PDA

View Full Version : Sifu Wong's Teacher's Name

ChukaSifu2
01-17-2008, 10:23 AM
I have had people ask in the past who was my Sifu's teacher - Sifu Sammy Wong. His teacher was his Uncle who's name is Wuk-Kwong Wong.
In case anyone is still interested.

scythe000
01-21-2008, 11:32 AM
Hi, ChukaSifu2!
Thanks for the info. Forgive my ignorance, but is Wuk-Kwong Wong the same Wong from the Jook Lum lineage?

Also, how is Master Wong? I had heard he was in China somewhere managing a factory he owned. I hope he is well, from everything I've heard of him, he is a treasure to the world of Kung Fu.

ChukaSifu2
01-24-2008, 10:49 AM
There has been rumors of Wong's lineage tying to Jook Lum which I have been told would be Sam Dot lineage, and per Wong, I was told that is not the case.
His lineage is of ,Chu Too, which was Chu family(Chugar-Chuka) and not the divided family of the Jook Lum path Sam Dot took.
Some people believe this though because through rough translation their are those people that believe Wong Yuk Gong and Wuk Kwong Wong(Sifu Sammy Wong's Uncle) are one in the same. This I have not seen proven. Since Wong's uncle died in his late 70's and Wong Yuk Gong died in his early 50's.
I have asked many questions about this and had received answers from Wong that do not concur with the Jook Lum system and what we do (Chuka) doesn't resemble those teachers or students that do claim to be of Jook Lum descent.
What I know is this, Sifu Wong is a ferocious fighter and this is beleived to be so by others as well and his system is beleived to be of secret origin, so how can anyone claim it to be their style if they have not trained solely with Wong to understand the depth and history and philosophy's of our system.
When I talk to other teachers of the Chow family or Jook Lum familys they always seem to have a different philosophy, other than that of which Wong teaches.
And if you beleive Wong can fight and has taught people to fight, there must be some truth to his teachings.

Hope this helps,
Sincerely, Sifu Tony Blum - Chuka Tong Long Kung Fu

scythe000
01-28-2008, 12:19 PM
Wow, thank you so much ChukaSifu2 for your clarification and history!

How is Sifu Wong doing? Is he still in China?