PDA

View Full Version : I saw this documentary on National Geographic Channel about the Dog Brothers

IronFist
02-07-2008, 12:42 PM
Sorry, I'm not sure if there's been a thread on this or not yet. It was on NGCHD a few weeks ago but I just got around to watching it last night (I DVRed it).

It was pretty awesome. It showed some of their meets, talked with the original three Dog Brothers, and talked with some of the people attending. And of course they showed some fight footage.

They basically said they were looking for a realistic situation in which to test their skills.

The elder Dog Brothers were very well-spoken. They weren't just brawlers or thugs. I think they represented the sport well.

sanjuro_ronin
02-07-2008, 12:56 PM
Sorry, I'm not sure if there's been a thread on this or not yet. It was on NGCHD a few weeks ago but I just got around to watching it last night (I DVRed it).

It was pretty awesome. It showed some of their meets, talked with the original three Dog Brothers, and talked with some of the people attending. And of course they showed some fight footage.

They basically said they were looking for a realistic situation in which to test their skills.

The elder Dog Brothers were very well-spoken. They weren't just brawlers or thugs. I think they represented the sport well.

Yeah, I missed that, but I am hoping to get the DVD when it comes out.
There is a clip of that on the dog brothers website.
The Dog Brothers have taken their MA to a level that I wish everyone would take theirs - Pure Training and very little ego.
Their willingness to share what they have learned through the pain is also somethign that deserves serious respect.

martialartspeon
02-07-2008, 01:15 PM
What is the Dog brother's history? I've never heard of them. Are they in relation to that bounty hunter?

sanjuro_ronin
02-07-2008, 01:18 PM
What is the Dog brother's history? I've never heard of them. Are they in relation to that bounty hunter?

www.dogbrothers.com

or do a search on youtube.

Mas Judt
02-07-2008, 02:40 PM
Met Mark Denny once at an event. He hung out with me and a training buddy for a good while. Really, really great guy, who knows what time it is.

Love those guys. Wish I had a chance back in the day to play. Now I gotta stay pretty for business :D

Water Dragon
02-07-2008, 04:09 PM
Gotta get pretty first! Don't know what that says about me though as everyone knows you only train people who are uglier than you!