PDA

View Full Version : Hung, Choy Lay Fut, Lama Pai & Bok Mei Clip

Lama Pai Sifu
02-05-2008, 06:58 AM
1990 - Grandmaster Chan Tai-San demonstrating his 4 main styles after a small dinner celebrating his birthday. He spent about 2 hours on video, talking about Kung-Fu, his teachers, his life, etc.

Chan Tai-San began Hung Kuyhn training at 8 years old from his Sifu, Yee Hoi-Lung and began CLF training under his main Sifu Jyu Jik Chuyhn at age 13.

He learned Bok Mei from his friend, a disciple of Grandmaster Cheung Lai Chung during his 20's (He also served with Cheung in the army) and began his Lama Pai training in his early 30's with Mai Yi-Po and then later with his Sifu Jyu Chuyhn again at age 44.

Chan Tai-San trained CLF with many teachers including Chan Sai-Mo, who's father was a student of Chan Goon-Bak, Chan Heung's son.

He was quite unique in the sense that he continued to TRAIN in TCMA until he was in his 50's. 40+ years of actual training. He didn't really take an interest in teaching and coaching unitil he was in his late 50's and early 60's.

Thought some of you might enjoy this clip, even though the video quality isn't that good anymore.

HUNG, CHOY LAY FUT, LAMA PAI, BOK MEI (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1tWVp-tO5c)

Peace

CFT
02-05-2008, 07:55 AM
Nice! He looks so young though ... was he really in his 50's? And who is the lady in the doorway scolding him? It looks really comical (I'm at work with sound switched off).

I don't think I've followed up on previous links to Lama Pai video, it was good to see a short snapshot of it here. All those "big" sweeping motions - are they for moving limbs out of the way prior to attacking the body?

I loved how he cracked into a smile at the end ... Alive with pleasure ... seems very apt. It looks like he enjoyed a joke or two?

Lama Pai Sifu
02-05-2008, 08:05 AM
He's actually 72/69, (I'm not exactly sure) in the clip.

He had a 'good' sense of humor.

That was his wife, yelling about the floor stomping...

CFT
02-05-2008, 08:21 AM
He's actually about 72 in the clip.I can't believe that! :eek:

Lama Pai Sifu
02-05-2008, 08:24 AM
He was born in 1917.

CFT
02-05-2008, 08:47 AM
He was born in 1917.I still can't believe it :D
Was he still as spritely when he died?

jow yeroc
02-05-2008, 08:53 AM
That was cool. Thanks alot LPS.

Yum Cha
02-05-2008, 03:38 PM
I particularly liked the Missus giving him last minute instructions on the finer points of his execution.

Looks just like my Sifu's old apartment....

I bet those are some great memories guys. Thanks

WinterPalm
02-05-2008, 03:49 PM
Man, you keep putting up some awesome videos!

Thanks for sharing all this stuff!

Lama Pai Sifu
02-05-2008, 04:22 PM
I particularly liked the Missus giving him last minute instructions on the finer points of his execution.

Looks just like my Sifu's old apartment....

I bet those are some great memories guys. Thanks

Yeah, she ragged on him all the time about having us in the house...

You are right though..they are some great memories.

:)

SifuAbel
02-05-2008, 05:40 PM
You need to take the tape to a professional dubbing house. They'll have equipment that can do multiple oversamples to clean up then digitize the video.

diego
02-05-2008, 07:07 PM
1990 - Grandmaster Chan Tai-San demonstrating his 4 main styles after a small dinner celebrating his birthday. He spent about 2 hours on video, talking about Kung-Fu, his teachers, his life, etc.

Chan Tai-San began Hung Kuyhn training at 8 years old from his Sifu, Yee Hoi-Lung and began CLF training under his main Sifu Jyu Jik Chuyhn at age 13.

He learned Bok Mei from his friend, a disciple of Grandmaster Cheung Lai Chung during his 20's (He also served with Cheung in the army) and began his Lama Pai training in his early 30's with Mai Yi-Po and then later with his Sifu Jyu Chuyhn again at age 44.

Chan Tai-San trained CLF with many teachers including Chan Sai-Mo, who's father was a student of Chan Goon-Bak, Chan Heung's son.

He was quite unique in the sense that he continued to TRAIN in TCMA until he was in his 50's. 40+ years of actual training. He didn't really take an interest in teaching and coaching unitil he was in his late 50's and early 60's.

Thought some of you might enjoy this clip, even though the video quality isn't that good anymore.

HUNG, CHOY LAY FUT, LAMA PAI, BOK MEI (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1tWVp-tO5c)

Peace

One of those clips you don't want to end:) Thanks for posting this Mike...What was CTS's favorite style to practise and what was his favorite style to fight with?.