PDA

View Full Version : Strange Occurences?

mileh
08-20-2001, 02:08 PM
When i practice standing qi-gong (i think its called holding the tree posture) i feel as though my feet are being sucked into the ground. Also after i finish everything seems to slow down and i dont feel like im there, everything just feels like it doesn'tt exist. Both these things happen often, is this normal? thanks

http://www.themelee.com/smilies/s/contrib/dvv/cwmnoid.gif

prana
08-21-2001, 02:06 AM
These things happens a lot on many Buddhist meditations (I believe many other forms of yoga and Qi-gong too).

I remember a story of a kid who went to a Vipashyana class in Dhama Bhumi. He was about 12 and was quite reluctant to stay. Eventually during his meditation, all of a sudden in a hall of about 110 students, he burst out crying, scared and disorientated, and he cried "I don't exist ! I can't feel my body, I am nothing !"... ahhh what a great discovery.... and in such a little kid.

Another form of meditation involves meditation on the body as a corpse (practised much in Thailand and Burma) whereby the techniques involves visualising parts of their body disintegrating and turning into the 5 elements of nature, rendering attachment to self "I" and "my" ridiculous. They also meditate on corpses to face the reality that we all must die in this existence...

Maybe this is what you feel, maybe not. But I remember my grandmaster saying that the stance will force your Chi up your spine, and hence will cause certain realisations...

Medicine Buddha
om namo bhagawate bekandzyai - guru bendurya prabha randzaya - tatagataya - arhate - samyaksam buddhaya - tayata om bhekandzyai bhekandzyai - maha bhekandzyai bhekandzyai -randza samungate soha

bratok304
08-21-2001, 04:22 AM
and the boy cried out: ....

mileh
08-22-2001, 07:56 AM
thankyou, thats exactly what i feel, nothingness, also when this first happened all the pictures and things i saw looked pointless, i then realised there is no point in all this because we are going to die anyway.
Ha, im probably the only 16 year old that thinks in this manner.

http://www.themelee.com/smilies/s/contrib/dvv/cwmnoid.gif

prana
08-22-2001, 08:10 AM
Dalai Lama wrote a book about meditation purely on nothingness. This itself cannot lead you to pure enlightenment under the care of Arahats. THe missing ingrdient is the motivation of a Boddhisattva, that is Bodhicitta.

For those who arent familiar with this word, it is the understanding that all sentient wish to be free from this life of suffering, and want to be really happy. In this, one creates the motivation to achieve enlightenment to teach all living kinds to achieve the same. To free all beings from all forms of suffering and achieve Buddhahood or be reborned in Nirvana....

Medicine Buddha
om namo bhagawate bekandzyai - guru bendurya prabha randzaya - tatagataya - arhate - samyaksam buddhaya - tayata om bhekandzyai bhekandzyai - maha bhekandzyai bhekandzyai -randza samungate soha

bert.nes
08-24-2001, 05:29 AM
good answer,prana.