PDA

View Full Version : question about the san da kickboxing dvd

WanderingMonk
01-10-2008, 02:44 PM
okay, so I brought volume 1 of Sifu Ross's san da kickboxing dvd and it is quite good. very straight forward and immediately applicable.

I was wondering, is the punching and clinch dvd redundant if you buy volume 2 and 3 or is there something in the punching and clinch dvd that make it worth purchasing as well (if you got volume 1 to 3) or does punching and clinching dvd cover the same materials, so you can just get that instead over vol 1 to 3.

I over-spend a bit over christmas, so I want to go a bit cheap. don't want to buy the dvd if it will be redundant.

also, I thought the dvd was produce by customflix, my copy has a barcode with the phrase "manufacture by Amazon.com kydc, Lexington, KY" but, maybe it is because I got my copy through amazon.

MasterKiller
01-10-2008, 04:53 PM
If you get Volume 1, 2, and 3, you don't need the punching and clinching DVD, necessarily. They show a lot of the same stuff and with more detail.

If someone was only going to spend the money for one DVD, though, I would recommend they get the punching and clinching one. It covers a lot of material.

lkfmdc
01-10-2008, 06:42 PM
The overlap is mostly between Volume 3 of the kickboxing series. That covers throws from 50/50 position. HOwever, volume 3 ONLY covers 50/50 while the "punching and clinching" DVD covers neck clinches and knees as well.

WanderingMonk
01-11-2008, 12:29 PM
thank you for the responses.

the san da dvd is excellent and will be looking to pick vol 2 and 3 up later on the year.

btw, mk, your humor is improving.

"Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid...for MK thy Mod, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee."

is this mk 3:16?

lkfmdc
01-11-2008, 01:28 PM
if you are going to get Volume 3 of the San Da KB series and don't want overlap but want the neck clinches, you can get the new "San Da for MMA" discs (1 and 2) because they have a lot of the neck clinch material on them PLUS takedowns and ground and pound

Purely in my own interest, I'd suggest you buy them from customflix (you can follow the links on www.SanDa-MMA.com).... Amazon gets me to a wider audience but I make pennies on the sale :o

lkfmdc
03-02-2009, 01:25 PM
:D

TTT just to annoy hardwork108 :)

But to make Gene happy :D, please go out and buy the March/April 2009 Wudang Special ! It is actually really good!
http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53091