PDA

View Full Version : Chan Tai-San teaches Bok Mei (VIDEO)

Lama Pai Sifu
02-09-2008, 08:22 PM
Okay, here is some more footage I dug up. It's of me learning the 1st section, almost 1/2 of Grandmaster Chan Tai-San's Bok Mei Sahp Jih Kuyhn. (Cross Pattern Form).

This was the first time I had learned Bok Mei. Here's a just a little clip of me training, or stumbling should I say, through the form. I look at it now and think about how much I sucked back then..lol. There are a dozen major errors I'm making here. Fortunatly, they got corrected over time. At least I hope so...:eek:

This was in my first school, in Mineola, NY back in 1991. I was training with Sifu Chan for a few years already, but he would never teach me Bok Mei before I opened my school. He knew I wanted to learn it and used to dangle it out in front of me from time to time, like a carrot and a stick.

Bok Mei Clip (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elY5IWhBpGY)

I hope you guys enjoy it. :)

diego
02-09-2008, 08:35 PM
Okay, here is some more footage I dug up. It's of me learning the 1st section, almost 1/2 of Grandmaster Chan Tai-San's Bok Mei Sahp Jih Kuyhn. (Cross Pattern Form).

This was the first time I had learned Bok Mei. Here's a just a little clip of me training, or stumbling should I say, through the form. I look at it now and think about how much I sucked back then..lol. There are a dozen major errors I'm making here. Fortunatly, they got corrected over time. At least I hope so...:eek:

This was in my first school, in Mineola, NY back in 1991. I was training with Sifu Chan for a few years already, but he would never teach me Bok Mei before I opened my school. He knew I wanted to learn it and used to dangle it out in front of me from time to time, like a carrot and a stick.

Enjoyed it very much!.

Cheers

SifuAbel
02-09-2008, 09:18 PM
Awesome stuff!!!!

Wildwoo
02-09-2008, 10:01 PM

i saw your teacher perform the "piano wire" break as well as "wind through the ears"
in '97 at Tat Wong's event in SF. He was an amazing Martial Artist. You got some nice jing going there Michael.

Apple no fall far from tree.

Lama Pai Sifu
02-09-2008, 10:08 PM
i saw your teacher perform the "piano wire" break as well as "wind through the ears"
in '97 at Tat Wong's event in SF. He was an amazing Martial Artist. You got some nice jing going there Michael.

Apple no fall far from tree.

Thanks for the kind words, I too think my teacher was pretty cool. I can't help but be a bit embarassed while watching this clip though, it was 17 years ago, but I look at it now and it looks like I knew nothing at the time. :(

I couldn't understand the technique - Suk Sao, and my weight is incorrectly distributed in a few positions. I should reshoot it now..I think it would look at least a little better...

What do you mean by 'wind through ears'? I have never heard the term. :)

Peace

Wildwoo
02-10-2008, 01:02 AM
Correct me if I am wrong but the "Chi Gong" technique where he lay down with his head on two bricks then another 7 bricks were stacked on his head and broken with a sledge hammer. He popped right up as soon as his head was struck. I am pretty sure that was him.:confused:

Lama Pai Sifu
02-10-2008, 05:59 AM
Yeah...I just never heard the name of the technique before! Thanks.