PDA

View Full Version : Hi just thought I'd share this strange coincidence.....

harry_the_monk
08-14-2001, 06:37 PM
Just thought I'd share this with you, as none of my mates are actually interested in any of my revelations or experiences any more :) Gotta see how long it is till you guys get bored too :p

I practise yoga, and go once a week, normally we do hatha or ashtanga style. Not much strange so far.
This week the day before I went I was meditating and I had the vision of dhalsim(Yes, the guy from streetfighter games.) practising his moves in front me(my eyes were shut so it wasn't a halucination :) )thing is I haven't played streetfighter for over a year, so don't know why it happened. Anyway, instead of getting rid of the image and re-concentrating on my breath I decided to go with it. Basically one of my senior sihings(from my kung-fu class) suddenly pops up in the vision, and starts copying dhalsim's practise infront of me.
Now the strange thing is what happened the next day(just to hurry this on a bit :) )
I went to my yoga class and we had a new teacher there, and it was a different style of yoga we were learning. And all of a sudden she announces we are learning the 'Breath of Fire' today... I was so spooked by it, because the last time I had a vision like that was when I had a dream theat my hands were what I thought at the time herons heads and my fingers were beaks then next day I joined a kung-fu class and was told that the style was a mixture of white crane and snake style....
Probably not very interesting for you guys either, but thought I would share....

BTW has anyone else had strange coincidences like this happen??

Peace...

prana
08-15-2001, 02:04 AM
cool Harry

Sounds like you developed psychic abilities. I've never seen a proper vision of another being, but had vision of myself when exiting a womb as a baby...
interesting stuff :)

Medicine Buddha
om namo bhagawate hekandzyai - guru bendurya prabha randzaya - tatagataya - arhate - samyaksam buddhaya - tayata om bhekandzyai bhekandzyai - maha bhekandzyai bhekandzyai -randza samungate soha

PlasticSquirrel
08-15-2001, 05:39 AM
look into the bible in the books that the prophets wrote and at the book of revelations especially. it's full of stuff like the things you experienced (maybe not street fighter, but...). the beasts with different parts of the body belonging to different animals and symbolizing things that will come in the future are really neat. if you look at some of the old prophecies, they fulfill themselves later on in the new testament. some of it sounds as if it would be really scary to see, but it's really neat stuff. :)

dave the dragon
08-15-2001, 12:12 PM
i believe that is kundalini yoga . I have dabbled in that very funny"coincidence"there mr monk . I had never equated kundalini to dhalsim from street fighter before very interesting!!I must drag that old game out someday.

harry_the_monk
08-15-2001, 06:30 PM
Prana, thankyou for your suggestion that I may have developed psychic powers. Unfortunately as I do not know enough about these or how they work, I have to remain slightly scepticle. It is pretty cool when things like that happen though :) It is interesting that you have had the visions of exiting the womb as a baby, as sometimes if I let myself wander while meditating, I also have a kind of regression( like a super fast rewind button) but I have not gone far enough back as to the womb. I think I would probably have to meditate for a few days, and allow my mind to focus on that one wandering before that would happen
:)
Dave, thanks, I wondered what it was, it was pretty cool style of yoga with chanting as well. (The link between dhalsim and that though is the breath of fire special move he has)
Plastic squirrel, may try that out, just have to dig up an old bible :)

Peace...

Vash
09-27-2003, 07:48 PM
yoga is of the devil.

Kristoffer
09-28-2003, 07:09 AM
describe the real life 'breath of fire' please

ZIM
09-28-2003, 07:52 AM
http://www.kundaliniyoga.org/pranayam.html
describe the real life 'breath of fire' please

Kristoffer
09-29-2003, 09:06 AM
thanks! Very interesting

chen zhen
10-19-2003, 12:19 PM
I once thought i was Lara Croft in a dream.

sad thing is that it kept on after i woke up.

Kristoffer
10-30-2003, 07:21 AM
I'm confused, are you saying you have extremly girly lips and abnormal sized chest?

http://www.ctlmanagement.co.uk/images/Lookalike/lara%20croft.jpg

Repulsive Monkey
10-30-2003, 10:28 AM
I once dreamt of my Masters Master long after he had died. In the dream he did a sword form in a strange shaped room. He didn't talk to me at all but his wife was there and she told me not to say a word but just watch what he does.

A few days later I saw for the first time some old footage around my Masters house of his Master in Taipei doing a sword form, and so many movements he did were exactly the same.
I was totally shocked and we had to turn the video off for a while while I explained my experince a few days prior to my master.
He said it was definitely portenuous.

I even dreamt of another living master who taught me a Dim Mak point in a dream that I didn't know, and found out the next day that it was legitimate. The same master a few months ago appeared in a dream to briefly pointed out a some acupuncture points to me. Next day I didn't think anything of it but when I went later that week to get some acupuncture, I told my practitioner about the dream and he suggested that we use the points in the treatment.
That was the best treatment I have ever had.

Hard for me to really know what's going here, but I'm very happy to hazard a guess.

By the way really nice to see you again in here Prana, you've been missed.

chen zhen
11-05-2003, 07:41 AM
freak:D

Starchaser107
11-05-2003, 08:35 AM
yes,
when i first started yoga, meditating a considerable lot , and taking natural herbal concoctions
lots of strange things were happenning.

backbreaker
11-06-2003, 01:52 PM
Interesting.Sounds like you do a fair amount of meditation.I have also had many visions of strange things like that you wouldn't expect to see, while meditating,usually not especially clear,more like an unclear dream vision,But I have also had almost real visions.I rarely dream but when I do it's very clear like real life.One time I wasnt acting very respectful towards someone who actually had a qigong master,and when I woke up the next day an acupoint on my thumb really hurt and hurt all the way up to my shoulder point. What is Medicine Buddha?Does it have to do with Quan Yin buddha?Yoga is not of the devil as I have heard Jesus was the original Qigong/Yoga healer