PDA

View Full Version : poon sing

htowndragon
01-16-2008, 05:12 PM
can anyone give me any info on him? wasn't he lee koon hungs teacher? other than that i'm curious about him

Seppukku
01-16-2008, 07:46 PM
Is he the guy that created Poon Quan? Poon Fisting (translation?)?

He must be a millionaire by now. I wonder if he gets residuals on the online videos?

CLFNole
01-16-2008, 08:31 PM
Poon Sing is the son of Poon Dik, who was a well known sifu in Kwantung. He was on of LKHs sifu's if you will. Sifu joined Poon Dik's school and shortly thereafter he passed away. Sifu learned some from Poon Sing but learned most of his CLF from Leung Sai and Chow Bing, two of Poon Dik's senior students. Later on sifu learned from his sisuk So Kam Fook.

Seppukku
01-17-2008, 06:35 PM
Poon Sing is the son of Poon Dik, who was a well known sifu in Kwantung. He was on of LKHs sifu's if you will. Sifu joined Poon Dik's school and shortly thereafter he passed away. Sifu learned some from Poon Sing but learned most of his CLF from Leung Sai and Chow Bing, two of Poon Dik's senior students. Later on sifu learned from his sisuk So Kam Fook.

The way I heard it, Poon Sing laid much store in the elder Poon and his kung-fu abilities. They say when Dik and Sing did a two man form, it was as if there were but a single Poon, and Dik sang. Quiet as it's kept, So Kam Fook--the Poon family friend--also had school-ties to Buk Akee. But you know how that goes.