't want to give me a ciggarette!" So I decided to go to the store and buy him some and I went and I came back then the whole mood changed in the park as I walked back into the park I heard one guy on his cell phone speak in his language but he said two words in English that caught my attention and that was "American Guy's" but i payed no attention to it so i gave the ciggs to my friend he lite one up and the rest of my friends did as well and suddenly I see 3-4 cars roll up and all the guys (20-25 people) come out the cars and they surround the park. By this time my firned and I was near the exit gate by coincedently and the other three were in the middle of the park smoking their ciggs then suddenly I hear "GO!" and most of the group rushed my friend who asked for a cigg from them and jumped on his back and hit him with tire irons and sticks and the other two were caught in between the mess. the guy standing near me ran out the gate and he was being chased by the left over kids who were gaurding the outside park and no one touched me so I was observing everything and I knew I had to go get help and I could not fight all these guys by my self.

I leave the park through the gate but 4-5 guys were gaurding it not letting me get out but I was not going to let them stop me from going to get help so I looked at all of them and asked them "What did we do, what did we do?" They never said anything. I mean from the beggining to the end they said no words no gangs talk nothing they just attacked us. So I push this gate opened and then I was being rushed on by 3 of the guys so I was choking one guy and the others were to scared to come and hit me but I slipped and fell down because my shoes had no grip on the wet concrete and they started kicking me all of them and suddenlly out of reflex I popped up and I contiuend to choke the guy and the other guys were pulling my sweater over my head so I could not see but then i just let them pull it over me and i slid out of the sweater so I am half naked now fighting these guys and I could see by the way they were comeing at me that they were scared becasuse I was able to get out their traps, if you know what I mean. Now keep in mind my firneds are being kicked jumped on battered to death and I was fighting for my life so I could get help and I was almost free until I slipped again and then I knew I better get up and just run for it but that's when someone hit me from behind with a hammer to my temple, my head. I felt blood rush down my face and I got mad at this point got up and tryed to fight them but then they ran because I think they gave up they knew i was not going down o matter what so when they ran I ran to not to catch up with them but to find help and this garbage man was on the street and I aksed him to use his phone but he did not have one but he quickly remembered that the police station was two blocks down so I ran my ass off and when I arrived two cops came out and they were going ot the scene becasue the guy who left the gate before me ran and got away from the other guys and called the police. These cop told me to stay but I said no I am going back and I did. I wanted to get our items at the scene. I got there and everything was stolen all of our bags with out valualbes in them but lucky enough I did not loose my money that was in my pocket because Iwas going to purchase a Greyhound ticket to move to LA with my friend, who was not there that night.

At the hospital I am fine i was juiced that I never recognizd how bad the hit was on me from the hammer I just told the doctor to give me a band aid and let me go because i needed to go to work soon. Also the same doctor that was helping us actually lived across the street from the fight and heard it and that's when he was called in to work. But I was okay my friend had bruises on the back of his head one friend had his arm broken and the friend who asked for the cigg his ear was torn, one of his fingers are broken his back jad marks from the tire iron etc.

Now there were things that happened on our side we should not have done but we did not and especially my frirnds di not desereved to be punished the way we all did and we found out the reason why they mainly attacked my friend who asked for the cigg was becasue he was white and on their territory. But what i want you to knwo is that if it was not for the training i received i would have not been able to withstand the hit to my head and be able to fight 3-5 guys at one time. At that time I was studying Shorinji Kempo and it came in handy but my friends suffered becasue they knew nothing about defending themselves. After the whole thing i told him he beter learn to fight or something becasue he was bigger than me he was 5'9'' and I am 5'5'' and I told him he could have beat those dudes along with my firneds but anyway my point of telling this story to you is to TRAIN, BEAWARE of your surroundings, and TRAIN it is very important. We did not know we were going to fight that night for our lives just because my frined asked for a ciggarette? The reason we were ther was to hang out before i would leave the city so that is what i mean TRain people TRAIN!

*sorry for the mispelling and other errors but my focus was the story and I hope you can learn from this.

peace and love to all.

bodhitree
01-10-2008, 06:54 AM
If you were JetLi'sFearless your spelling and grammar have improved. If not, then wow.

KFNOOB
01-11-2008, 11:00 AM
Wasnt smart to ask a hostile group for a cigarette. Was it that important to get one? You could have avoided the whole thing by being smarter. Glad it worked out for you and no one was seriously hurt. Also glad to see you handled yourself but be careful out there. Next time things could escalate much worse.
When out numbered dont show fear but also dont throw gas on fire, just be cool.

sanjuro_ronin
01-11-2008, 11:24 AM
This thread needs some spice !!

hskwarrior
01-11-2008, 11:30 AM
funny story.

Can you tell me, it says you are from SF, can you tell me what park you guys were in when this happened?

first and foremost, if you guys are the outsiders to the park you should have been MORE humble. Forget asking ASIAN kids for cigerattes in a park at night. you're lucky they didn't SHOOT you. you got away lucky dude.

one of my old class mates almost had his hand chopped off from a machete from another asian dude.

In my opinion, your friend was wrong to turn around and say out loud "they don't want to give me a cigarette" if you were in my neighborhood, that response would have set something worse off.

and you say you got hit in the temple with a hammer......and you didn't get knocked out? and all you needed was a band aid? no stitches? how does that happen?

look, i am from san francisco, a native of 16th a mission. i know my city, and im surprised that all you got out of it was a band aid on your temple?

what park were you in?

hskwarrior
01-11-2008, 11:31 AM
hey thats my baby's mamma!!!!!!!

That Dang hooooer!!!!!!:D

SteveLau
01-30-2008, 07:29 PM
First off, I need to say that asking for a cigarette from stranger is a bad habit. I noticed such behavior while I was living in North America some years ago. And asking for a cigarette from unfriendly stranger is even worse. While having good martial art training will do us good, but being wise is more important. It will affect us much more for the rest of our life.

Regards,

Kc
Hong Kong