PDA

View Full Version : hi im new and gots heaps of questions

PKN
01-23-2008, 07:37 PM
hi i just i've been reading heaps 1) im wondering is there and drifferent in the meaning in the terms of sets,forms,or patterns

2)when i do a high round house kick i hear a crack it doesnt really hurt or anything the it onli cracks once then a rest of few hours or so doing that kick the crack will also happen again is this a bad thing?

No_Know
01-25-2008, 08:51 PM
Sets might be smaller than forms. Patterns and forms might be terms for the same types of things.

Sets might also be terminology to mean forms or patterns. It might be a matter of speaking to the audience . Speaking to be understood by the group with whom you/they are working.

Sets might be techniques or small forms.

I No_Know

PKN
01-26-2008, 06:25 PM
THANKS hehehe i was wait for an answer for few days hmm also wondering how long is the first form or pattern u learn?

No_Know
01-27-2008, 08:33 AM
In general, it might vary. Long can be number of moves or techniques or long might be time from some point at the beginning to the end. Time long might change as you become familiar with the form and skilled at the technique delivery-some might say.

Moves you might learn part of a form and as you retain that part you get more of that form. You might get a long form in parts. Or a shortform (also in parts).

My first that I could recall was likely Tiger/Crane from a book by Bucksam Kong. More than five minutes for me to do even if I move without pausing to recall. Two hundred forty three or so moves mentioned though some might have been done on the left and right or repeated-ish.

I No_Know