PDA

View Full Version : Get together in Calgary, Alberta:)

sihing
02-08-2008, 08:34 AM
Hi All,

Just a heads up, I am heading out to Calgary, Alberta for some family business, and while there I will be putting on a small seminar on March 1st and 2nd, for one of the students that is training in WSL/GL VT there, so if your in the area and want to learn a bit about WSL/GL Wing Chun, let me know, I'm always up to meeting fellow WC practitioners:). If you just want to come by and say hi, that is cool too:D

James

Ernie
02-08-2008, 10:19 AM
LOL we will be holding seminars on the same weekend ,, i will be up north myself ,, just not quite so far BRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrr :D

good luck man and have fun !

sihing
02-08-2008, 08:58 PM
That's cool bro. Maybe I can get one of those machines that can project moving images and just have you do both at the same time:) LoL. If you feel like switching locales, just let me know, as I think I have fallen in love with the west coast, visiting there too much I guess.

I wish you the same man, have some fun and say Hi to Jeff for me:)

James

mitch
03-05-2008, 07:53 PM
James Roller did a wonderful job last weekend teaching 8 of us for 10 hours over 2 days.
Everyone in attendance has had some form of WC training in their past.
This method was a first time experience for most of those that were there. For 3 of us it has been a recent discovery, as I was first introduced to WSL material last Sept. at a Ernie Barrios workshop that James had hosted in Thunder Bay, Ont.
I've received lots of great feedback from the other students and are already asking me when the next workshop will be.
A workshop with Ernie is in the plans and I hope to see James out here again this year also. :D

Craig M

Matrix
03-05-2008, 07:56 PM
James Roller did a wonderful job last weekend teaching 8 of us for 10 hours over 2 days.
<snip>
A workshop with Ernie is in the plans and I hope to see James out here again this year also. :D Hey Craig,
How are things roomie. :D
I hope your training is going well. You're in good hands with James, that's for sure.

Cheers,
Bill

sihing
03-05-2008, 08:37 PM
This method was a first time experience for most of those that were there. For 3 of us it has been a recent discovery, as I was first introduced to WSL material last Sept. at a Ernie Barrios workshop that James had hosted in Thunder Bay, Ont.
I've received lots of great feedback from the other students and are already asking me when the next workshop will be.
A workshop with Ernie is in the plans and I hope to see James out here again this year also. :D

Craig M

Hey Craig,

It was my pleasure to share with you and the boys:) It's really a dream come true to be able to travel around and teach/train with other people with an interest in Wing Chun. The group was certainly varied, I believe there was 3 different lineages represented, with all of them working well together, and by the end of the weekend things were starting to click in.

Yes, for sure we have to get Ernie up there this year, that will be a blast and an announcement will be made when the plans are put into place.

Thanks a ton Craig, I had a blast visiting with you and the rest of the boys, and I hope to see you soon as well:)

Cheers:D

James

sihing
03-05-2008, 08:40 PM
Hey Craig,
How are things roomie. :D
I hope your training is going well. You're in good hands with James, that's for sure.

Cheers,
Bill

Thx for the kudos Bill:)
Craig's well on his way Bill, he's a hard trainer and loves WSL VT, plus he has a great set up at his pad, like a real kwoon in his basement with some hard workin students.

James

Matrix
03-05-2008, 08:52 PM
Thx for the kudos Bill:)
Craig's well on his way Bill, he's a hard trainer and loves WSL VT, ...James,
That's great to hear.
Don't forget to keep me in the loop for any Toronto events.

Bill

sihing
03-05-2008, 08:58 PM
James,
That's great to hear.
Don't forget to keep me in the loop for any Toronto events.

Bill

Planning on bringin Ernie down there too sometime this year as well. I'll keep you in the loop for sure man.

James

couch
03-06-2008, 06:27 AM
Planning on bringin Ernie down there too sometime this year as well. I'll keep you in the loop for sure man.

James

Cow Town or T.O., I'll be there.

sihing
03-06-2008, 11:05 AM
Cow Town or T.O., I'll be there.

Your the first one on the list to contact bro, it will be a great time believe me:)

James

couch
03-06-2008, 01:28 PM

Craig M

Hey Craig!

Hope you're holding it down in Cow Town for me! Good to hear that you and James got together.

Hope all is well,
Kenton

Broken Fist
03-07-2008, 10:19 AM
The seminar was great James! Finally got to meet people from other lineages all who were very pleasant to train with. I learned a lot from it and can't wait to get you and Ernie out to teach us more!

-Me