PDA

View Full Version : OT : Cloverfield

CLFLPstudent
01-20-2008, 09:56 PM
Wow.

I thought it was amazing, even with the 'Blair Witch' herky jerky camerawork.

I have been following the viral-media hype of this movie for a few months and I am not disappointed n the least.

Anyone else care to respond?

-David

Flying-Monkey
01-21-2008, 03:41 AM
it was pretty good. the monster was good too. you really can't say what it looks like.

but the acting was kind of bad and the characters were stupid.

WinterPalm
01-21-2008, 10:59 AM
I loved it!

It was everything I hoped it would be. Like a great amusement park ride, you really get in to it.
Plus I love bad acting so that made things even better.

oasis
01-21-2008, 12:23 PM
i need to see it. the main actor's mom is one of the pediatric attendings i work with :p

rogue
01-22-2008, 08:09 AM
I found it interesting that when the movie ended the audience at the showing I went to kind acted like they were at a car wreck.

There were some huge plot holes in the thing but it was still a lot of fun. Having no explanation or back story was pretty Hitchc0ckian.

brothernumber9
01-22-2008, 02:18 PM
"SLUSHO makes my stomach explode with happy!!"

Jimbo
01-23-2008, 12:31 AM
I actually thought the acting was quite good. It seemed a lot like how people thrown into such a situation would react; I've actually heard young guys hysterically screaming, "Oh my God! Oh my God!" and go on babbling nonstop exactly like the guy in the movie, during real situations that were nowhere near what was depicted in the film. The producers were very wise to use unknowns as the cast. It would NOT have been convincing if they had used people like Angelina Jolie, Jessica Alba, or other established actors. It would have lacked any credibility.

Also, I was under the impression that it wasn't supposed to have a real plot line; that the whole novelty of this movie is that it's supposed to be events that were being recorded as they happened, to make it more believable.

*** do not read beyond this if you haven't seen it yet ***

IMO, the little monsters (offspring? or body parasites?) that came off the big one were more realistic and seemed more worrisome.