PDA

View Full Version : Pien San Wing Chun

rochester
01-29-2008, 11:12 AM
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_ce00XMTU2Njc4NDA=.html

Interesting video. Anybody know if these are Pien San san sik and their application? Enjoyed the various forms of chi sao demo'd at the end, seems to have parts of both Pan Nam and YKS platforms.

Phil Redmond
01-29-2008, 01:00 PM

Interesting video. Anybody know if these are Pien San san sik and their application? Enjoyed the various forms of chi sao demo'd at the end, seems to have parts of both Pan Nam and YKS platforms.

Thanks for the link. I don't know much about GLWC. The clip is taking so long to stream so I'm downloading it to my hard drive so I can view it later.

Phil Redmond
01-29-2008, 01:23 PM
Ok unrelated but this is priceless:
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_cb00XNDc0MDQwNA==.html

drleungjohn
01-29-2008, 11:14 PM
Ho-lee-GAWD!

CORRECT SEQUENCES TOO!

Let's all guess which lineage it could be?!?!?

I'm thinking the young master is about 5 or 6

Phil Redmond
01-30-2008, 08:47 AM
Doc -
if that kid keeps practicing he's going to be great.

chusauli
01-30-2008, 11:37 AM
As for the first post, yes that is Gu Lao WCK and some examples of how it is trained. The exercises are a part of how Gu Lao WCK is trained.

As for the young boy, more practice and realistic training will do. Forms are just a start!

I train my son in how to fight. To date, I have taught him very few forms. :)

Best regards,

LoneTiger108
01-30-2008, 12:35 PM

Thanks for sharing the clip. I, for one, had never seen anything of Gulao (Kulo) Wing Chun produced to that quality before. The titles numbered the 22 sets and went on to demonstrate training for each one I presume.

Great stuff! And the kiddie Biu Jee is cool too, although I do wonder if he knows SLT & CK!? Amazing memory...

chusauli
01-31-2008, 10:31 AM
This probably should be on a different post - but seeing the young boy do Biu Jee here makes me think - should you be teaching a form to a child or make sure he gets the correct frame (i.e. body structure) first?

sanjuro_ronin
01-31-2008, 10:45 AM
This probably should be on a different post - but seeing the young boy do Biu Jee here makes me think - should you be teaching a form to a child or make sure he gets the correct frame (i.e. body structure) first?

I thought that teaching structure vis forms was a time -tested TCMA thing?

chusauli
01-31-2008, 11:34 AM
I'd prefer to teach it first without forms because as you can see, the young boy does not have any structure at all... He's posing and not using his body properly.

Phil Redmond
01-31-2008, 03:44 PM
I'd prefer to teach it first without forms because as you can see, the young boy does not have any structure at all... He's posing and not using his body properly.
Jeesh, Wing Chun people are so critical. He's a kid and having fun with his (dad)? At least he's showing some interest. My boys lost that after they re-evaluated girls.
He can get structure soon enough.

drleungjohn
01-31-2008, 09:57 PM
Thank God my guy at 3 still thinks in terms of Kung Fu and Power Rangers(Operation Overdrive)-but he does have the hots for the Pink Ranger Rose!

chusauli
02-01-2008, 07:00 AM
Jeesh, Wing Chun people are so critical. He's a kid and having fun with his (dad)? At least he's showing some interest. My boys lost that after they re-evaluated girls.
He can get structure soon enough.

LOL! Yes, girls are more interesting than structure.

My 6 year old doesn't like them yet, so I salute you Phil for reminding me I only have a little time to work him through his paces!

Not meaning to sound critical, but I think that's what;s wrong with WCK!

Many thanks!

Phil Redmond
02-01-2008, 03:35 PM
LOL! Yes, girls are more interesting than structure.

My 6 year old doesn't like them yet, so I salute you Phil for reminding me I only have a little time to work him through his paces!

Not meaning to sound critical, but I think that's what;s wrong with WCK!

Many thanks!
YW Robert, I was kidding but I do have a beef about how critical we are of each other. Sometimes it's insane.

Phil