PDA

View Full Version : Height

SomeGuy
07-17-2001, 07:45 AM
I need help. Im short and I wanna get taller. What can I do to get taller? Is there any kind of exercises or chi kung exercises or meditations or any diet tips or suggestions anyone can make? What in Kung Fu can help me get taller? (I practice Hung Gar by the way). What should I avoid? Any advice or suggestions or any info will be helpful.

Thanks

prana
07-17-2001, 09:52 AM
if you will think I am being sarcastic. I hope you won't...

Anyway if you walk, sit and breath with the posture of a straightened arrow, the arrowhead poiting straight up in the sky, you will find that your posture will improve and your health (and thoughts...)will also improve somewhat.

Good luck.. I hope someone else can give you a better answer.

Recognise the vivid blue lights of Lord Vairochana.
Recognise the blinding white lights of Lord Aksobhya.
Recognise the brilliant yellow lights of Lord Ratnasambhava.
Recognise the fiery red lights of Lord Amithaba.
Recognise the pure green lights of Lord Amoghasiddhi.

Mojo
07-17-2001, 04:48 PM
You will need some rope, a tree, a stool and some weights for this.
First you need to tie about 100 lbs to your feet.
Then make a noose with another length of rope and attach one end to the base of the tree and throw the other end over a branch.
Get up on the stool and put the noose around your neck.
Jump off stool.
This will stretch you good and tall.

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Nexus
07-17-2001, 06:29 PM
Why do you want to be tall, its always more impressive when the short guy kicks butt in the movies!

You know, like the wizard of oz in munchkinville, or the umpa loompas in willy wonka? By the way, I thought I recognized you!

:D :D ;)

Freedom is what you do with what is done to you. - Sartres

dwid
07-17-2001, 08:53 PM
If there were a qi gong exercise that made you taller, I think it would be reflected in the average height of chinese people.

Drink milk, especially the kind loaded with those growth hormones. Maybe that'll help.

SomeGuy
07-17-2001, 10:58 PM
Yeah I use to drink milk all the time when I was younger. It hasn't helped all that much. I agree its more impressive when the lil dude kix arse. It doesn't help all that much in the girl department tho. I also still dont know how to use shortness as an advantage with infighting and grappling. I would wanna grow at least a few more inches anyway regardless of anything. I know height is relatively insignificant I just wanna reach my full growth potential for myself.

Nexus
07-17-2001, 11:53 PM
Don't let the vanity of size make you feel as if you are less then anyone else. It was infact rather small people who invented almost all of the eastern martial arts. Beyond that, there are a million tall guys out there, but the small guys who make a big difference are suddenly given more respect as they are thought to have had to truly earn there way...

In terms of women, if you are concerned that the way you look in terms of height is the reason behind you not having lady friends then you should buy a mirror from those mirror houses. But realistically, if a woman doesn't like you for your height, then she isn't the lady for you. Be a good person and the people that matter will like you for who you are.

Freedom is what you do with what is done to you. - Sartres