PDA

View Full Version : Shooting the terrorists in our homeland

Yao Sing
02-12-2008, 02:50 PM
Dang terrorists are everywhere. I'm scared, really scared. :rolleyes:

Comments? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G63FEamhpA0)

Black Jack II
02-12-2008, 04:29 PM
Those free trade summit protestors, the stop totalitarianism mind numb robots are annoying as hell, Elizabeth Ritter should not of gotten pinged but it was fun to watch none the less.

Stupid Hippy Cow.

BTW-Your video has nothing to do with terrorists. Trying to link this police misconduct to the war in Iraq is bogus but go ahead and have fun with that.:D

David Jamieson
02-12-2008, 05:34 PM
ya gotta ask yourself why so many riot police for people who are only shouting and carrying signs.

being "annoying" is not a good enough reason to be shot with rubber bullets or otherwise.

Yao Sing
02-13-2008, 08:07 AM
Hey, a terrorist is a terrorist. Like our supreme commander said "You're either with us or against us in the fight against terror."

Didn't you know? It's "us" and "them" so no need to differentiate. And he can declare anyone "them" so you're just nitpicking between foreign terrorists with bombs and the dreaded old lady with a picket sign.

Black Jack II
02-13-2008, 09:09 AM
Hey, a terrorist is a terrorist. Like our supreme commander said "You're either with us or against us in the fight against terror."

Which, still has nothing to do with the post topic, whatsoever in context to the video shown.

But again, good luck with that;)

Golden Spider
02-13-2008, 09:45 AM
It still looked like a lot of police misconduct to me.:mad:

Takuan
02-13-2008, 07:03 PM
Can someone go and protest her child's birth? after all, free speech!

:P

Errant108
02-13-2008, 07:44 PM
Terrorists in our country? Maybe we should as the wife of Rhode Island's governor where they are hiding! She's seems to be real good at that!

http://www.projo.com/ri/providence/content/asian_youths_02-07-08_578TRUS_v10.356081c.html

PROVIDENCE — On Dec. 13, a 16-year-old Southeast Asian youth called Governor Carcieri’s decision to cut three Southeast Asian interpreters “racist.” A week later, the governor’s wife, Sue Carcieri, called the youth’s criticism “bad behavior.”

But she went further: in an interview with Journal columnist M. Charles Bakst last month, Sue Carcieri said, “First of all, I think they have mentors who are much older than them who are training them up. You know — how those terrorists have kids blow up, you know, Benazir Bhutto and so forth? You think the kids thought of it? I don’t think so.”

Those comments have incensed Southeast Asian teenagers, many of whom are members of a group called Providence Youth Student Movement, a student advocacy organization. Yesterday, they held a news conference on Broad Street in which they demanded an apology from Sue Carcieri, asked both the governor and his wife to meet with them and urged the governor to reinstate the interpreters.
Extra

M. Charles Bakst: What Governor Carcieri and First Lady Sue Carcieri are thinking as the state budget battle begins

Your Turn: Should Rhode Island First Lady Sue Carcieri apologize for comments she made about "bad behavior" of Southeast Asian youth?

In November, the governor announced that he was cutting the three interpreters as part of a much larger effort to trim the state’s budget deficit — projected at between $384 million and $450 million next year.

At the news conference, Tam Nguyen said that he was the 16-year-old boy who had “the courage to stand up for my community.”

“When Mrs. Carcieri compared me to a suicide bomber and my mentor to a terrorist leader, I was mad and disappointed,” he said. “I am not a bad kid. I am just trying to be an advocate for my community.”

Yesterday, in a prepared statement, Sue Carcieri said she does not intend to apologize, nor do the Carcieris intend to meet with the youth group.

“However, Governor Carcieri believes this group should apologize for calling him a racist,” the statement says. “That is a grave charge that should not be levied (sic) in an effort to score political points or attract media attention.”

According to Carcieri spokesman Jeff Neal, Sue Carcieri never meant to draw any connection between the people who object to the governor’s plan to reduce the size of the state work force and the individuals responsible for the death of Bhutto, the former Pakistani prime minister who was assassinated in December.

“Instead, Mrs. Carcieri was objecting to the tendency among certain groups to accuse the governor, either overtly or by implication, of racism or bigotry,” the statement says. “Governor and Mrs. Carcieri believe that people can have serious differences of opinion on important policy issues without using those types of insults.”

But 16-year-old Pirom Ting said that taking away interpreters will eliminate the only direct link between Southeast Asian parents and essential state services. Students also said that this cut will force them to skip school in order to interpret for their parents.

“It was stated that allowing us to meet with the governor himself would be rewarding bad behavior,” Ting said. “Is it bad behavior to speak our minds and express our emotions on things that directly impact us? Is it wrong to care about what is happening in our community? I don’t see it as a reward to meet with the governor. I see it as our right.”

Meanwhile, Steven Brown, executive director of the Rhode Island Affiliate of the American Civil Liberties Union, added his voice to yesterday’s protest by Southeast Asian youth. In December, the ACLU filed a complaint with the federal Office of Civil Rights in Boston, charging that the state Department of Human Services had violated federal law and failed to comply with a 1997 consent agreement, which required that the DHS provide appropriate interpreter services to clients with limited English language proficiency.

Mook Jong
02-13-2008, 08:00 PM
being "annoying" is not a good enough reason to be shot with rubber bullets or otherwise.

but being ugly is ;)

teetsao
02-13-2008, 10:23 PM
now this is good stuff and you guys are spot on and agree.

www.infowars.com

SifuAbel
02-14-2008, 12:04 AM
What?!?!? Miami cops are *******s?!?!?! Dude, thats the way its been for as long as I've been alive. That cowboy fascist regime called the Miami police has been a running joke for 30 years. The joke was that those too unstable to be Metro-Dade easily got in to Miami.

No one seems to remember the Miami cocaine cop fiasco of the early eighties. Or the rampant corruption of city government.

What evolved into the current Miami police came from a long string of cowboys and cubanazo rednecks fighting crime. They started regarding the people as "the enemy". Or like sheep. They changed their motto from "to protect and serve" to "professional law enforcemenet." As far as they were concerned you were either a cop or a criminal. The respect for the citizenry dropped year after year.

Miami was a total fear zone from 77 to 90. Starting with the Dadeland mall massacre. Several riots stemming from police shootings in black neighborhoods. Drugs in every corner. People died like it was free. Then came Mariel boat lifts I and II. Crack. The list goes on.

Miami Vice, LMAO!!! That was an art deco sugar coated dream. The reality was way dirtier.

Drake
02-14-2008, 01:51 AM
Illegal protests, especially ones that block commerce, are paralyzing for the local economy and are always given plenty of warning to disperse before anything is used. We have the right of peaceable assembly, but it must be approved so that everyone else can go on with their lives without being held hostage by a random protest.

I don't agree with rubber bullets, though. Tear gas works great and leaves no permanent injury.