PDA

View Full Version : Bin Lew? Lau Bun pictures

Golden Spider
01-16-2008, 11:25 PM
Does anyone out there have any good pictures of this man that they would be willing to share, or post? Share Lew's uncle, you know...
I would be grateful to have a picture of him in my home. Can anybody help me? E-mail, or PM if necessary.

~Many Thanks

hskwarrior
01-17-2008, 09:26 AM
www.professorlaubun.zoomshare.com

I am from the Lau Bun lineage in SF, are you a student of Share Lew?

ngokfei
01-17-2008, 09:54 AM
here is a website with alot of past masters of CLF

http://www.centrokaimen.com.ar/Base_de_Datos/Choy/Base_de_datos_choy.htm

Oso
01-17-2008, 02:11 PM
and what's 'spider boxing'?

Lucas
01-17-2008, 02:18 PM
#7 looks like a good home framed picture.

Golden Spider
01-17-2008, 03:29 PM
No, I am not a student of Lew Shifu, but have wanted to make his direct acquaintance ever since I learned about his formal history. I have had a very interesting conversation with him, despite the language barrier, and don't want to bother him directly. He was very patient, and tried to be helpful. That was a few years ago.
~Can anyone comment on his health, I would like to know if he's doing well...?

No CLF training either, some of the late Ark Wong's comments about Lau Bun have been inspiring, so I've been researching him and his associates lately. My interest in the early history of the TCMA is S. Cali. set on the back burner, as it were, for about 4 years now, and I just decided to take up training again. There are a lot of very interesting stories on the web floating around, and I am a little curious. I only have a few links to the SF community and am looking to make some more.

Thanks for posting the zoomshare link, but it won't open on Firefox, so I'll try with Safari later.

~Spider Boxing is a little project I am working on (slowly), thanks again.

Oso
01-17-2008, 06:18 PM
ok, fair enough...where in East TN are you?

Golden Spider
01-17-2008, 06:25 PM
Not far from Asheville, I get over that way for herbs occasionally. I need to find another herbalist to deal with.

Oso
01-17-2008, 06:27 PM
ah, well, there are lots of herbalists in asheville.

you been training with the SD folks or elsewhere?

Golden Spider
01-17-2008, 06:33 PM
SD? I hope you don't mean Sin The's group..:rolleyes:
Most of my training has been solitary, just what ever came my way that suited me at the time. No rank, not much lineage. I used to train with Rick Ward and his students in Boone, NC....and I've read a lot of books;)

Oso
01-17-2008, 06:37 PM
yea, I meant the Sin The' group.

I was with Rick from 1990-2003.

Golden Spider
01-17-2008, 06:39 PM
Lets try to stay close to topic: Lau Bun pictures?

~Oh yeah OSO, PM sent.

Oso
01-17-2008, 06:40 PM
lol...ok...

diego
01-18-2008, 01:19 AM
www.professorlaubun.zoomshare.com

I am from the Lau Bun lineage in SF, are you a student of Share Lew?

i tried this link earlier today Frank...It still isn't working:)

hskwarrior
01-19-2008, 09:50 AM
Diego, It's finally back up. Zoomshare must have crashed or something.

Anyways.......golden spider

As i said earlier i am of the direct lau Bun lineage...........so in case you haven't seen this, i'm posting a video which has him in it.

Lau Bun (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCs1Lcip-Io)

hskwarrior
01-19-2008, 09:58 AM
hey Golden Spider, if you contact my sifu at hungsingusa@hotmail.com and introduce yourself, there may be a chance we can get you a hard copy of a Pic of Lau Bun for you.

Golden Spider
01-19-2008, 12:56 PM
Hello HSK,
many thanks for posting the initial zoomshare links, and yes I have seen the old Lion Dance footage. ~There are a couple of very nice pics of Prof. Lau in the opening of the vid., for those of you who maybe haven't seen it yet.

Thank you for the suggestion of contacting your Sifu. While I am not directly in your lineage any materials that pertain to the old masters is precious to me. I appreciate it, very much.