PDA

View Full Version : What you think of this Tai Chi?

diego
01-19-2008, 05:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-EVrYwCjrg

B-Rad
01-19-2008, 06:24 PM
Didn't watch the whole thing, but when they said they were demoing "shoulder strike"... there didn't seem to be any striking with the shoulder :confused:

cjurakpt
01-19-2008, 06:37 PM
I'll answer in a minute, as soon as I find a politically correct way to say "crap"...

ingchao
01-19-2008, 10:48 PM
I'll answer in a minute, as soon as I find a politically correct way to say "crap"...

You could say "Yang"

extrajoseph
01-20-2008, 04:39 AM
You could say "Yang"

Or "Yankee Yang"

brucereiter
01-20-2008, 09:27 AM
why dont ya'all put some videos of your own tai chi chuan practice to compare?

lhommedieu
01-20-2008, 02:58 PM
By way of comparision, the performer entering Stage Left at 03:31 is demonstrating some pretty good internal body mechanics.

Best,

Steve

MASTERforge
01-20-2008, 03:58 PM
Basic Taiji applications without Qin Na. Not exactly advanced stuff. The form looks quite ropey too.

taijiman7777
01-21-2008, 11:11 AM
I thought it was a good demo of technique, with a little bit of method shown, too.
The demonstrators have good basics, probably work hard, and seem to take their art seriously. It surely is better than a lot of stuff I've seen.

As for the shoulder strike not looking like a strike with the shoulder....
"Kao" is usually translated as "shoulder". But it could mean "lean" or "against" or "approach" or "depend on" or "get close to."
Kao is like a ladder up against a wall.
As a technique, kao can manifest as a strike, push, lock, or throw with any part of the body or even with the arms or legs.

diego
01-22-2008, 10:48 AM
By way of comparision, the performer entering Stage Left at 03:31 is demonstrating some pretty good internal body mechanics.

Best,

Steve

your stupid, lol the kid had better chi or the father was in control?...i think the father submitted to his will...we got a future luke skywalker..

diego
01-22-2008, 10:56 AM

well i'm bigger than the performers have tighter muscles...don't do tai chi, but since they doing one move and then hit you rbuddy and he falls easy...yeah i could film a demo better than that...just grab a video off you tube and i'm set to bring the money in.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=BiJdQvTcYMc

i can bet that most these old timers never learned tai chi to fight, as they are not even doing chen tai chi fighting structures and they don't look like scrappers

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=0W1ym3yggR4&feature=related

is this good tai chi? see wushu messed **** up for anyone...wushu forms are dance sets so if they are alowwed to dance and not fight how can someone hate on a school like shaolin do who gets forms from video and claims them as there own...the chinese government does this so why can't a carrear criminal...

but reality is reality you either good or you suck!!.

Is the guys tai chi from video or from a master is what I want to know...their other clips with the firewall of hell in their youtube links are cheesy...

scholar
02-01-2008, 11:25 AM
It would be better if the guy actually attacked the partner...

diego
02-02-2008, 11:26 AM
It would be better if the guy actually attacked the partner...

:D I agree

wiz cool c
02-05-2008, 09:05 PM
i thought it was a cool demo and liked the red kung fu outfit

qiphlow
02-21-2008, 04:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-EVrYwCjrg

meh. i don't like it.

cjurakpt
02-21-2008, 06:14 PM

because the original question asked for people's opinions, not for their own clip as a comparison

brucereiter
02-22-2008, 10:42 AM
because the original question asked for people's opinions, not for their own clip as a comparison

no that was not the original question. that was my question. so many people make comments on how this or that should be and that is fine this is a forum after all lol ...
i think it is cool to see how others are practicing and how they express their idea of what their art is. i am not asking for a ****ing match ...

there are so few posts in the internal section of this forum. i think if people shared and discuss some of their practice it would be conducive to more discussion of ima related topics.

NJM
02-24-2008, 09:35 PM
no that was not the original question. that was my question. so many people make comments on how this or that should be and that is fine this is a forum after all lol ...
i think it is cool to see how others are practicing and how they express their idea of what their art is. i am not asking for a ****ing match ...

there are so few posts in the internal section of this forum. i think if people shared and discuss some of their practice it would be conducive to more discussion of ima related topics.

U CANT POST AN UPINYUN UNLES U POST A VIDYOW OF UR OWN PERFURMUNSE!

Yeah, no. :)