PDA

View Full Version : Do You Realize...

Lama Pai Sifu
01-25-2008, 07:10 AM
That the top 10 threads or so here...

Have absolutely NOTHING to do with martial arts, much less TCMA?

It has completly degenerated into a generic social and political discussions forum.

I'm not saying that I no longer intend on posting, but I'm going to look for another forum; one that has actual discussions about TCMA.

I do believe that many of us are at fault here. The constant flame-wars, the bickering, challenge-matches, political threads and discussions regarding girlfriends and women are most likely the reason why many other 'good' posters appear to have left as well.

Something to think about.

sanjuro_ronin
01-25-2008, 07:24 AM
hey, I made a Sonny Chiba thread !
And add photos of semi-naked babes to divert the yang energy in hostile threads, if that isn't TCMA nothing is !
:D

Your point is well made though, forums love drama, they are their life blood, believe me, I know that for a fact.

RD'S Alias - 1A
01-25-2008, 07:27 AM
I'm not saying that I no longer intend on posting, but I'm going to look for another forum; one that has actual discussions about TCMA.

Reply]
I am not sure where you have been, but the Kung Fu forum has ALLWAYS been the general topic forum. Originally it was where the likes of Count Dante and Ashida kim got bashed, then for a long time it was where MMA guys bashed Kung Fu, now the old timers are pretty board because we have already discussed every possible martial arts topic there is, 100's of times, so other topics come up...which has allways happened to one degree or another.

If you wish to stick ONLY to martial topics, there is are a bunch of other sub forums here, each devoted to a specific area of martial arts from Qi Gong, to Shaolin Kung Fu, Mantis and even MMA. Just cruise those.

And if it makes you feel any better, I deleted my "Bush Family Finances" thread because a certain sub group here just cannot stop arguing about the same nauseating nonsense; so that is one less for you to complain about.

MasterKiller
01-25-2008, 07:35 AM
Do you realize this thread has nothing to do with CMA?

Lama Pai Sifu
01-25-2008, 07:40 AM
I am not sure where you have been, but the Kung Fu forum has ALLWAYS been the general topic forum. Originally it was where the likes of Count Dante and Ashida kim got bashed, then for a long time it was where MMA guys bashed Kung Fu, now the old timers are pretty board because we have already discussed every possible martial arts topic there is, 100's of times, so other topics come up...which has allways happened to one degree or another.

If you wish to stick ONLY to martial topics, there is are a bunch of other sub forums here, each devoted to a specific area of martial arts from Qi Gong, to Shaolin Kung Fu, Mantis and even MMA. Just cruise those.

And if it makes you feel any better, I deleted my "Bush Family Finances" thread because a certain sub group here just cannot stop arguing about the same nauseating nonsense; so that is one less for you to complain about.

NO. You are wrong in this case. Allow me to point this out to YOU;

Kung Fu Forum
The flagship discussion roundtable of Kung Fu Magazine, open to all topics related to the Chinese Martial Arts.

Does this look familiar??

Where does it say that this is a good place to discuss 'Bush Family Finances" or "UFO Stories?"

YOU RD, are also a NON-TCMA poster on this forum.

I'm not saying that people left becuase of you, more likely, people left because of the recent flame wars with 1bad65 (?) and Rudy, Green Cloud (And a long list of adverseries including myself) etc.

None the less, if this board wants to come back to life, it needs to lose the sappy discussions about anything OTHER than martial arts related topics. Post whatever,...just make sure it has something to do with TCMA.

Werd..

Lama Pai Sifu
01-25-2008, 07:41 AM
Do you realize this thread has nothing to do with CMA?

Yes..lol.

But it is in the best interest of the forum IMHO.

Drake
01-25-2008, 08:03 AM
How about...

"CLF is the source of republican corruption"

See? It's related to martial arts. :)

Black Jack II
01-25-2008, 08:07 AM
But it is in the best interest of the forum IMHO

Curious,

When have you cared about the best interest of the forum?

Lama seems to gets lots of marketing time over here so don't worry man, your bases should be covered.

Lama Pai Sifu
01-25-2008, 08:15 AM
Curious,

When have you cared about the best interest of the forum?

Lama seems to gets lots of marketing time over here so don't worry man, your bases should be covered.

Marketing? Are you suggesting that I am using the forum to turn a profit? LOL, that's rich.

I have never enrolled a student or earned a dime from this forum...not that I wouldn't like to...just has never happened.

And why would you assume as to what I believe??

And DRAKE...I knew that, or something like it was coming, lol. Touche.

Black Jack II
01-25-2008, 08:20 AM
Marketing? Are you suggesting that I am using the forum to turn a profit? LOL, that's rich.

Nope. Your saying that. I just said it gets air time.

But it is in the best interest of the forum IMHO

there

BruceSteveRoy
01-25-2008, 08:23 AM
has there ever been a discussion about creating an off-topic forum? that way everyone is happy? i always thought it was kind of funny that the "kung fu" forum was the OT forum but where else would we put the non-sense?

Lama Pai Sifu
01-25-2008, 08:27 AM
YOU said "Marketing" time. What are you suggesting by saying "Marketing"?

If you were quoting me, you should have been able to answer your own question. If I said I felt it was in the best interest of the forum IMHO, then I'm OBVIOUSLY concernced with the best interest of the forum. I had just said it. There. Right there.

SINCE WHEN? You asked?

Well, at least since I wrote it, so your question should have been answered right then and there.

If you want an actual DATE as to when I FIRST were concerned about the best interests of the forum, well then - you should have ASKED that questions. And in case you do..I would say...sometime in early 07. I hope that helps.

:)

SifuAbel
01-25-2008, 08:27 AM
Oh please............... :rolleyes:

Like there's never been a flame war or an OT topic here. Big Deal.

If "people" are leaving its their own **** fault for being lazy and not adding anything. "People" have been "leaving" for years. If it wasn't the MMA is king rhetoric in the early days to the TCMA is an antiquated dinosaur by the so called "modernists", it was being bullied off the board by any number of groups who just felt like it. . Theres always something to **** people off.

Also, why bother talking about TCMA? Its been systematically demonized on this particular board to the point that its just a joke. And that is PARTICULARLY the fault of the people here.

Lama Pai Sifu
01-25-2008, 08:28 AM
has there ever been a discussion about creating an off-topic forum? that way everyone is happy? i always thought it was kind of funny that the "kung fu" forum was the OT forum but where else would we put the non-sense?

I think that is a good idea.

Drake
01-25-2008, 08:36 AM

I have never enrolled a student or earned a dime from this forum...not that I wouldn't like to...just has never happened.

And DRAKE...I knew that, or something like it was coming, lol. Touche.

Anything I can do for you, my kung fu brotha!

Now, if you posted a clip and said " Learn this and all of the ancient secrets of Lam Pai for only $29.99!", then you'd be marketing. I don't post my stuff because it's embarassing...lol

Black Jack II
01-25-2008, 08:37 AM
I think that is a good idea.

I think a better idea is to have a smashed Tara Reid take a steaming horse sized crap on a kwan-do and then perform a dance routine to Juke Box Hero while holding it over her head.

We as an audience can throw slices of serrano ham at her ass and see if we can get her to spill the dookie on the floor. Whoever gets her to drop the scat first wins a dirty sanchez from Abel.

MasterKiller
01-25-2008, 08:39 AM
For the 1,000,000,000 time, this IS the off-topic forum. The other forums here are focused on specific topics. This forum is for community interaction and networking.

If you don't like it, exercise your free will.

Drake
01-25-2008, 08:40 AM
For the 1,000,000,000 time, this IS the off-topic forum. The other forums here are focused on specific topics. This forum is for community interaction and networking.

Free will has nothing to do with martial arts...now, kick that tree before I kick you!

SifuAbel
01-25-2008, 08:40 AM
I think a better idea is to have a smashed Tara Reid take a steaming horse sized crap on a kwan-do and then perform a dance routine to Juke Box Hero while holding it over her head.

We as an audience can throw slices of serrano ham at her ass and see if we can get her to spill the dookie on the floor. Whoever gets her to drop the scat first wins a dirty sanchez from Abel.
Tequila is the devil, my brotha.

Lama Pai Sifu
01-25-2008, 08:43 AM

Wow. I actually don't even know how to respond to that. It takes a special type of person to come up with that scenario. :)

Lama Pai Sifu
01-25-2008, 08:46 AM

MK, I didn't know that. My apologies. Gene might consider changing the forum description to read accourdingly.

Peace.

Black Jack II
01-25-2008, 08:46 AM
Wow. I actually don't even know how to respond to that. It takes a special type of person to come up with that scenario.

Thank You:D

Pork Chop
01-25-2008, 08:59 AM
Most of the most skilled folks I met on this board left a long time ago.
Reasons ranged from "I'm just tired of giving out info and getting nothing back" to "the last time I posted a theory online it ended up on someone else's website" to "just too much arguing".

For whatever reason, at some point down the road this board took on a life of it's own.
Specific people and personalities have become the mainstay of this board, not the martial arts themselves. The only way to get any of that back now is to add more personalities who happen to do tcma. Though considering that we've beat every contemporary issue facing tcma firmly into the ground, i think ma-related conversations will always be secondary.

RD'S Alias - 1A
01-25-2008, 09:02 AM
The problem with trying to stick to a Kung fu topic, is that if you even think of doing so, the MMA junkies will swarm in and lynch you with the Awesomeness of MMA and then preceed to relentlessly point out the unlimited crapiness of TCMA thus totally derailing any positive productive Kung Fu discussions. All Kung fu topics ulitmatly disolve into the quagmire because of this.

By starting a thread NOT related to Kung fu, you can actually have a good conversation.

SifuAbel
01-25-2008, 09:04 AM
The problem with trying to stick to a Kung fu topic, is that if you even think of doing so, the MMA junkies will swarm in and lynch you with the Awesomeness of MMA and then preceed to relentlessly point out the unlimited crapiness of TCMA thus totally derailing any positive productive Kung Fu discussions. All Kung fu topics ulitmatly disolve into the quagmire because of this.

By starting a thread NOT related to Kung fu, you can actually have a good conversation.

what he said...........

Drake
01-25-2008, 09:05 AM
Most of the most skilled folks I met on this board left a long time ago.
Reasons ranged from "I'm just tired of giving out info and getting nothing back" to "the last time I posted a theory online it ended up on someone else's website" to "just too much arguing".

For whatever reason, at some point down the road this board took on a life of it's own.
Specific people and personalities have become the mainstay of this board, not the martial arts themselves. The only way to get any of that back now is to add more personalities who happen to do tcma. Though considering that we've beat every contemporary issue facing tcma firmly into the ground, i think ma-related conversations will always be secondary.

Wrong.

As far as CLF goes, we have very competent representatives from Buk Sing, Hung Sing, and LKH schools. Did we forget about CLFNole, Sifu Frank McCarthy, a student of GM Dino Salvatera, or that Buk Sing guy who went off like a roman candle when I thought his Master's nickname was stupid? How about our resident Lama Pai experts?

You are so off base here it's not even funny.

mok
01-25-2008, 09:06 AM
lamapai - honestly, this forum's been that way for ages... :)

...maybe you'd like to join in on www.hungkyun.com?

it's almost all hung kyun, but we do have discussions on related arts, including tibetan...

MasterKiller
01-25-2008, 09:09 AM
The reality is, if this board was ONLY about TCMA topics, we would have 3 posts a day. Check out any heavily moderated board, and you will see while the conversations remain on-topic, there isn't much being discussed.

As it is, this board generates a lot of traffic, which leads to a steady stream of discussion. The downside is you have a lot of crap, but no one is forcing you to click on threads about women or UFOs.

You can be traditional about it and take the punishment of the bad threads in the hope you will be rewarded in 30 years with some hard-earned, introspective truths.

Or, you can take the modern approach and only click on threads that you find useful, discarding the rest.

SifuAbel
01-25-2008, 09:10 AM
Wrong.

As far as CLF goes, we have very competent representatives from Buk Sing, Hung Sing, and LKH schools. Did we forget about CLFNole, Sifu Frank McCarthy, a student of GM Dino Salvatera, or that Buk Sing guy who went off like a roman candle when I thought his Master's nickname was stupid? How about our resident Lama Pai experts?

Your wrong is wrong.

There have been exponentially more people leaving then sticking around. If we had a tenth of the quality people that have posted here stick around, there would never be a shortage of good tcma convo on the main board.

Drake
01-25-2008, 09:13 AM
Your wrong is wrong.

There have been exponentially more people leaving then sticking around. If we had a tenth of the quality people that have posted here stick around, there would never be a shortage of good tcma convo on the main board.

Maybe they just decided that training and teaching was a better way to spend time than talking about it via a message board?

SifuAbel
01-25-2008, 09:15 AM
Maybe they just decided that training and teaching was a better way to spend time than talking about it via a message board?

And yet they were here to begin with. They must of had some time. You can't train and teach 24 hours a day.

WinterPalm
01-25-2008, 09:15 AM
And so, heralded by the late great LPS, the great KFO exodus began...

Drake
01-25-2008, 09:17 AM
And yet they were here to begin with. They must of had some time. You can't train and teach 24 hours a day.

I have some experiences in the service that counter that assertion.

SifuAbel
01-25-2008, 09:18 AM
I have some experiences in the service that counter that assertion.

Yet here you are. :rolleyes:

Lama Pai Sifu
01-25-2008, 09:28 AM
And so, heralded by the late great LPS, the great KFO exodus began...

Now that wasn't very nice. :(

BruceSteveRoy
01-25-2008, 09:34 AM
The reality is, if this board was ONLY about TCMA topics, we would have 3 posts a day. Check out any heavily moderated board, and you will see while the conversations remain on-topic, there isn't much being discussed.

As it is, this board generates a lot of traffic, which leads to a steady stream of discussion. The downside is you have a lot of crap, but no one is forcing you to click on threads about women or UFOs.

You can be traditional about it and take the punishment of the bad threads in the hope you will be rewarded in 30 years with some hard-earned, introspective truths.

Or, you can take the modern approach and only click on threads that you find useful, discarding the rest.

wow, that was actually pretty clever. i am impressed MK i guess you are smart despite what everyone says. ;)

Pork Chop
01-25-2008, 10:05 AM
Wrong.

Umm, how often do the majority of you guys post on the main board?
"The General" himself left the forum at large because he was sick of the anonymous attacks.
When Southern Fist Online was still up and running, I'm pretty sure a large number of those people you list preferred to hang out there.
Back in the day the main forum had a lot more people.
Heck, the Southern Forum used to have a lot more people.
I'm not naming names or pointing fingers, but this has not been the preferred place to "hang out" for a long time.

rogue
01-25-2008, 10:29 AM
Considering that the board has numerous forums for most major CMA styles what is left to discuss here?

I'm Rogue, and I've been a proud member of this forum since the first barbarian invasion came over from Mousel's forum. Could that be around 10 years ago?:eek:

lkfmdc
01-25-2008, 10:31 AM
my thoughts on this?

DUCK SEASON

diego
01-25-2008, 10:33 AM

It has completly degenerated into a generic social and political discussions forum.

I do believe that many of us are at fault here. The constant flame-wars, the bickering, challenge-matches, political threads and discussions regarding girlfriends and women are most likely the reason why many other 'good' posters appear to have left as well.

when i first cameon the forum in 911 it was all 911 threads, ufc wannabes trolling kung fu, and **** shaolin do topics...oh and bruce lee anniversary 300, and jet li and jackie have a new movie....

i try to get people talking about the non popular side of kung fu to spice things up a bit, change the tempo of the current if you will.:confused::D

1bad65
01-25-2008, 10:35 AM
Yet here you are. :rolleyes:

Not near as much as you!

Rudy: posts=4043
Drake: posts=349

sanjuro_ronin
01-25-2008, 10:38 AM
I say this:

MSphinx
01-25-2008, 10:39 AM
I say this:

Kiss me out of the bearded barley
Nightly, beside the green, green grass
Swing, swing, swing the spinning step
I'll wear those shoes and You will wear that dress.

Oh, kiss me beneath the milky twilight
Lead me, out on the moonlit floor
Lift your open hand,
Strike up the band and make the fireflies dance
Silver moon's sparkling,
So kiss me.

Kiss me, down by the broken tree house
Swing me, upon its hanging tire
Bring, bring, bring your flowered hat
We'll take the trail marked on your father's map

Oh, kiss me, beneath the milky twilight
Lift your open hand
Silver moon's sparkling,
So kiss me

Kiss me beneath the milky twilight
Lead me out on the moonlit floor
Lift your open hand
Silver moon's sparkling
So kiss me
So kiss me
So kiss me
So kiss me

diego
01-25-2008, 10:46 AM

maybe they decided to crosstrain...kung fu topics died down cuz kung fu as a popular topic has gone on auto-pilot...when the masters blessed the forums pre-911 the monks just came to america jackie and jet really crossedover to hollywood and that bruce lee guy came out with another movie....then ufc really blew, tony jah jumped the hong kong cinema fraternity and everyone is crosstraining...or they are on the individual style forums talking about there style...

kung fu is not number one like it was in 1999....

brucereiter
01-25-2008, 11:08 AM

http://forum.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45462

add to and talk about :-)

RD'S Alias - 1A
01-25-2008, 11:13 AM
Is it really my fault that my goofy thread topics get more attention than anything thats on topic?

Can't blame me,I am just bending to the consumers over whelming demand for silly entertainment!! :D

Shaolin Wookie
01-26-2008, 02:56 AM
Kiss me out of the bearded barley
Nightly, beside the green, green grass
Swing, swing, swing the spinning step
I'll wear those shoes and You will wear that dress.

Oh, kiss me beneath the milky twilight
Lift your open hand,
Silver moon's sparkling,
So kiss me.

Kiss me, down by the broken tree house
Swing me, upon its hanging tire
Bring, bring, bring your flowered hat
We'll take the trail marked on your father's map

Oh, kiss me, beneath the milky twilight
Lift your open hand
Silver moon's sparkling,
So kiss me

Kiss me beneath the milky twilight
Lead me out on the moonlit floor
Lift your open hand
Silver moon's sparkling
So kiss me
So kiss me
So kiss me
So kiss me

This signior is sound, safe, ready, and dumb
As ever was candle, carrot, or thumb;
Then away with these nasty devices, and show
How you rate the just merits of Signior *****.

Count Cazzo, who carries his nose very high,
In passion he swore his rival should die;
Then shut up himself to let the world know
Flesh and blood could not bear it from Signior *****.

A rabble of *****s who were welcome before,
Now finding the Porter denied 'em the door,
Maliciously waited his coming below
And inhumanly fell on Signior *****.

Nigh wearied out, the poor stranger did fly,
And along the Pall Mall they followed full cry;
The women, concerned, from every window
Cried, "Oh! for heavens' sake, save Signior *****!"

The good Lady Sandys burst into a laughter
To see how the ballocks came wobbling after,
And had not their weight retarded the foe,
Indeed 't had gone hard with Signior *****.
--Rochester

Shaolin Wookie
01-26-2008, 03:07 AM
Is it really my fault that my goofy thread topics get more attention than anything thats on topic?

Can't blame me,I am just bending to the consumers over whelming demand for silly entertainment!! :D

Well RD. I'm just going to ask the question we're all thinking, given recent news:

"Given your geographic location and your notorious track record with the female sex, have you been moving any blue plastic barrels lately?"

Oso
01-26-2008, 05:43 AM
somebody may have said this already. But, in the not too distant past Gene at least semi-officially gave the nod that the main forum would be the OT forum. Barring actually issuing challenges, use of the trick to allow cuss words to pass the filter (which I don't know, ******!!!!) and truly ugly arguments, he and the main forum mods let things roll because it's a draw to the rest of the forum.

Oso
01-26-2008, 05:47 AM

well......

rogue
01-26-2008, 07:43 AM
RABBIT SEASON!!!:mad:;)

RD'S Alias - 1A
01-26-2008, 08:25 AM
"Given your geographic location and your notorious track record with the female sex, have you been moving any blue plastic barrels lately?"

Reply] LOL!!! :D

You know, it's funny you mention that. I have a theory as to what is going on. There are several other women that have mysteriously dissapeared around here lately. I think there is a serial kidnapper/killer in the area who befriends and secretly dates married women by enticing them to cheat on thier husbands with him. Because they are cheats he sees no value in them, or thier lives and captures them to be used as sex slaves in his basement hideout.

By some totally bizzar quirk of fate, he managed to bag this wacky, goof ball of a Police Cheif's wife; who happens by sheer chance to have killed his previous wife and so far has gotten away with it. (something tells me they will never get enough to convict him on anything, or even bring him to trial, no matter what he did.)

Scott Perteson may very well be telling the truth 100%. His wife actually DID run away with another man. It just that,that other man is really the sex perv from the Movie "Joe Dirt", and has like 6 women all in a hole in his basement.

On the other hand, they found the remains of a female somewhere near the IM canal yesterday, and a Blue plastic barell was found near by (not that those things aren't everywhere mind you, and often seen partially submerged in river banks and littered about in the local forest preserves around here but...)

RD'S Alias - 1A
01-26-2008, 08:26 AM
Elmer Fudd Season!!!!

unkokusai
01-26-2008, 06:08 PM

www.dragonslist.com

www.defend.net

However, the real answer to your gripe is to just do your own part and make more TMA threads.