PDA

View Full Version : like it or not.....IDK!

hskwarrior
01-16-2008, 08:38 AM
Before the Chinese New Year then EJ, I will say this.........

Jeong Yim was born in 1824. In 1836 at the age of 12 he went to Chan Heung and stayed until 1841. That was only 5 years. 5 years of the INITIAL launching of Chan Heung's Choy Lee Fut. I'm sure at that time there was only a few forms at the time, and not the 200 Plus as we see today.

In 1841 when Jeong Yim was asked to leave, he was 17 years old and about to learn from the Green Grass Monk. From 1841 to 1849 Jeong Yim learned the Fut Ga system from the Green Grass Monk. It seems, Jeong Yim studied the Fut Ga system longer than he did Chan Heung's Choy Lee Fut.

Now, being that the Green Grass Monk was his last sifu, Jeong Yim obeyed him and went to fut san. HE wasn't sent their by chan heung like Chan Family folks in 1867 like they claimed. Records show 1851.

Now, i don't know what period Jeong Yim went back to Chan Heung and Shared what he learned, but around 1860 something there seemed to be a "REFORMING" of choy lee fut.......no explanation to why....but put two and two together.

Che Kuen is very close to Ng Lun Choy, but different altogether. but it could very well be what Jeong Yim picked up from Chan Heung.

But Since NO chan family forms are practiced in Fut San, it has to make you wonder why? No picture of Chan Heung is up on the walls like chan heung's other disciples.

Now, joke about it if you like, but more than just fat little old me, believes that what Jeong Yim was teaching was called Fut Gar Zheng Zhong......information such as that also came from the Grand Elder Lun Chee himself.

In regards to chan family clf and fut san hung sing clf, aside from the ten seeds, forms and patterns of forms are completely different. why would that be if jeong yim was such a prominent student of Chan Heung?

So Joseph, there is some EXTREME differences between us. being that jeong yim was a student of chan heung from 1836-1841 says that Jeong Yim only represents the most earliest stages of Chan Heung's Choy Lee Fut. As Doc Fai Wong puts it, Jeong Yim Reps the early stages, koon pak the middle stages, and Yiu Chi the final stages.

But!!!!!!! Jeong Yim developed his own gung fu..........his style was based on Li Gar from his first sifu Lee Yau San. then he learned those 5 years of early Choy and Lee styles as passed down by Chan Heung, and of course the 8 years of Fut Gar under the Green Grass Monk.

So, Jeong Yim's Choy Lee Fut contained the Choy and the Lee, but HIS version also contained the FUT.

Therefore, Jeong Yim's Choy Lee Fut is going to be different than Chan Heung's.

I've been reading the chinese sites and how during those times there were Two CLF's.