View Full Version : This Form is.......

The Willow Sword
01-16-2008, 01:25 PM
Can you name the form? ;):D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPPj6viIBmU&feature=related

Peace,TWS

BruceSteveRoy
01-16-2008, 01:31 PM
old video is old. but still funny nevertheless.

RD'S Alias - 1A
01-16-2008, 01:47 PM
Didn't that kid move, change his name and go into seclusion because of that video?

I heard he sued and won over it too.

Shaolin Wookie
01-16-2008, 02:32 PM
This form is...

Flawless...

cjurakpt
01-16-2008, 03:33 PM
Egregious...

cjurakpt
01-16-2008, 03:34 PM
Didn't that kid move, change his name and go into seclusion because of that video?

I heard he sued and won over it too.

only you would know that, right?;)

BruceSteveRoy
01-16-2008, 03:42 PM
But how would he know that unless... omg... RD IS that guy!:eek:

David Jamieson
01-16-2008, 03:45 PM
He did sue and he did win.

Apparently his name is gislain, he's from quebec and was messing about in school, left the tap in the drive and some classmates posted it to the net.

think of it this way as you laugh at tubby and his golf ball fetcher as tey live out some fantasy.

one night, you, yes you, are taping yourself doing some thing goofy, be it a kungfu form or having sex with yourself and either way, you're terrible at it. You leave the tape in teh camera and a member of your family posts it to the internet, or worse, your "friends" plaster it into facebook and myspace et al.

is that cool?

There's always more to the picture, than meets the eye.

BruceSteveRoy
01-16-2008, 05:09 PM
believe me i think about it every time i practice my staff form in the parking lot of my apartment complex. i always know i am one slip and fall from youtube famedom.

RD'S Alias - 1A
01-16-2008, 05:14 PM
If something like that ever happened to me, think I'd laugh it off, and ride it for as much fame and fortune as I could.

martialartspeon
01-16-2008, 05:30 PM
Oh man! I can't believe that things is still floating around. :)

RD'S Alias - 1A
01-16-2008, 06:03 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_kid

Incident

On November 4, 2002 the boy made a video of himself swinging a golf ball retriever around as a weapon, presumably imitating the Darth Maul character from Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace who wields a double-bladed lightsaber. The video was filmed at the studio of his high school, and the tape was left forgotten in a basement. The original owner of the videotape discovered his recorded acts and immediately shared it with some friends. Thinking that it would be a funny prank, they encoded it to a WMV file and shared it using the Kazaa peer-to-peer file sharing network.

Within two weeks, the file was downloaded several million times. An adapted version of the video was created, adding Star Wars music, texts, and lightsaber lights and sounds to his golf ball retriever.

As of 27 November 2006 it has been estimated by The Viral Factory that the videos had been viewed over 900 million times, making it the most popular "viral video" on the Internet.[1]

[edit] In the media

The case raised privacy issues and was extensively reported in mainstream news media worldwide, including The New York Times, CBS News, GMTV and BBC News.

[edit] Lawsuit

In July 2003, his family filed a CA$250,000 lawsuit against the families of four of his schoolmates. The lawsuit stated, in part, that he "had to endure, and still endures today, harassment and derision from his high-school mates and the public at large." and, he "will be under psychiatric care for an indefinite amount of time."[2] Legal proceedings against one family were quickly dropped.[3] The lawsuit had been scheduled to begin trial on April 10, 2006; but on April 7, the boy and his parents reached an out-of-court settlement with the defendants.[4] Previous court proceedings had included discussions about whether the defendants had liability insurance. In 2006 the boy finally came to terms with his classmates and received CA$351,000 in a lawsuit between three of the four classmates. (Associated Sun Press)

[edit] Cultural influence

The video and its subsequent popularity spawned many spoofs on television, including episodes of the Cartoon Network's animated series The Venture Bros. (Tag Sale -- You're It!), American Dad ("All About Steve"), Arrested Development ("The Immaculate Election", "Sword of Destiny," "Prison Break-In,", and "The Ocean Walker"), "Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide ("Video Projects")"Cory in the House ("Kung Fu Cats Kid"). "Weird Al" Yankovic briefly imitated the Star Wars Kid in his music video "White & Nerdy" at about the 1 minute 25 second mark. In the Disney movie Sky High, 2005, there is a point in the movie in which the main character is learning about children of 2 super heroes that don't have powers, saying that there has only been one person that has not had powers, the camera zooms outside and looks at a bus driver who is using a window washer to perform Star Wars moves. In 2005, CNET listed the Star Wars Kid as #8 on its Top 10 Web Fads list.[1], while in 2007, the G4 tv show, Attack of the Show, rated it the number 1 viral video of all time. It was ranked #2 on VH1's "Top 40 Internet Celebrities", right behind the Numa Numa Guy.

It has also made it into a Tony Hawk video game. You Tube Video

In late 2006, popular pundit Stephen Colbert, an adamant Star Wars fan, initiated a contest entitled "Stephen Colbert's Greenscreen Challenge". The contest began with him standing in front of a greenscreen during a taping of his comedic News Show, The Colbert Report, and using a toy lightsaber to dramatically fight off imaginary foes in the fashion of the Star Wars Kid. It was then up to members of the viewing public to edit their own sound-effects, CGI enemies and settings, and music into the video around Colbert to correspond with his actions. Viewers would then send their customized videos into the show, who would select and air what they deemed to be the best ones during the program every night or two, with credit to the home editor(s). The show received thousands of submissions from amateur filmmakers and fans, and the contest eventually culminated with Star Wars creator George Lucas himself making an appearance on the program with his own elaborately effects-enhanced version of the video, with CGI done by Industrial Light and Magic.

B-Rad
01-16-2008, 07:49 PM
Don't use video equipment that doesn't belong to you to film yourself doing anything silly that you wouldn't want others to see :p

Seppukku
01-16-2008, 08:01 PM
be it a kungfu form or having sex with yourself and either way, you're terrible at it. .

Although I am a sex god when I'm shtupping a fit babe, I have been known to fall asleep when I'm having sex with myself. I just don't do it for me.

Scott R. Brown
01-17-2008, 09:30 AM
I have about 10-15 variations of him that people have added music and effects too. They are all hilarious. What has not been mentioned is this kid is also greatly admired. There was even a reported effort to get in a bit part in one of the subsequent Star Wars movies.

He is now a cultural icon, even though he has been publicly embarrassed, he is also a symbol for all us common little nobodies who aspire to perform heroic deeds!

Scott R. Brown
01-17-2008, 09:37 AM
There was also a Colorado County Sheriff, many years ago, who filmed himself and his wife having sex and then accidentally placed the tape in the video box of a rented movie and returned it to the local video store. They became an instant local hit too. :D