PDA

View Full Version : Grand Master Poon Sing performance

hskwarrior
01-13-2008, 11:00 AM
GM POON SING (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3UoaM-rvxY)

deeperthantao
01-13-2008, 12:35 PM
don't forget this guy!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuJatTVdukE

Mano Mano
01-13-2008, 01:25 PM
don't forget this guy!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuJatTVdukE Care to explain the comparison to GM Poon Sing.

hskwarrior
01-13-2008, 01:44 PM
there is none. poon sing is an elder.

deeperthantao
01-13-2008, 03:50 PM
no comparison at all, the same guy posted both that was all.. Poon sing is on a different level completely.

sanjuro_ronin
01-14-2008, 05:30 AM
GM POON SING (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3UoaM-rvxY)

**** he's good !
I love his warm ups :D

wu-ji
01-14-2008, 08:53 PM
Greetings,

What criteria comprise good performance for Choy Lee Fut? Thank you in advance.

hskwarrior
01-14-2008, 10:14 PM
quality of performance is nothing when it comes to an elder up there his years and to see him perform with such life is a blessing to at his age.

wu-ji
01-14-2008, 10:38 PM
I totally agree with what you mean. Elders have valuable wisdoms and experiences and are very venerable. Actually, from my outsider view, the gentleman has a really nice precision and timing, which are results of years of training.

However, I asked that ask a general question about the criteria. Should I put it in a different thread? TIA.

martialartspeon
01-15-2008, 12:09 AM
How old is that guy?

extrajoseph
01-15-2008, 03:21 AM
Greetings,

What criteria comprise good performance for Choy Lee Fut? Thank you in advance.

Power with speed, clarity with intention, and a contrasting rhythm in the movements.

hskwarrior
01-15-2008, 08:15 AM
yeah i agree pretty much with THAT guy!!!!

Power, speed, fluidity, intent, clear and precise techniques. Good body structure.

hskwarrior
01-15-2008, 08:17 AM
clfnole. how old would poon sing be today?

diego
01-15-2008, 07:30 PM
Cool thread:)

CLFNole
01-15-2008, 08:36 PM
I think Poon Sing is about 81, maybe 82.

hskwarrior
01-16-2008, 08:48 AM
Poon Sing is going to be around for a long time. Where do you see 80 year old men move like that? OMG.......i'm like wow man!

CLFNole
01-16-2008, 08:53 AM
The funny thing about him is he still smokes quite a bit. I was talking with my sifu about smoking and he said chinese doctors will tell people who are older that have kept smoking not to quit because the body and the blood is used to it. He was saying when older (above 70 or so) people quit they tend to die quickly thereafter. If you quit at a younger age it is no problem.

Not sure about the medical validity to his claims but it makes you wonder.

hskwarrior
01-16-2008, 09:05 AM
I was just talking about that with our students yesterday morning.

in fut san all the sifu's there have cigarette's either in their mouths or in their hands.

diego
01-16-2008, 11:51 AM
The funny thing about him is he still smokes quite a bit. I was talking with my sifu about smoking and he said chinese doctors will tell people who are older that have kept smoking not to quit because the body and the blood is used to it. He was saying when older (above 70 or so) people quit they tend to die quickly thereafter. If you quit at a younger age it is no problem.

Not sure about the medical validity to his claims but it makes you wonder.
there is some sort of condition i think it is if you stop smoking your lungs settle and all the backup comes...i've been trying to quit, been smoking since i was short...my lungs will itch but if i have a smoke they chill...read aboutthis guy was given mandatory 5 minute smoke breaks every hour at work by his doctors cuz if he didn't his lungs would open and he would die....never researched it as i'm scared but i'm saying:)

Eddie
01-17-2008, 03:17 AM
Smoking and spitting are the national sports of China.

My step father’s dad lived until he was 98. He smoked two packets of cigarettes a day, and drank at least one bottle of whiskey per day. He died of natural causes, and didn’t die from cancer. My uncle (moms brother), was healthy as can be. He was in the old SA Military Intelligence, and very much active. He died from some very weird heart disease at age 48 (or there about).

Makes you wonder.

diego
01-18-2008, 03:52 AM
Smoking and spitting are the national sports of China.

My step father’s dad lived until he was 98. He smoked two packets of cigarettes a day, and drank at least one bottle of whiskey per day. He died of natural causes, and didn’t die from cancer. My uncle (moms brother), was healthy as can be. He was in the old SA Military Intelligence, and very much active. He died from some very weird heart disease at age 48 (or there about).

Makes you wonder.
they say criminals suffer less from stress cuz they don't worry about anything they just feed their ego...you hear many times about that hick who wrestles horses and even as a little old lady said country peep still smokes a national forest weekly and consumes beer trucks every other sunday....i'm thinking the healthy guy is always worried about his health so he gets some weird disease, but the smoker just parties all the time so that strengthens their immune system...some bugged out placebo...

Eddie
01-18-2008, 04:41 AM
strange huh!? [retoric]