Hmmmmm.....;)

http://bostonboabom.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boabom

Oso
02-14-2008, 04:53 PM
naw, I just now, today, came up with a name for my own personal style:

Osowrestfujitsu(tm)

it's the bomb ass mofo martial art.

it sorta came to me last night when I was having my peeps work a deng pu type throw with a little uchi mata flavor from a standing wizzer position.

David Jamieson
02-14-2008, 05:46 PM
how about the ancient roman art of makus ****us uppus? now that style is the bomb!

tattooedmonk
02-14-2008, 05:52 PM
was all made up by someone. I do not understand your perspective on this subject.

What is the problem with people putting different things together that work and then practicing and teaching it??

David Jamieson
02-14-2008, 06:01 PM
absolutely nothing is wrong with devising an effective method of exercise or martial art and sharing it or selling it to others.

but that line gets crossed when it's gone on about 10,000 year old roots and then go on to say how china is somehow responsible for karate and taekwondo etc etc and more opposed by what is demonstrably and readily shown to disprove the gratuitously vague embellishments.

now even that might not be so bad , but then there is the co-opting of cultures that are no longer vague and creating backstory that is entirely unsourced, certainly unverifiable and definitely not accessible far enough back to be credible.

just sayin. :)

tattooedmonk
02-14-2008, 06:03 PM
:cool:
absolutely nothing is wrong with devising an effective method of exercise or martial art and sharing it or selling it to others.

but that line gets crossed when it's gone on about 10,000 year old roots and then go on to say how china is somehow responsible for karate and taekwondo etc etc and more opposed by what is demonstrably and readily shown to disprove the gratuitously vague embellishments.

now even that might not be so bad , but then there is the co-opting of cultures that are no longer vague and creating backstory that is entirely unsourced, certainly unverifiable and definitely not accessible far enough back to be credible.

just sayin. :) Fair enough,thanks for your response.

Ben Gash
02-14-2008, 06:32 PM
What is the problem with people putting different things together that work and then practicing and teaching it??

"That work" being the problem. Stringing together a load of valueless crap and passing it off as an authentic art, that's where things become problematic.

tattooedmonk
02-14-2008, 06:32 PM
I am noticing that there a great deal of karate guys calling their arts "kung fu" now. I met this guy who teaches shoto kan and kung fu, he tells me that he is doing tai ji quan. Now, I have studied tai ji quan for over 10 years now and I should know that difference between shoto kan being done slow and real taiji , right? This guy told me it was a secret family style taught to him by someone. Anyway I just had to leave other wise I would have done something or said something I should not .