PDA

View Full Version : Ecletic Kung fu forms

Desert Shaolin
01-18-2008, 12:57 PM
Hello, I am new to the Forum. I was wondering what you the Kung fu community's opinion is regarding eclectic kung fu forms? For example, what do you think of Rob Moses (guess he is a Mantis kung fu player and sifu of David C. of KUNG FU Series fame) creating his own form of Kung fu? Mr. Moses states he has created this form from studying other martial arts forms dealing with the dynamic of spirial movement. Will the change of form some how influence the spirit of the art? Or...is he taking Kung fu as an art and letting it grow or evolve? Is this kind of like dancing Kung Fu? (For and example of what the heck I am trying to say, please go to YOUTUBE and type in Rob Moses to see some of his stuff.) There is a part of me that wants to keep Kung fu old school traditional. Yet, another part of me wonders about the living growth of Kung fu. Anyway, what do you folks think?

MasterKiller
01-18-2008, 02:33 PM
If your goal is to fight effectively, stay away from that crap.
If you are in it for the exercise, it doesn't really matter what you do.

B-Rad
01-18-2008, 02:37 PM
Looks like he's developed some kind of qigong system for loosening up your joints rather than a new form of martial arts... Not sure I get it.

Golden Spider
01-18-2008, 06:13 PM
I watched 3 videos...not chi gong, not gong fu, not Pilates, not going to watch any of it again. Time to move on.

Citong Shifu
01-19-2008, 11:22 AM
LOL :D. I've seen it all now.

Shaolin Wookie
01-19-2008, 11:30 AM
Anyway, what do you folks think?

Generally, we don't. We deal strictly in dictums and dogma.