PDA

View Full Version : My Video

Eddie
01-27-2008, 06:05 AM
ok guys, as I said before, I found a box full of old videos and decided to convert them all to pc format and upload it to you tube. The first one is from a video i made around 8 years ago. It was just one of those videos you make that help you remember the forms etc, and was never intended for public viewing.

I taped most of my forms, but this first video is only on the 2 basic forms we do in LKHCLF(geiboon yat and gei boon yi), Che Kuen, siu lum staff and siu moih fah. Now, I do know there are plenty of mistakes, as I say, I've had 8 years to correct them, so please dont be to brutal on me. Also, this was my first attempt at making videos, and I made a good few mistakes. Maybe I'll redo this one at a later stage, but for now I think this will do.

I'd like to hear some honest comments and feedback, how ever critical it may be.

Well, here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWYjlsl66tg

:cool:

diego
01-27-2008, 06:49 AM
ok guys, as I said before, I found a box full of old videos and decided to convert them all to pc format and upload it to you tube. The first one is from a video i made around 8 years ago. It was just one of those videos you make that help you remember the forms etc, and was never intended for public viewing.

I taped most of my forms, but this first video is only on the 2 basic forms we do in LKHCLF(geiboon yat and gei boon yi), Che Kuen, siu lum staff and siu moih fah. Now, I do know there are plenty of mistakes, as I say, I've had 8 years to correct them, so please dont be to brutal on me. Also, this was my first attempt at making videos, and I made a good few mistakes. Maybe I'll redo this one at a later stage, but for now I think this will do.

I'd like to hear some honest comments and feedback, how ever critical it may be.

Well, here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWYjlsl66tg

:cool:

Hello Eddie:)......I'm half way through the tape and I seen LKH perform...I like your video, you should revamp a 2008 version.

Lama Pai Sifu
01-27-2008, 08:24 AM
Nice Job Eddie. Keep it up,...film some more stuff.

Let me know when you will make it to the states again.

By the way..where did the shaolin staff come from? The reason asked is because Sifu Lily Lau taught it to me in the late 90's. She was my Sifu's god-daughter and spent a day with me at my school on a trip to new york when she came to my Simo's funeral.

Peace.

Eddie
01-27-2008, 08:43 AM
Thanks, i'll do just that. Im also playing Dai Sing Pek Gwar now, and have filmed on set of that already. Maybe I will put that one up on youtube this week. Im much bigger now though and I actually have hair again ;)

Lama Pie Sifu, I think CLFNole would be better person to tell you about the form than me, but as far as I know, its actually Jing Mo Siu Lum gwun... or somehting like that. Probably a generic staff form.

We learned Che Kuen in South Africa around 87 or so, and its the same che kuen they still do at the HK univeristy at Kwon Jo ying's school. The USA branch dont do the same Che Kuen (theirs is longer), but I think thats a very good form to teach basics.

anyways, thanks for watching.

I also havde some pro fights on video, but I have two minds about posting that. ;)

hskwarrior
01-27-2008, 08:50 AM
Nice Job Eddie!!!!!:d

Its About Time You Joined Us All With Video's.

Lama Pai Sifu
01-27-2008, 08:13 PM
Lama Pie Sifu, I think CLFNole would be better person to tell you about the form than me, but as far as I know, its actually Jing Mo Siu Lum gwun... or somehting like that. Probably a generic staff form.

That would make sense. She also insisted on teaching me the Jing Mo Tam Teui as well.

Looking forward to your other vids.

jow yeroc
01-28-2008, 07:46 AM
Cool vid eddie. Thanks for sharing.

banditshaw
01-28-2008, 12:43 PM
Nice video.

The Siu Mui Fa set is near identical to the one I do.

Kudos!

CLFNole
01-28-2008, 01:02 PM
Eddie:

When you were here last did we show you the old style version of Che Kuen (Ng Lun Choy)? (The one that is much longer). The one you know is the version that they taught at the university in HK (I think it is the version in the book as well).

Peace.

L

Eddie
01-29-2008, 02:09 AM
Eddie:

When you were here last did we show you the old style version of Che Kuen (Ng Lun Choy)? (The one that is much longer). The one you know is the version that they taught at the university in HK (I think it is the version in the book as well).

Peace.

L

Nope, you never showed me, but this one is the same as Joe Kwon do. The one we learned back then. I dont teach that set at beginner level anymore (Joe's been speaking of setting up a formal curriculum for all the schools now), but I still like the form allot.