01-18-2008, 05:15 AM
Not for the feint of heart...

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=5e1_1199622703

naja
01-18-2008, 06:20 AM
wow........

sanjuro_ronin
01-18-2008, 06:36 AM
Yeah...what got to me the most was the grossly ineffective intervention of the people witnessing the attack..that and 4 years in Jail :mad:

naja
01-18-2008, 07:15 AM
Yea that got me too. The blood is no big deal, but seeing people unable to get him off of her was shocking.

cjurakpt
01-19-2008, 06:50 PM
crap - goes to show you how stupid people get in a crisis - I mean, no one did anything useful for a really long period of time - get a garbage can and throw it at the guy or something...

that guy was obviously under some sort of influence, he didn't even resist when pulled off of her; and was it me, or did it seem like no one was calling an ambulance?

also an interesting object lesson in how the human organism responds when in a state of shock: she wasn't even acting as if she was in any pain (she may have been doped up on something though)

lhommedieu
01-20-2008, 02:50 PM
H.I.V. awareness probably kept some people from reacting more quickly. But I agree that their responses were ineffectual. One hand on the knife wrist and a finger to the eyeball would have gone a long way towards stopping this attack. That or brick upside the back of his head. At at rate it's a good argument for carrying a mini-maglite.

It's intersting to watch people watch a crisis. My wife and I were heading home one night in a light rain and we came across an upside down car in the middle of the road with flames shooting out of it, and a pair of legs sticking out the driver's side window. There was a ring of people on their cell phones around the car - but nobody was doing anything about the driver. I got out of my car and got on my hands and knees and crawled into the passenger side window to assess the driver. He was on his cell phone, of course. I told him he'd better get out of the car before the flames found the gas line.

I'm not sure if I'm up to the heroics anymore. Recently I stopped a hysterical two year old from pulling open a heavy glass door (the kind that closes automatically) and walking out onto the pool deck at a local swimming class facility. Her parents were no where in sight for at least a minute. Her mother, who had no idea her husband had lost track of her child, came up behind me, pushed my hand away and said "Don't touch!" She then proceded to walk through the door to pick up her other child without a word of thanks. I don't know if she would have preferred the door to close on her child's hand or an impromptou pool rescue, but I was too dumbfounded to ask. She looked pretty Yin Deficient so I just chalked it up to someone with a not-so-minor Shen disturbance.

Thanks - I feel better now.

Best,

Steve

sanjuro_ronin
01-21-2008, 05:31 AM
crap - goes to show you how stupid people get in a crisis - I mean, no one did anything useful for a really long period of time - get a garbage can and throw it at the guy or something...

that guy was obviously under some sort of influence, he didn't even resist when pulled off of her; and was it me, or did it seem like no one was calling an ambulance?

also an interesting object lesson in how the human organism responds when in a state of shock: she wasn't even acting as if she was in any pain (she may have been doped up on something though)

When people are exposed to REAL violence they tend to go blank in terms of common sense, heck a good ol soccer kick tot he face would have put him on his back, but people were probably to afraid of the knife and the loon turning on them.
Some people tend to get "transe-like" when they commit a "cold bloodied" crime like this one, so does the victim, they get "numb".
Capping someone is almost a 3rd person event, its not really you its the gun type of thing, but stabbing and cutting someone, feeling their blood on you, the smell, the sound, the feeling of the knife going in, its much more personal and for some, more "intimate".