PDA

View Full Version : Love Desires You

Tomo
05-31-2001, 03:18 PM
I think that an importantant point of life is that we have emotions and feelings for an reason.
To suppress a desire is like stamping on a strawberry because it looks too good. Whereas to control a desire would be to save the strawberry untill u find some cream to make it truly wholesome!
Of-course some wants should be disgarded. Such as the "need" for an expensive watch. For this is a false desire. Whereas as Love is a desire that should be cherished. As the teachings of Bengali Tantra speak, it is the Unity of Man (Yang) and Woman (Yin)shall bring balance and peace beyond any fullfiilmant of meditation.
So hold that strawberry close to your hearts, search for the Cream, the Sugar, the Honey. When your search is accomplished you may sleep soundly.
Share the Warmth.
Yet you must believe that you are true to one another, Do not let lust hold you back.

Peace Be.

none

joedoe
06-01-2001, 05:17 AM
Love in the conventional sense is an emotion that yes should be cherished, but you also need to be careful of it.

Unconditional love is the goal to strive for though ;)

cxxx[]:::::::::::>
What we do in life echoes in Eternity

Fish of Fury
06-01-2001, 10:08 AM
"To suppress a desire is like stamping on a strawberry because it looks too good. Whereas to control a desire would be to save the strawberry untill u find some cream to make it truly wholesome!
So hold that strawberry close to your hearts, search for the Cream, the Sugar, the Honey. "

wow man, i'm spinning out.think i need some dried frog pills. :)

__________________________________________________ _________________________ "I never drive faster than i can see...other than that...it's all in the reflexes" Jack Burton

Internal Flow
06-27-2001, 08:48 PM
The only thing saving a strawberry could bring is suffering, caused from an other desire, the desire to find the cream for the strawberry, and this other desire would bring another and another.
And if at last you manage to find the cream, the strawberry will be eaten in a moment and will leave only suffering caused from the desire to find cream for another strawberry.
This circle leads to nowhere and it is devastatingly deceptive. Looking for the cream will destruct you from the search for realization and you will never understand that the strawberry and the cream mean nothing, and even a r e nothing.
The best way to avoid that, is to throw the strawberry away, the same moment you see it and use the time you would spent searching for the cream, searching for what is true and real.

I take refuge in the Buddha
I take refuge in the dharma
I take refuge in the sangha

origenx
06-27-2001, 11:56 PM
TOMO - well, Buddhism doesn't say to SUPPRESS your feelings, just not to get attached to them or anything else. So, by all means enjoy them while they last, but realize they are only temporary and won't last forever. After they're gone, enjoy the next change.

This is where Buddhist non-attachment directly links up with Taoist flowing. It's basically 2 ways of saying the same thing. Do not hang on to the tree roots sticking out in the river (Buddhism), so that you can flow freely downstream (Taoism) along with the course of nature. Some might call this "course of nature" the "Tao" or the "will of God," but it is the same effortless path that always works out for the best