PDA

View Full Version : nearly train fight

russellsherry
02-14-2008, 05:39 PM
hi guys it must be the new year or something, i was just on a train going to uni , this guy and girlfriend , get on , and they looked if they were on something , he starts giveing me bad looks and i thought something might be on the cards so i got up walked back of the carrige, where the cameras were and heaps of people, also i noticed the train cops get on this was 11 in the morning , i stood up and made sure he noticed , my walking stick , i was going to maybe uppercut to the groin if i got jumped , he noticed that , there were witness and nothing happened what would you guys have done? this guy looked as if he was on speed

peace russell sherry

sihing
02-14-2008, 05:56 PM
hi guys it must be the new year or something, i was just on a train going to uni , this guy and girlfriend , get on , and they looked if they were on something , he starts giveing me bad looks and i thought something might be on the cards so i got up walked back of the carrige, where the cameras were and heaps of people, also i noticed the train cops get on this was 11 in the morning , i stood up and made sure he noticed , my walking stick , i was going to maybe uppercut to the groin if i got jumped , he noticed that , there were witness and nothing happened what would you guys have done? this guy looked as if he was on speed

peace russell sherry

Probably the same thing you did. Smart move Russell, and glad to hear nothing happened?

Now back to my tree hugging excercise:rolleyes:, while waiting for all the Monday morning quarterbacks to come on and tell you what you "really" should have done.

James

Liddel
02-14-2008, 05:57 PM
Good situational awareness Russ. Spotting potential trouble is half the battle imo.
Moving to a place where there are cameras and more people was good IME, that way if it did kick off and you ended up smashing the guy you have evidence you were not the agressor.

Ive had friends get sucker punched, baited in to a one on one fight only to have three of the opponents mates randomly appear (set up :rolleyes:)

These sorts of things dont really happen to me cause im always looking people in the eyes and avoiding confrontation first, fighting only as a last resort. Although sometimes ive had no choice.

I wouldnt do much differnet in fighting a guy on meth, i train to fight, not to fight someone with no pain tolerance...if it happened, id be stuck with what i have for everyone else :o

Museumtech
02-14-2008, 06:20 PM
Hi Russel,

Your situation and response reminded me of a set of rules that GM Cheung made us recite as part of our very first grading in 1979.

Avoid rather than check
Check rather than contact
Contact rather hurt
Hurt rather than maim
Maim rather than kill
Kill rather than be killed

russellsherry
02-18-2008, 04:50 PM
hi james and guys, thanks for the advice, museumtech are you from melbourne ? peace russell sherry

Museumtech
02-18-2008, 08:00 PM
Yes Russ,

I trained under GM Cheung from 1979 - 1984 (Fitzroy then Coors Lane). I now train with Bruce Corles weekdays and back in the city school with William Cheung of a weekend.

Take care,

Peter