PDA

View Full Version : #Standing Meditation#

Tomo
05-31-2001, 03:56 PM
Can some one ellaborate on the principles of Stading Meditation for those of us who are not in the groove.

none

joedoe
06-01-2001, 05:15 AM
I don't know about other styles, but the standing meditation I do entails ... well ... meditating while standing, usually in a horse stance, sometimes in a natural stance.

cxxx[]:::::::::::>
What we do in life echoes in Eternity

Qiman
06-01-2001, 06:44 AM
TOMO, try a search of this board and you will get a lot of information on standing techniques.

-------------------------I am fortunate to have a teacher to correct my foolish ways......Qiman

mad taoist
06-26-2001, 04:26 PM
Standing meditation is (usually, at least) standing in a position which tenses certain leg / thigh muscles which correspond with certain pressure points, mainly the huiyin (groin and anus) area. The hands are also placed in a correspending manner, with a straight back, hips tilted forward, etc.

Personally, while doing these sort of things (even certain gung fu stances/poses in forms) and holding such a position, my hands feel warm and buzzy, which I guess is the qi.

Please excuse the poor grammar, if any. It's late over here :)

'If we do not go within, we go without'.

EARTH DRAGON
06-27-2001, 08:19 PM
TOMO i beleive the meditation stance you are refering to is (bou lun gong) holding the bowl of rice. which is done from feet shoulder width apart knees bent, hands out in front of the body like you are holding a basket, focus on the dantian and lao gung for malescirculate the chi to the yang or left side to begin and obviously oppisite for females. hope this answers your question

http://www.kungfuUSA.net

batesy
07-06-2001, 07:24 PM
Tomo
Try to get a copy of "The Way of Energy" by Lam Kam Chuen, I think it's published by Gaia in the U.K. it's based around Yi Chuan and is an excellent introduction to standing post/zhan Zhaung.
Good luck