PDA

View Full Version : do i'm officially going vegan tomorrow

golden arhat
01-28-2008, 03:59 PM
see how it goes

that will make it alcohol cigarettes drugs promiscuous sex meat and all animal products ive given up so far

LOL

wish me luck

Lucas
01-28-2008, 04:02 PM
why do you need luck?

golden arhat
01-28-2008, 04:04 PM
i dont but its always good XD

Mas Judt
01-28-2008, 04:17 PM
So what's left to live for? :D

Lucas
01-28-2008, 04:20 PM
i dont but its always good XD

;)

GL then

Egg fu young
01-28-2008, 04:23 PM
see how it goes

that will make it alcohol cigarettes drugs promiscuous sex meat and all animal products ive given up so far

LOL

wish me luck

we walk the same path..........except I'm married so it's not promiscuous sex I gave up, just sex.

Sicilian Tofu M
01-28-2008, 04:24 PM
Stay raw with your fruits veg and nuts or your health will go down hill, cooking takes 90% of the things your body needs. I wish I could do it.

Mr Punch
01-28-2008, 04:44 PM
see how it goes

LOL

wish me luckCool. I did it for nine years after 5 years a veggie. Only stopped cos I was working all hours in here in Japan, so couldn't make my own food and if I couldn't've eaten fish I'd've died basically!

Keep up the proteins. The whole thing about veggies not getting enough proteins is a myth of course, but watch out for the balance of proteins: every meal TWO of the big three: grains, nuts, pulses: then you should get your amino balance right... and eat big on the protein to keep your training going. I was extremely healthy for those nine years (maybe two colds)... and full of energy, but probably very underweight at 6'1" and 63 kg (now I'm 6'1" (!) and 80 kg and much stronger, though my endurance has gone down for various unconnected reasons.

Also remember it doesn't suit everybody, so if you feel yourself feeling low for no apparent reason experiment with altering your diet and if it's what it ultimately takes, quit!

GL

Mat.

RD'S Alias - 1A
01-28-2008, 05:11 PM
Why would you give up meat? AND Sex?

I can see one or the other, especially the sex because that is allways accompanied by some emotionally out of controll female who is trying to chain you down and enslave you into doing house hold projects on your day off when you should be napping under some shade trees in your hammock, all while guilt tripping you because she ate too many chocolates and now thinks she is Fat, but why go Veggie? There is no downside to a full diet rich in Animal proteins.

David Jamieson
01-28-2008, 05:36 PM
good thing you're still a teenager, because now you will have some time to turn that all around and live a little. lol

now, if you were approaching senior citizenship, I would be much more encouraging, but because you haven't REALLY experienced many of those things that you are "giving up", I'm gonna have to just leave it at have fun with that. :)

p.s sex with yourself is still sex. :p

BruceSteveRoy
01-28-2008, 06:58 PM
you can't believe how relieved i am to hear this arhat. this makes me feel much much better. you see i intended to double my intake of meat and animal products and hopefully eliminate veggies, fruits, nuts, grains... pretty much all non meats. i also intended on only drinking milk and animal blood. thank god for people like you to balance out the world. :p

BruceSteveRoy
01-28-2008, 07:04 PM
Stay raw with your fruits veg and nuts or your health will go down hill, cooking takes 90% of the things your body needs. I wish I could do it.

yeah just be glad you don't have Oral Allergy Syndrome (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oral_allergy_syndrome) like me.

Oso
01-28-2008, 08:33 PM
you can't believe how relieved i am to hear this arhat. this makes me feel much much better. you see i intended to double my intake of meat and animal products and hopefully eliminate veggies, fruits, nuts, grains... pretty much all non meats. i also intended on only drinking milk and animal blood. thank god for people like you to balance out the world. :p

crap...we need to find someone else, I'd already immediately taken dibs when I saw the title of the thread...but, we'll share halfsies till another dupe comes along. :)

monji112000
01-28-2008, 08:39 PM
see how it goes

LOL

wish me luck
what is the point of all that? Are you looking to be a monk or something?
Everyone must have a few bad habits.

Lucas
01-28-2008, 08:43 PM

rofl

that was some funny ****, just like that syndrome of a down stuff LOL

RD'S Alias - 1A
01-28-2008, 08:44 PM
Do you have Leather shoes, boots or a belt? How about a Leather coat?

Lucas
01-28-2008, 08:46 PM
Do you have Leather shoes, boots or a belt? How about a Leather coat?

i think i asked him that once.

edit:

i think the answer was no, or very little.

Mr Punch
01-28-2008, 11:33 PM
LOL at Bruce and Oso... classic! :D

Do you have Leather shoes, boots or a belt? How about a Leather coat?I knew some dip**** would come out with this...

Why is it that when someone decides that they aren't comfortable with consuming flesh

a) they are attacked, probed and questioned at all?

b) They should somehow makes excuses for where they draw the line?

OK, so (a) can by answered by Fred's constant public baiting and slating of onnivores... but (b)? Unless you are agreeing that he has the morally superior hand by being a vegetarian and championing animal welfare this argument can only ever be a syllogistic fallacy and an ad hominem by association.

Mr Punch
01-28-2008, 11:33 PM
Plus:
i think i asked him that once.

edit:

i think the answer was no, or very little.

!

:D

Drake
01-29-2008, 01:04 AM
I don't think I could go vegan. There's too much carnivore in me.

Drake
01-29-2008, 01:05 AM
What do you think it'd do for the vegan population if fruits and vegetables could scream?

Eddie
01-29-2008, 03:05 AM
Ive been a vegetarian for most my life now. I don’t wear leather goods either. I’m happy.

Problem is just, there are allot of carbohydrates in veggies and soya products. You do need to limit your carb intake, otherwise you will just end up having the usual vegetarian body.

Extra protein cannot harm you, so I suggest you get a good protein shake.

Oh yes, and I gave up all the other things you gave up too (well, like the other guy im also married so it basically means no sex). Its not as hard as you may think. I party hard, and often out party my friends. You don’t need alcohol to have a good time.

monkeyfoot
01-29-2008, 03:18 AM
Everyone must have a few bad habits.

Yes but why should meat/sex be considered as bad habits? I think anyone that is in a relationship and says 'im giving up sex' has to be prepared for either breaking up or coming home to find your wife getting it on with some other guy.
Sex, although not the be-all-end-all, is such a crucial part in a relationship. Its unnatural to not share intimate moments with your partner, especially if the reason is because you have some warped fantasy of being this 'monk/sage' sorta guy who 'refrains from the temptations of the world'.

Seriously, I developed into that kinda person....and then one day I realised what the **** I was doing and how much this hippie bull**** had taken over me.

At some point in life women will like and want sex. Deprive them of sexual satisfaction and say goodbye to your marriage/relationship/whatever

craig

Drake
01-29-2008, 03:29 AM
Yes but why should meat/sex be considered as bad habits? I think anyone that is in a relationship and says 'im giving up sex' has to be prepared for either breaking up or coming home to find your wife getting it on with some other guy.
Sex, although not the be-all-end-all, is such a crucial part in a relationship. Its unnatural to not share intimate moments with your partner, especially if the reason is because you have some warped fantasy of being this 'monk/sage' sorta guy who 'refrains from the temptations of the world'.

Seriously, I developed into that kinda person....and then one day I realised what the **** I was doing and how much this hippie bull**** had taken over me.

At some point in life women will like and want sex. Deprive them of sexual satisfaction and say goodbye to your marriage/relationship/whatever

craig

What my bro to the north just said.

monkeyfoot
01-29-2008, 03:41 AM
(well, like the other guy im also married so it basically means no sex)

Seriously.....why the hell does marriage = no sex???

Given I am not married....but I have been with my partner for over 6 years....I just dont have the piece of paper showing that the government says we love each other.

Yes sex dies down once a relationship evolves.....but it should never burn out all together! You risk too much if this is more your will than your partners. If it is your will, then I would seriously visualize your wife rolling about in bed laughing with some other guy.....because this will be your future....whether you find out about it or not.
If its an agreed thing then fair enough....not all couples have sex.

If sex has just 'burnt out' then its either yours, your partners or both of yours fault. Its too easy to fall into the trap of letting sex become a chore/methodical/onesided/stale experience....
You dont have to try new things all the time, just re-find that passion that you once had for your other half when you were first together.

If you do that...I dont think that you could say 'I dont want to have sex'.

Craig

Drake
01-29-2008, 03:48 AM
I think if one abstains from sex, then marriage might not be the best idea for that lifestyle.

golden arhat
01-29-2008, 04:02 AM
Why would you give up meat? AND Sex?

I can see one or the other, especially the sex because that is allways accompanied by some emotionally out of controll female who is trying to chain you down and enslave you into doing house hold projects on your day off when you should be napping under some shade trees in your hammock, all while guilt tripping you because she ate too many chocolates and now thinks she is Fat, but why go Veggie? There is no downside to a full diet rich in Animal proteins.

i gave up promiscuous sex ie sex without a comitted caring relationship

and yeah the downside

a whole host of cancers ?

and yeah if your all about global warming u should pack meat in
if everyone did that it would have tghe same effect as replacing your car with a hybrid car

as life stock
produce FAR more grreen house gasses than cars

golden arhat
01-29-2008, 04:04 AM
good thing you're still a teenager, because now you will have some time to turn that all around and live a little. lol

now, if you were approaching senior citizenship, I would be much more encouraging, but because you haven't REALLY experienced many of those things that you are "giving up", I'm gonna have to just leave it at have fun with that. :)

p.s sex with yourself is still sex. :p

ive been totally drunk before and had all the bnegative consequences from that
ive done drugs before including cocaine

i made a conscious decision to better myself

golden arhat
01-29-2008, 04:11 AM
i havent given up sex

i have given up PROMISCUOUS sex

that is

sex outside of a relationship

no one night stands etc

Drake
01-29-2008, 04:16 AM
i havent given up sex

that is

no one night stands etc

I don't see the difference, except exclusive shag rights.

Drake
01-29-2008, 04:20 AM
i gave up promiscuous sex ie sex without a comitted caring relationship

and yeah the downside

a whole host of cancers ?

and yeah if your all about global warming u should pack meat in
if everyone did that it would have tghe same effect as replacing your car with a hybrid car

as life stock
produce FAR more grreen house gasses than cars

Did you ever consider how much greenhouse gasses we produce by existing? Maybe we should do some mass executions? 6 billion people are harmful to the planet.
Oh, and scientifically speaking, a number as large as the difference in greenhouse gasses by changing every vehicle to hybrid stands little to no chance of being perfectly matched by any other action. I think this is an unproven generalization.

Also, if livestock naturaly produces greenhouse gasses, then you are forcing the concept that global warming is an unavoidable eventuality as biodiversity increases. Being that if they were left to roam, as the buffalo were, they would emit the same amount of greenhouse gasses, and not be controlled population-wise.

Additionally, vegans consume more plant life than omnivores, thus reducing the amount of CO2 conversion in a shorter time.

I love this kind of logic...it's like volleyball without the school bully spiking you in the face.

Eddie
01-29-2008, 04:49 AM
Scientists developed a cake that takes away a womans sex drive.

Its called a wedding cake.

:rolleyes:

Eddie
01-29-2008, 04:56 AM
GA, I see your ‘straight edge’ comment in your sig. Henry Rollins will be in SA next month performing at some gig.

I live an ‘alternative’ life style (not alternative sex … just in case someone thought that)(bohemian if you want to use that word), and while it can be a little tough, specially in a very closed minded society such as the one I live in, its actually very rewarding. They wanna call you a hippy, then let them. They have their own lives to worry about.

Next thing you must give up - credit cards and the usual financial traps we are so often tempted with in modern society. If you cant afford something, then save until you can. Living of credit is just so much more expensive.

Good luck to you.

MSphinx
01-29-2008, 05:22 AM
see how it goes

LOL

wish me luck

Are you allowed Creatine if you're vegan? If so, it might be a good idea to take some since you're not getting it from meat. Read the stories below to see why it's important to have Creatine:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/3145223.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/1002290.stm

stricker
01-29-2008, 06:04 AM
i'd say good luck with it, but honestly it doesnt jive with me now...

i spent my late teen years with a mix of straight edgers, pot-head and alkies, so ive seen all sides of it, and experimented with all of them...

i'm now vegetarian, tee total, drug free, don't own a television, and sex is ethical. i wear about as little leather as possible, mainly 'cos i find it a bit disturbing wrapping dead people around my waist, and leather jackets are typically for *******s :p

but, at times hard training takes its toll on the body, so whey protein, creatine, and i've broken strict vegetarianism with chondroitin\collagen for the cartilage damage...

so anyway enough about me, on to you mr arhat...

1) going vegan, if you're training you need to eat a LOT! a friend of mine was fully vegan and labouring, digging all day etc, and he said you can do it, but the volume of food you need to eat is huge...

i think people like mike mahler are a good resource on this...

2) the whole 'ethical living' thing... don't let it consume you. straight edgers are idiots clinging to a sense of identity just the same as the beer boys. don't live in denial, just be true to yourself and what you want and live in the moment...

if you see a hottie and you want to get it on with her, dont deny it man. but, be straight up and true to yourself and do the right thing, don't be unethical about it... you need to read eddie bravo's book LOL

same with eating, drinking, whatever, do what YOU want to do and is right for you... so just chill out a bit, lay off the minor threat and brother kaine **** for a while... some of the most uptight ****ed up people i know are these 'awareness' and 'consciousness' freaks with super-ethical living styles...

you see straight edge etc is just a reaction against the modern ****-head lifestyle just the same as the ****-head lifestyle itself... best thing is to step away from both...

good luck to you and good to see you're thinking outside the box a bit...

diego
01-29-2008, 06:10 AM
What do you think it'd do for the vegan population if fruits and vegetables could scream?

BUT THEY CAN'T SCREAM SO YOU'RE REDUNDANT;) but your dog can, I assume you would feel odd if someone stir fried Scooby right?...

Drake
01-29-2008, 07:51 AM
BUT THEY CAN'T SCREAM SO YOU'RE REDUNDANT;) but your dog can, I assume you would feel odd if someone stir fried Scooby right?...

This reminds me of a Faces of Death movie where this Vietnamese family cut open a little puppy while it was still alive and crying. :eek:

I'd eat dog if need be, but I'd put it down first!

RD'S Alias - 1A
01-29-2008, 09:52 AM
i havent given up sex

that is

no one night stands etc

Reply]
So you are actually punishing yourself with a relationship? Are you MAD? Or just Young? Women are so restraining! they try to controll you, they don't let you rest, they allways try and guilt you into doing things when you are supposed to be resting after working all week, and they try to put your soul into thier dolls, and they pressure you to skip workouts and "Snuggle" with them and get upset because you want sex for your troubles...
and then give you that sex but expect compensation for it in the form of going shopping at some dumb home improvement store for agonizing hour, after agonizing hour when they could have just been in and out by themselves.

Why would someone prefer THAT over just getting the sex and maybe breakfast the next morning and then never seeing them again?

Why intentionally bash your head against the wall and willingly subject your self to physical and bizzaro emotional enslavement?

Why not just get the sex, fun and none of the headaches?

BruceSteveRoy
01-29-2008, 10:05 AM
you have more baggage than hefty. seriously, if the kid wants a relationship than good for him. they aren't all crazy. my wife doesnt do any of that stuff and i am perfectly happy. at some point a person that has that many insane relationships and problems with women needs to step back and look at themselves a little more clearly.

RD'S Alias - 1A
01-29-2008, 10:18 AM
It's a delusion bro. In 5-7 years you will be divorced. You will remember this post and how you scoffed at me... and then wonder how it is I knew your future. :)

BruceSteveRoy
01-29-2008, 10:22 AM
maybe the one common thing in all your failed relationships is you.

RD'S Alias - 1A
01-29-2008, 12:38 PM
When I was going through my Divorce my attourny told me

65-70% of ALL first marriages fail

50% of second marriages fail

30-35% of all third marriages fail

So even if I am not Psycic, unless you are on your 4th marriage, the odds are not looking very good for your relationship.

In addition, I don't know more than a *Small* number of people who are actually happy in a relationship, and of the ones I knew prior to thier marriage, they were Much happier before than they are now.

I can hardly see how I am involved in any of that.

BruceSteveRoy
01-29-2008, 12:58 PM
ok well i'll tell you what i learned in college. your stats are not correct. 2nd marriages are al.most twice as likely to fail than first and 3rd are statistically simialr to 2nd. first marriages have about a 51% chance of succedding.

that said. its pretty much just being a pr!ck to go around saying that a persons marriage is going to fail just because you personally can't hold a relationship together or even find a decent woman.

edit: unless the statistics have changed dramatically in the past 4 years

sanjuro_ronin
01-29-2008, 01:08 PM
When I was going through my Divorce my attourny told me

65-70% of ALL first marriages fail

50% of second marriages fail

30-35% of all third marriages fail

So even if I am not Psycic, unless you are on your 4th marriage, the odds are not looking very good for your relationship.

In addition, I don't know more than a *Small* number of people who are actually happy in a relationship, and of the ones I knew prior to thier marriage, they were Much happier before than they are now.

I can hardly see how I am involved in any of that.

100% of all failed marriages fail.

RD'S Alias - 1A
01-29-2008, 01:34 PM
That is because Marriage itself is the leading cause of Divorce.

RD'S Alias - 1A
01-29-2008, 01:41 PM
ok well i'll tell you what i learned in college. your stats are not correct. 2nd marriages are al.most twice as likely to fail than first and 3rd are statistically simialr to 2nd. first marriages have about a 51% chance of succedding.

Reply]
Why is that? One would think that by the second marriage the lessons from the first would have been learned, thus upping the odds of success.

My figures are from the mid 1990's, so yours are more current.

Now, here is the real question "WHY is there such a high divorce rate? Also, since most date quite a bit before getting married, why did all the previous relationships fail before finally getting one to last long enough to make it to the wedding?

When you add up all the women you dated prior to finding the one you married (IE all the failed relationships prior to the one you married), AND the divorce from the first 2 wives, which is a common state across the whole population, you will see relationships failing is the standard for humans...or at least Americans.

happy lasting marriage seem to be the extreme exception, rather than the rule...it's the idealistic dream rarely realized...and even then more rarely pore than a temporary realization.

BruceSteveRoy
01-29-2008, 02:18 PM
there is a statistically significant correlation between the number of partners (talking about pair bonds not necessarily sexual partners) a person has prior to marriage with the success of marriage. the numbers have shown that the fewer relationships a person has the longer their marriage will last and the less likely their chance of divorce. conversely the more partners, the more likely the divorce. the commonly held belief is that people who, at a younger age, switch from partner to partner become more inclined to view relationships as temporary, disposable things. if i recall the numbers correctly it was something like more than 5 significant relationships prior to marriage was the critical value for seriously compromising the chances of a successful marriage. this also coincides with the question you had about the reason that 2nd marriages and subsequent marriages have a lower statistical probability of success. the more often you divorce/breakup the less invested you become in the next relationship. the easier it is to give up on it.

which is probably, and here i go getting back on topic, why its a good idea for fred here to start looking towards settling down and not being a man wh0re.

RD'S Alias - 1A
01-29-2008, 03:56 PM
Hmm, very interesting. So statistically speaking I am actually ripe for a long term relationship to work then.

I have had 2 serious long term relationships, and 2 rather intense but sort termed ones with women I really liked, but who seemed to see relationships as disposable and were full of dishonesty/sneakiness issues.

I had one other short term that was pretty significant, but it was a long distance one and that did not work due to the infeasibility of things (she is actually a really good match for me I think). Which gives me a total of 5, not counting a bunch of 1 or 2 date girls from Match.com...all of which scared me in one way or another almost at first meeting (The Doll Chick being the most famous of them).

Mas Judt
01-29-2008, 04:29 PM
I find stupidity to be the single biggest cause of divorce. It can be categorized like Qi:

Original Stupidity: This is the stupidity you come with into the relationship

Nourishing Stupidity: This is thr stupidity you get from the media (food) and others (air)

Generated Stupidity: This is the stupidity you get from being actively stupid and interacting with the stupidity of your mate.

Next: Five Element Relationship Theory...

golden arhat
01-29-2008, 06:15 PM
Did you ever consider how much greenhouse gasses we produce by existing? Maybe we should do some mass executions? 6 billion people are harmful to the planet.
Oh, and scientifically speaking, a number as large as the difference in greenhouse gasses by changing every vehicle to hybrid stands little to no chance of being perfectly matched by any other action. I think this is an unproven generalization.

Also, if livestock naturaly produces greenhouse gasses, then you are forcing the concept that global warming is an unavoidable eventuality as biodiversity increases. Being that if they were left to roam, as the buffalo were, they would emit the same amount of greenhouse gasses, and not be controlled population-wise.

Additionally, vegans consume more plant life than omnivores, thus reducing the amount of CO2 conversion in a shorter time.

I love this kind of logic...it's like volleyball without the school bully spiking you in the face.

70 billion animals were killed last year and that number is probably going to increase this year

thats just in the usa
thats a direct result of livestock production

if you believe in global warming being man made( and i dont, for the record)
u have to accept that the grand majority of it comes from factory farming

if left to its own devices cattle would never have been bred by us and wouldnt be giving off all the gasses

u say we are doing it just by living ?
there are 6 billion humans, period, more or less

70 billion are killed off every year to feed you

get it right

golden arhat
01-29-2008, 06:27 PM
So you are actually punishing yourself with a relationship? Are you MAD? Or just Young? Women are so restraining! they try to controll you, they don't let you rest, they allways try and guilt you into doing things when you are supposed to be resting after working all week, and they try to put your soul into thier dolls, and they pressure you to skip workouts and "Snuggle" with them and get upset because you want sex for your troubles...
and then give you that sex but expect compensation for it in the form of going shopping at some dumb home improvement store for agonizing hour, after agonizing hour when they could have just been in and out by themselves.

Why would someone prefer THAT over just getting the sex and maybe breakfast the next morning and then never seeing them again?

Why intentionally bash your head against the wall and willingly subject your self to physical and bizzaro emotional enslavement?

Why not just get the sex, fun and none of the headaches?

1 you are messed up. where the hell do you find these women ?

2 i'm comfortable saying that i'd rather be in a caring loving relationship with someone that matters to me when i have sex, and for it to mean something, its something you quite evidently dont understand.

monkeyfoot
01-29-2008, 06:32 PM
the numbers have shown that the fewer relationships a person has the longer their marriage will last and the less likely their chance of divorce.

I am 22 and have been with my girl for 6 years. We were 16 when we got together and have enjoyed being with each other ever since. We make our relationship work by simply being a team, not two separate people trying to create an 'ideal' of what they think a perfect relationship should be. Neither one of us is superior or dominant and therefore decisions are made equally and fairly.

We've never gotton married because this way we are kept on our toes. There is nothing to stop either one of us walking out on each other, and therefore we respect the reason we are together, and dont become comfortable and take each other for granted.

To many relationships fail due to a lack of respect for the other person This, doubled with little communication and lazyness breeds disaster. Put the effort in you reap the rewards. KUNG FU GUYS KUNG FU!!!

But no one relationship is perfect.....everyone has something to work at

craig

golden arhat
01-29-2008, 06:40 PM
i'd say good luck with it, but honestly it doesnt jive with me now...

i spent my late teen years with a mix of straight edgers, pot-head and alkies, so ive seen all sides of it, and experimented with all of them...

i'm now vegetarian, tee total, drug free, don't own a television, and sex is ethical. i wear about as little leather as possible, mainly 'cos i find it a bit disturbing wrapping dead people around my waist, and leather jackets are typically for *******s :p

but, at times hard training takes its toll on the body, so whey protein, creatine, and i've broken strict vegetarianism with chondroitin\collagen for the cartilage damage...

so anyway enough about me, on to you mr arhat...

1) going vegan, if you're training you need to eat a LOT! a friend of mine was fully vegan and labouring, digging all day etc, and he said you can do it, but the volume of food you need to eat is huge...i eat alot, lol its all good

i think people like mike mahler are a good resource on this...

2) the whole 'ethical living' thing... don't let it consume you. straight edgers are idiots clinging to a sense of identity just the same as the beer boys. don't live in denial, just be true to yourself and what you want and live in the moment... i totally get what your saying man, i dont think the scene here has got to the proportions of the US yet and most straight edgers i see are sincere comitted people, ive found most of the guys who just want something to cling to sell out pretty quickly.

if you see a hottie and you want to get it on with her, dont deny it man. but, be straight up and true to yourself and do the right thing, don't be unethical about it... you need to read eddie bravo's book LOL i still get off with girls lol, i just reserve sex for girls i actually care about.

same with eating, drinking, whatever, do what YOU want to do and is right for you... so just chill out a bit, lay off the minor threat and brother kaine **** for a while... some of the most uptight ****ed up people i know are these 'awareness' and 'consciousness' freaks with super-ethical living styles... i am doing whats right for me lol, i dont let my lifestyle interefere with me having a good time and enjoying myself cos otherwise whats the point right ? if you cant have fun in life whast the point living well? so yeah man i'm doing whats right for me, i dont think that will change but who knows, so i'l continue to do what seems right for me in the future.

you see straight edge etc is just a reaction against the modern ****-head lifestyle just the same as the ****-head lifestyle itself... best thing is to step away from both...
nah see i think its good to represent what your against and what your for, in groups if necessary, where would most political parties be today if they didnt band together in what makes them democrats or republicans or nazi's or communists etc, straight edge is whats right for me, and my decision to not be apart of somethign which i abhor

good luck to you and good to see you're thinking outside the box a bit...

yeah man thanx for the input, nice to see someone that doesnt have the usual anti sXe prejudics that u so often find

RD'S Alias - 1A
01-29-2008, 07:23 PM
I am 22 and have been with my girl for 6 years. We were 16 when we got together and have enjoyed being with each other ever since

Reply]
I met my first wife at 15. At the 6 year mark I had no clue there was anything but sheer bliss. I can remember talking just like you at one time....she apparently hated me but was addicted to the sex so she just faked the rest of it. That lasted for a total of 14 years, but the last 2 - 1/2 were a bitter divorce, so you can only count 12 of them. Although things between us got cold and adversarial as soon as my daughter was born.

Looking back, it was a cold relationship based on sex the whole time, and I didn't even know it because I had not yet experienced real passion with a woman. Once I did, I saw how little I really had with the ex wife and could not understand why I thought so highly of her and our marriage.

What I "Thought" was such a solid thing was really an empty sham the whole time and I just could not yet see it back then. She apparently could and had been seriously thinking of leaving me for at least half the marriage. Aside from the Sex, she stayed because I treated her so well, but didn't even really like me, let alone love me.....in other words she just used me all that time because it suited her at the time....

David Jamieson
01-29-2008, 07:29 PM
just realize this: The more you deny yourself something, the more you will obsess about it.

this is why moderation is taught as the best approach. life consuming life is the way it is, just because you eat plants doesn't mean you aren't killing.

Eddie
01-30-2008, 01:18 AM
i met my wife at 19 - im 33 this year.

We are pretty happy, though we have our ups and downs. We basically moved in with each other right away (well, she was still in school at the time but our home situations lead for us to move in together).

I hope your stats are wrong. I really hope so ;)

monkeyfoot
01-30-2008, 04:29 AM
I am 22 and have been with my girl for 6 years. We were 16 when we got together and have enjoyed being with each other ever since

Reply]
I met my first wife at 15. At the 6 year mark I had no clue there was anything but sheer bliss. I can remember talking just like you at one time....she apparently hated me but was addicted to the sex so she just faked the rest of it. That lasted for a total of 14 years, but the last 2 - 1/2 were a bitter divorce, so you can only count 12 of them. Although things between us got cold and adversarial as soon as my daughter was born.

Looking back, it was a cold relationship based on sex the whole time, and I didn't even know it because I had not yet experienced real passion with a woman. Once I did, I saw how little I really had with the ex wife and could not understand why I thought so highly of her and our marriage.

What I "Thought" was such a solid thing was really an empty sham the whole time and I just could not yet see it back then. She apparently could and had been seriously thinking of leaving me for at least half the marriage. Aside from the Sex, she stayed because I treated her so well, but didn't even really like me, let alone love me.....in other words she just used me all that time because it suited her at the time....

Sounds pretty rough bro. That is a hell of a long time for someone to use you. As much as your situation sucked, no one relationship is the same. Maybe we'll be together maybe we wont.....I dont really want to speculate on what might/could happen. I think that you were pretty cut-up when your wife left you, betrayed trust and all that sorta stuff, and now you've created a bubble.

I think sooner or later you might find that women/relationships are worthwhile, and that you cant let a bad experience be a negative factor in those to come

EDDIE - Props my brother, I really admire that

craig

Eddie
01-30-2008, 05:26 AM
Thanks monkey foot. Did I mention my wife is a schizophrenic which basically means I have more than one woman in my life ;) maybe that’s the reason

still love her tho... so alls good :cool:

sanjuro_ronin
01-30-2008, 05:43 AM
That is because Marriage itself is the leading cause of Divorce.

Or is divorce the leading cause of failed marriages?:D

RD'S Alias - 1A
01-30-2008, 08:21 AM
I think that you were pretty cut-up when your wife left you, betrayed trust and all that sorta stuff, and now you've created a bubble.

Reply]
Yeah, you might be right. Things were actually much better with Theresa...except for her demonic temper...I was with her for 8 years. The Women I have found so far since are just not conducive to good partnerships. They either try to change and mold me, are dishonest, or are great in bed but there is not substantive underlying compatibility.

Although, I don't know more than a handfull of guys that are actually happy with marriage.

Black Jack II
01-30-2008, 11:13 AM
Although, I don't know more than a handfull of guys that are actually happy with marriage.

I blame this on the guy, you only let someone have an absurd base of power over you if you actually give them that power, everytime I encounter a guy who is in the dregs in the relationship, 9 times out of ten its his fault for not sticking up for himself and getting his balls back.

I have been married for 3 years and with her for 15 years total. Great relationship, no mindgames, no bull****, just goodtimes.

If I was to go back out into the dating scene now, I know for a fact I would not be putting up with the crap some of my friends do.

RD'S Alias - 1A
01-30-2008, 11:46 AM
If I was to go back out into the dating scene now, I know for a fact I would not be putting up with the crap some of my friends do.

Reply]
Same here. Infact, I don't put up with it when I date.

From my few years dating till I gave it up recently, I have come to the conclusion that most women want a guy who's not going to be wise to thier games. If you pay attention, they test you early on to see how sharp you are and how much BS you will buy form them.

I have met some Great Girls...on the surface, but so far every one of them has been a recipe for disaster, which is why I rarely ever do a second date.

I think the women that ARE worthwhile are already taken by my age. Only the wackjobs are left.

golden arhat
01-30-2008, 12:28 PM
[I]If I was to go back out into the dating scene
I think the women that ARE worthwhile are already taken by my age. Only the wackjobs are left.

not in russia XD

cost ya tho

lmao

Drake
01-30-2008, 01:04 PM
not in russia XD

cost ya tho

lmao

Russian wives will treat you like royalty, though. Think about it as an investment in your peace of mind. It's not so terrible.

Black Jack II
01-30-2008, 01:20 PM
Again, it's the guy's fault 100 percent.

RD'S Alias - 1A
01-30-2008, 01:27 PM
not in russia XD

cost ya tho

lmao

Reply]
I was E-mialing with a Russian girl for a long time....you guys may remember the thread about it from way back. She turned out to be a short, fat, bald guy in a crappy apartment wearing beer stained Dago T's smoking bad cigars, whos ONLY luxury was a high speed internet connection. He made his living off of scamming Americans with pictures of pretty girls and promises of easy Russian luv and wives.

I found a website with all the pictures and peopel talking about how he had scammed them out of money and all that. It was funny as hell.

I think I posted all the E-mails we exchanged here for everyone's entertainment.

RD'S Alias - 1A
01-30-2008, 01:29 PM
Again, it's the guy's fault 100 percent.

Reply]
So ur saying the Women are not accountable for thier behavior?

Or do you mean it like the old Selfdefense adage where it's YOUR fault if an attacker hits you because you didn't unload your defensive skills on him good and proper ahead of time?

sanjuro_ronin
01-30-2008, 01:35 PM
Of all my circle of friends and my wives, all are married and only one is divorced and 2 are single and all they do is complain about not finding the right person.

As for Russian women- rule #1 with any woman: No Stereotyping.

Black Jack II
01-30-2008, 02:44 PM
So ur saying the Women are not accountable for thier behavior?

The second, if you are comfortable sitting in a **** filled relationship where you are treated like a child, that is your problem. It's the situation you are accepting.

BruceSteveRoy
01-30-2008, 03:05 PM
problem with russia is that for a long time hiv has been a rampant there. incidence of the virus increased dramatically with the fall of the soviet union and subsequent economic trouble. as a result prositution became a huge business in russia and with it the transmission of disease. so if you do get yourself a mail order lady from russia just be sure to keep the reciept and find out the return policy pending multiple blood tests.

SanHeChuan
01-30-2008, 04:11 PM
It's call mail order because you are/were(in the olden days) ordering their mailing address (phone/e-mail now days), not because they get shipped to you like something out of a catalog.

After you purchace their contact information, and hit it off, you fly over there to see them. Then if you both still want to get married, you make the arrangements. And you should make the arrangements yourself (travel, visa, marriage license, etc), don't just hand over your money and hope for the best.

Also don't get caught up in supporting some woman in another country because she says she might marry you, but she's just not sure yet.

These was a whole documentry on the deal really goes down. It's more like long long long distance dating. :eek:

AJM
01-31-2008, 10:55 AM
When you go out to dinner with your mail order bride the service personnel at the restaurant will all be laughing at you behind your back. Eventually the kitchen will join in. God help you if she acts "special".